AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

I recall seeing a post about magnetizing warlord waist but now I can't seem to find it.  Did I imagine, or did one exist here?  Most of the youtube 'this is how you magentize your warlord' guides basically say 'hole here, put magnet' as opposed to actually showing... instructions. 

I just read from warcom that lancer rules are in decembers white dwarf. should I buy it or wait for Titandeath? do we even know if it contains those rules? Edited by Parweke

I recall seeing a post about magnetizing warlord waist but now I can't seem to find it.  Did I imagine, or did one exist here?  Most of the youtube 'this is how you magentize your warlord' guides basically say 'hole here, put magnet' as opposed to actually showing... instructions. 

You can have a look at my project log, on page 3 I posted about my experience magnetising the warlord's waist. Don't hesitate if you have questions.

I just read from warcom that lancer rules are in decembers white dwarf. should I buy it or wait for Titandeath? do we even know if it contains those rules?

Yes, they are. Check at the bottom of the WHC article, "New Rules – Scions of Battle: Rules for fielding a Banner of Cerastus Knights in Adeptus Titanicus: The Horus Heresy"

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2018/11/30/30th-nov-white-dwarf-preview-decembers-issuegw-homepage-post-4/

You can have a look at my project log, on page 3 I posted about my experience magnetising the warlord's waist. Don't hesitate if you have questions.

So basically you assembled the hips AND the torso before stuffing them and slapping on the magnets.  Do you think this was the optimal way of doing it, or if you had to do it again would you do it before assembling the hips and/or torso.

I glued the platform with the railing to the pelvis on mine and left the top of the torso separate for painting. Magnetizing it now would leave a gap on that platform that may or may not be visible.

If I could do it again I would glue the platform to the torso then magnetize the platform to the pelvis. It’d be way less visible that way.

So basically you assembled the hips AND the torso before stuffing them and slapping on the magnets.  Do you think this was the optimal way of doing it, or if you had to do it again would you do it before assembling the hips and/or torso.

Basically that is pretty much what I did, but I did not stuffed the torso, I put a rectangle of plasticard there. Note that I had not glued the bottom part of the torso (step 15 in the instructions, components 28-29-30-31-32) as I wanted to keep some access to the interior of the torso. Had it been glued, I would not have been able to put the plasticard element in the torso as I did.

Regarding the hips, I probably would glue plasticard under component 26 instead of stuffing the hips with foam, but then the measures must be extremely precise. Using the foam allowed some flexibility as it can be compressed. But you have to glue some plasticard for the magnet to stick to it.

My opinion is that it helps greatly to integrate the magnets either before gluing or while building some of the subcomponents. It really depends on the various parts you want to magnetise. E.g. for the Apoc launchers, there is no difference between gluing the magnet when building the Apoc launcher or waiting until the complete skeleton is done. Same for the arms. For magnetising the head, it is best to drill into component 37 before gluing it (you can even add some plasticard behind it if needed). For the hips, I would do it at the same time I'm building them (steps 1, 2, 3), same for the torso.

Do we have a titandeath release date?

Titandeath in february, maybe... with warhound maniple, interesting. maybe reaver maniple is in it too.

source: [url=https://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.com/2018/11/40k-vigilus-open-day-part-1.html]https://recalcitrantdaze.blogspot.com/2018/11/40k-vigilus-open-day-part-1.html[/url

not actual confirmation but pretty much what we have heard from gw all along...so soon(ish)

I need to glue my warlord legs...  which one is the safest option?  I am paranoid as...  Delaque informant. :ermm:

a ) standing, legs sightly (?) open or

b ) slightly striding?

How many are you going to do? If you’re going to do more than one just try one standing legs slightly spread as if he’s on First Fire just to get the process down.

If you do one standing with one foot up be sure to keep the pelvis level; it’s easy to tip the pelvis at an angle that won’t look right for a 100’ tall fairly topheavy-looking monster.

Edited by Fajita Fan

Conversion question, has anyone scratchbuilt or modified an existing weapon into a quake cannon for the warlord? I'm not even having luck finding a visual reference to go off of, so I was curious if anyone else had tried

I'm toying with the idea of splicing together a Volcano cannon and an Imperila Knight Battle cannon, perhaps with the end of a Vindicator cannon. If I ever get my finger out, I'll throw up a photo.

Dallo

Conversion question, has anyone scratchbuilt or modified an existing weapon into a quake cannon for the warlord? I'm not even having luck finding a visual reference to go off of, so I was curious if anyone else had tried

I can’t post photos from mobile but I have one mocked up for 3D printing in my gallery. I printed a really half-assed one a few weeks ago but I wanted one with a narrower barrel and a muzzle brake after seeing someone use a gun barrel from a realistic modern tank model.

I can’t post photos from mobile but I have one mocked up for 3D printing in my gallery. I printed a really half-assed one a few weeks ago but I wanted one with a narrower barrel and a muzzle brake after seeing someone use a gun barrel from a realistic modern tank model.

No longer on mobile.

quake

I found this on FB on Adeptus Titanicus 2018 group, here (members only, I am afraid).

vmR8Hlx.jpg

What do you think?

Cylindrical missile launchers would probably look better to be honest.

I reckon it would look good with Hind style rocket pods - I imagine the ones from a Valkyrie would be way too big? Can't think of many other 40k vehicles with round rocket pods.

Anyone have advice for building a force with a bias towards heavier engines? My current plan is to pick up one more Warlord and run 3 Warlords, 2 Reavers, 1 Warhound. The Warhound will get the plasma/gatling loadout, and as it stands I was planning one gatling/fist/missiles Reaver and one triple-laser Reaver, but I'm undecided on my Warlord loadouts and I'm wavering a bit on whether I'd be better getting a third Reaver with the new weapons.