AT Chat, Lists, and Conversions For All Stompy Robot Lovers

Fajita Fan

maybe, I went straight to BL section and there was yellow button that read shop now, clicked it and its out of stock online. no pre order button.

but there is one in the new and exclusive section but still says out of stock...

usually dont buy any of the novels but kinda want to buy this one. :)

Yeah. We get the novel this month and the campaign in the new year. Andy H said it was spaced out to follow the novel so it didn’t spoil the plot points.

So if you care about the background (like this nerd), grab the novel next Saturday. If not, hopefully the campaign book will be along soon in the new year!

The novel release is hardback and a pricey one at that (£20). I usually go ebook so I have it wherever I am and that’s a bit cheaper at £9.99

Have any of you tried Vallejo decal medium and decal fix? I’m a store that has small quantities so I don’t have to buy big jars of micro sol and micro set.

I've not personally, but I'm guessing it'll work in a similar way. 

Whilst I've attested (likely within this thread, or elsewhere!) to Micro Set/Sol - it's probably worth saying that you don't need very much of each product, and they come in sort of paint sized pots anyway. If it's done about 4k of Mechanicum, and it still looks nearly full for me - you'll probably be alright for all of your Titans! Just in terms of sizing, each of my pots if 1 fl. oz. - and you probably couldn't tell they've been used, but from a quick look - you'd need about two of each Vallejo bottles to make up the same quantity, so if it were half the price... Worth exploring other reviews - and if it's readily available, great!

The bottles I saw at a store awhile back seemed really big for the amount I would need. I got the Vallejo stuff even if the price/ounce wasn’t as good because I just don’t need much.

I’ve seen videos of how to make your own brown or black washes for much cheaper but I simply don’t need a half gallon of black wash even if that only costs $15.

I think that's it: you use surprisingly little when applying, so no need to get tonnes! I'll be looking out my decals, and then debating whether I get the larger sheet too to help diversify.

I go through black and brown ink washes like crazy - so always try and keep a stock at all times. It'll be interesting using oils on these Titans, just as something different to play with in terms of new technique. 

I'm planning some models with heavy Chaos conversions that will be dripping blood from their hydraulics and joints instead of oil. 

Still haven't gotten back my last file from the 3d printer but I've split up some designs including a pair of quake cannons, a Reaver melta, some Warlord carapace mounts for megabolters and Gatling blasters, and then some vehicles for terrain.  I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Thunderhawk comes out, I did a lot of work to simplify the model for printing. 

Terrain And guns

Edited by Fajita Fan

Just been watching VoD Twitch - the recent AT lore one with Andy H while washing the dishes (as you do...) and he specifically says Titandeath supplement is out in January (and Wade confirms). As far as I know it was only confirmed as very early next year previously, so that’s good news.

I think we’ll see the 2nd Reaver kit alongside it and hopefully something else, something new. I’ve heard there’s a ‘lighter than a Warhound’ scout Titan called a Rapier featured in the Titandeath novel, maybe we’ll see that.