Barners SW Primaris Progress

sbarnby71

18 minutes ago, SvenIronhand said:

Looking good. The Primal Hounds are, save for a certain project of mine, a bit too savage for my Greymanes. But they certainly work for their intended purpose.

I'm thinking I want to start a new Company based around the Hounds Of Morki, darker armour colour and much more runes and trinkets, more skull helms make them into a real feral, terror Company. 

1 hour ago, sbarnby71 said:

I'm thinking I want to start a new Company based around the Hounds Of Morki, darker armour colour and much more runes and trinkets, more skull helms make them into a real feral, terror Company. 

My thoughts for the project are along the same line -- a battle-mad pack of berserks who are all too lucid. 

Though their version of Morkai has an older name. Arawn

Edited by SvenIronhand

9 hours ago, Bryan Blaire said:

I like what you’ve put together, the pose is really good.  I’m not a fan of all their bits, but if I had the ability, I’d definitely get some of the ones I do want.  They look really good on the figures!

Thank man. Yeah I'm liking most of their bits. I'm just doing a deal with guy on esty to do me a BIG run of the pieces I want. There are a lot of sellers on there selling these bits and a few on ebay too. Worth reaching out and asking if they would do a run of the bits you want.

• 2 months later...
Posted (edited)

Happy New Year brothers and sisters.

Managed to get some building time over the holiday period and worked with some of the Primal Hounds pieces.  After working with these bits for a while it struck me this is too easy, there is such a variety of pieces and bits you can just slap these on and never do any real customization (even if it is just bit-bashing), so I know I need to up my game with these bits and not just be lazy and use the bits as is.

Hound 2-1.jpg

Hound 2-2.jpg

Hound 2-3.jpg

Hound 2-4.jpg

Hound 3-1.jpg

Hound 3-3.jpg

Hound 3-4.jpg

Hound 3-5.jpg

Hound 4-1.jpg

Hound 4-3.jpg

Hound 4-4.jpg

Hound 5-1.jpg

Hound 5-2.jpg

Hound 5-3.jpg

My fav piece so far is the Seer holding the Necron Warrior head, I plan on putting this on a 60mm base and including the mashed in Necron body and try and make it look like he just ripped it's head off.

Edited by sbarnby71

In one of the HH books there is a reference to Russ having a honour/bodyguard of Terminators that carried Harpoons, this has influenced a lot of my pieces with spears, but I also wanted to create the 40k equivalent, just a few lone Terminators carrying Harpoons and for a few years I've been trying to find something to start that off.  So here is the first of them.

Parts listing:

New Terminator Body with Aquila removed.

Thigh armour plates removed and replaced with Primal Hounds Bracers.

Primal Hounds Loincloth/codpiece.

3D Printed Harpoon with Wolf Skull added.

Primal Hounds Bracer added to left arm.

Primal Hounds Shoulder Pads and Head.

MkIII codpiece bit added to the rear armour to extend it.

Hacked down Genestealer to make a skeleton to drape over the head and back.

Harpoon 1-1.jpg

Harpoon 1-2.jpg

Harpoon 1-3.jpg

Harpoon 1-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, HvitrValdyr said:

Using a dwarf axe I see.

Great job all round here. Loving the harpoon on that terminator.

Yeah I love the Dwarf axes, they really gel well with the Wolves, but I do feel sometimes they are a bit too long to just dangle from a belt, so thought the across the bum would work better.

And thanks on the Termies, I splashed out and bought the FW SW Decal set, it's a pig to work with but the images are so delicate and ornate and really work with this Harpoon guy.  Hope to have some finished pics by the weekend.

• 2 weeks later...

Some excellent modelling and painting Brother! Love both the charging dudes, with the front-grip bolter and the sword. Makes me wanna go get some stuff and have a go myself.

Lovelly to follow this stuff.

On 2/9/2024 at 6:53 PM, Wolf Lord Duregar said:

Some excellent modelling and painting Brother! Love both the charging dudes, with the front-grip bolter and the sword. Makes me wanna go get some stuff and have a go myself.

Lovelly to follow this stuff.

Ah thanks brother, these new Primal Hound bits match up real well with the Assault Intercessors and the one running Reiver you can get.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...