Too Much Ice. More Activity Needed! Rekindle the Flames!

Karack Blackstone

Yes.

My Mark 3’s heads are for my HH project, though.

I should have plenty of spare Mk. 7 helmet heads to go around for a bit. It’s more the bits dive sites to get enough that concerns me.

I may have some mk 3 heads left over from my prospero burns box...

- What is the best pack equipped Bolt Rifle variant? I think the base BR is the best all around option.

I think that the standard Rapid Fire version is generally the best option unless you have a specific role in mind. I think our Grey Hunters are much better than regular Tac squads and operate well in the mid field.

For this reason I think the Stalker version can have a role either in babysitting objectives in your deployment zone or screening Long Fangs from unwelcome charges. The extra range of the stalker in these roles is likely to be more useful than the ability to double-tap up close. I can't really feel the love for the Assault version though, especially as it costs extra.

- Repulsor, I forget the loadout, mostly dakka, with a decent spread of grenade launchers. Has the two Onslaught Gatling weapons, however.

The Dakka Repulsor is pretty good although I would say there is a good case for upgrading the heavy bolters to lascannons since the twin-lascannon got a price drop in Chapter approved. Having a few extra anti-tank guns on a platform with POTMs is pretty helpful if you run into an armour-heavy list.

did the stalker bolt rifle get a stratagem in general or is it limited to a special detachment?

someone told me they can snipe and ignore character rules now

Only in the Crusaders detachment and only with the veteran upgrade. We dont have access to it as wolves though.

1CP - Crusaders

1CP/unit - Veterans

1CP - Target Sighted strat to allow the unit to snipe characters.

did the stalker bolt rifle get a stratagem in general or is it limited to a special detachment?

someone told me they can snipe and ignore character rules now

Only in the Crusaders detachment and only with the veteran upgrade. We dont have access to it as wolves though.

1CP - Crusaders

1CP/unit - Veterans

1CP - Target Sighted strat to allow the unit to snipe characters.

Such a waste...would make intercessors interesting if it was a general stratagem

Oh well...moving on

Thanks for the kind offers, however, I am almost exclusively in need of Mark 7 PA heads for my WH40K force.

WH30K however, some spare Mark 3 Helmets might not hurt.

As it is, the dakka Repulsor is pretty well suited to my needs. The problem is points pinching is pretty hard already at this time. Still, some spare Twin Lascannon might not hurt.

Not 100% sure, but I'll think about it and take a look at the issue over time.

Brothers, I need some help.

I can't find the official Forgeworld color scheme for HH era Space Wolves. Emailed FW and they said their studio painters never got around to posting it like they did with the original legions in the first book.

So I've went from this painting scheme for Emperor's Children that I've used:

Purple: 1. Basecoat with Xereus Purple; 2. Wash with Druchii Violet; 3. Layer with thinned 50/50 mix of Xereus Purple and Genestealer Purple; 4. Final layer with 25/75 mix of Xereus Purple and Genestealer Purple. Gold: 1. Basecoat with Balthasar Gold; 2. Wash with Agrax Earthshade; 3. Highlight with Gehenna’s Gold; 4. Glaze with extremely thinned Druchii Violet. White: 1. Basecoat with Ceramite White; 2. Glaze with thinned Guilliman Blue; 3. Highlight with White Scar

Which was a great guide. Now I can't find a walk through like that for Space Wolves. I know the color scheme is a dark grey (like so many HH legions before the split) but I don't want it to turn into Iron Warriors or Iron Hands.

Appreciate any help! I got my Space Wolf Levi put together with some SW bits tossed on but need to paint it.

Posted a guide on my heresy scheme on my plog: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/349558-a-skjald´s-tale-of-the-days-of-darkness/

Otherwise official GW formula is Mechanicus Standard with Dawnstone highlights.

thank you! those models look amazing. hope mine comes out anything close to that and I'll be proud

Great job on the Aggressors. As for the Wolf Priest, may I suggest the name "Azog the Purifier"? (As he wears a white wolf helm instead of a Wolf Priest's wolf SKULL helm, I was going to suggest the name "Elric," as the "White Wolf" was one of the latter's nicknames. I reconsidered because the name means "Elf Lord," which may make Imperial allies question the Wolf Priest's loyalties; naming him after the "Pale Orc" from The Hobbit seems more appropriate.)

I've decided to halt any further work on my Wolves until this years ETL

For now I'll focus on other projects and finish up the incomplete stuff on my desk

That's a good idea, I have only basecoated a few primaris so far. Might just prime and base coat the rest. That way I can always get any new Primaris ready and make them priority for etl.

I see i am not the only one who is preparing for the next ETL :wink:

I'm sitting on a small pile of Primaris solely for this reason.

I almost went back to strip the few I have already painted, but dismissed that as excessive

Excessive indeed.

As it is, what is your overall impression of Primaris?

I see i am not the only one who is preparing for the next ETL :wink:

I'm sitting on a small pile of Primaris solely for this reason.

I almost went back to strip the few I have already painted, but dismissed that as excessive

Excessive indeed.

As it is, what is your overall impression of Primaris?

game wise, no idea.

i've been slowly collecting them incase i get into 8th and to be ready when GW phases out the older marines

Well, I had a fantastic 2000pt game against Tyranids yesterday. Playing some kind of ITC mission. Game ended in a dead tie, which was a fitting end for a great game!

Best part was Bjorn singlehandedly holding against pretty much the entire Tyranid army! He killed probably a dozen gaunts, 5 tyranid warriors, a tyranid prime, a venomthrope and a tervigon! All in combat. My axe and shield dreadnought did great as well, and both proved to be a good vanguard for my army.

I outflanked three of my grey Hunter squads, which was super handy too, as they were able to hang up on, and plasma a flying hive tyrant when it arrived (to be finished off by a unit of thunderwolves!)

Great game! I'm looking forward to playing with my wolvea more.

I have a few Primaris to finish, then my 2 main projects will be based around these:

Warbeast

This is a Male Warbeast from the Dwarf range by Atlantis Miniatures.  My plan is to create a rider in Terminator Armour with a feral look with a harpoon weapon.  I want him to have an old ragged appearance as though he has been lost on patrol for decades, so will have a junk pile of weapons and armour attached.

Sergeant Dragos Dragadovich

After that is Sergeant Dragos Dragadovich from Warmachine.  He will either become an Iron Priest or possibly just a close combat beast.  This model is really stunning in detail, but it has stupid skinny legs below the knees, so will have to replace them with Terminator Armour.

Archived