Building & Painting My new Kill Team Terrain

MithrilForge

ok before Christmas i had some Killteam games and its awesome fun sooooo... as well as working on my new necron killteam team i started putting together some terrain for my mate's and i to play on.

here is the basic layout below of what im building and as i paint it up i'll post pics of those too ...

here is the basic layout of what i have-

med_gallery_9146_583_678398.jpg

and seperate parts ...

med_gallery_9146_583_1676828.jpgmed_gallery_9146_583_1512003.jpg

and work on the first piece is underway :happy.: reactor sides (averland sunset and yriel yellow) and walkways/top colour chosen (thunderhawk blue)

med_gallery_9146_583_337200.jpgmed_gallery_9146_583_1341547.jpg

More definitely soon :wink: (i'm actually enjoying painting this stuff up)

Cheers, Mithril

finished the other reactor sides,except for a small amount of rust or grime type weathering the panels are done.:happy.:

got to do the metal and pipes on the inside's now then onto the walkways... i may actually finish something this year ... :biggrin.: ...:laugh.:

med_gallery_9146_583_691200.jpg

Cheers, Mithril

Very nice, Mithril! I like the way the yellow + blue-grey came together, with the silver "core" and bronze (?) details. Definitely makes me want to get all my material out, scraped, and assembled (as well as painted).

Something that has stymied me (which put a halt to my terrain project), but I feel you have done very well, is the weathering - what method and materials did you use to get your effect?

furnace -

Base - Averland sunset

All over stippling - Yriel Yellow

Wash - Lamenters Glaze all over

Wash - Casandora yellow only in recesses and some edges and around rivets, sometimes i dab some here n there on plates

wash - Agrax earthshade recesses and rivets only

Weathering-

1. Chardon Granite with sponge (thank you to my mate who still had a bottle of that glorious colour in his paint rack )

* must test out new GW colour combo's to replicate the colour of chardon granite!

++EDIT++ it seems that a 1/1/1 mix of Skavenblight dinge, Stormvermin Fur and Dawnstone is the "NEW" Chardon Granite

2. then i sponged on leadbelcher sparingly

thats it, seems long but it's super fast except for glaze and wash drying times...but that's what red dead redemption 2 is for

cheers, Mithril

Ok Reactor core part is done, now im working on the other Plasma thingy's :sweat:

med_gallery_9146_583_933632.jpg

med_gallery_9146_583_1988328.jpg

these are a bit harder to weather as i should not have joined em together and waited till afterwards(lesson learned :blush.: )

anyways Progress!!

cheers Mithril

Archived