In Service of the Death Lord - DuskRaider's AT Project

DuskRaider

Oops, sorry I didn't answer this! They're actually 8mm, but that's what the Marines were in the old Titanicus / Epic game for some reason so even the old ones are in scale with the current models.

By the way, the reinforcing with sprue has worked splendidly, so thank you to everyone for the suggestion! While I'm not quite going to emulate the Palace there (at least not right now), I'm still making a relatively substantial structure.

Thanks for the replies, I have a bunch of the older epic monopose marines and a few Rhinos (Ebay purchase recently, I never had any way back) and they are definitely 6mm Infantry with the Rhinos being an even smaller scale.

I'm looking for enough 8mm stuff for basing not playing so the search continues... :D

DR: you're welcome mate.

Thanks for the replies, I have a bunch of the older epic monopose marines and a few Rhinos (Ebay purchase recently, I never had any way back) and they are definitely 6mm Infantry with the Rhinos being an even smaller scale.

I'm looking for enough 8mm stuff for basing not playing so the search continues... :biggrin.:

DR: you're welcome mate.

Yeah, you guys are probably right. All I know is that they scale perfectly with the current Titanicus models and that's all that really matters. I kind of wish GW would make their own, but I also don't want to see them dilute / ruin Titanicus by making it Epic 2.0...

Well now wait a second - they could totally do some mini marines, Rhinos, and even some Mechanicus tanks or infantry as part of a “battlefield terrain pack” or “accessories.” They don’t even need to write rules but I’m positive that would sell like hot cakes. I’m totally emailing GW today!

Beautiful stuff Dusk, gotta ask, how did you paint that red? Asking as I’ll have to incorporate that in my 1st legion.

I’ve had no luck searching for any forumware stuff, I think it’s a secret council of 8 dudes and you have to kill one of them to join the club! :P

Any plans to paint a Nemesis?

Wow, long time no see man. 

The red was pretty simple. It's  as foilows:

1) Base coat of Khorne Red

2) Washed with undiluted Carroburg Crimson

3) Drybrush of Evil Sunz Scarlet (or swirly motion thing I do for my sunburst look)

4) wash of diluted Reikland Fleshshade

Some of them I didn't even do the last step... mainly because I forgot, lol. Funny you mention Nemesis, I have two I've sub-assembled and are currently awaiting a nice day to prime. Same with all this terrain which... I've finally finished. 

Wow, long time no see man.

The red was pretty simple. It's as foilows:

1) Base coat of Khorne Red

2) Washed with undiluted Carroburg Crimson

3) Drybrush of Evil Sunz Scarlet (or swirly motion thing I do for my sunburst look)

4) wash of diluted Reikland Fleshshade

Some of them I didn't even do the last step... mainly because I forgot, lol. Funny you mention Nemesis, I have two I've sub-assembled and are currently awaiting a nice day to prime. Same with all this terrain which... I've finally finished.

Ah I’m surprised people noticed me missing :P

I lurk from time to time and still talk to what I think we could call first wavers in 30k. Been busy with a new job (yay) but I plan my glorious return with some Legio Fureans and Dark Angels...whenever FW decides to release them lol

I don’t want to hijack the thread but there’s a strong Heresy/AT presence where I moved out to and I’ve had a few matches I’ve been too lazy to post.

Thanks for the recipe man. I wimped out and I’m getting a commission for my Fureans because I dread painting those flames. But I’ve got two nemesis in my list because they’re so darn cool.

Hey man, I still remember the days of Heresy 30K :P

Unfortunately for me, 30K has all but dried up in my area. As it is, it's hard to get anyone to actually be motivated enough to play Titanicus or even just 40K / Kill Team.

Aw man, you should have just done it yourself. They make flame stencils so you don't have to try and free hand it.

I am officially starting to build the bases for my two Warbringers. I also went ahead and ordered another Reaver and a loose unbuilt Acastus... the Reaver because I have both types lying around sans legs from creating my four-armed Knights for 40K and I'd like to make another RIP AND TEAR Reaver, and the Acastus to round them out to 3 (4+ would be too much IMO).

That also brings me to a question for you guys... would you like to see Mortarion on one of the bases? If so, which one? One of the Warbringers to show him just entering the battlefield (as they're a backline unit), with the Reaver to show him in the thick of it, or with the Acastus to show his "possession" of the House? Or should I save him for something else entirely?

I'm tempted to wait and see if a cool Strategem comes out that he could represent, but I also think it would be kinda cool to just see him on some random base. If I were looking to give him more prominence, he would have been on my Princeps Sacrosanctus base (which I didn't actually have him at that time), but that would also be expected... much like Typhon is on a random Acastus base.

So let me know which base or if I should just hold off entirely.

I am officially starting to build the bases for my two Warbringers. I also went ahead and ordered another Reaver and a loose unbuilt Acastus... the Reaver because I have both types lying around sans legs from creating my four-armed Knights for 40K and I'd like to make another RIP AND TEAR Reaver, and the Acastus to round them out to 3 (4+ would be too much IMO).

That also brings me to a question for you guys... would you like to see Mortarion on one of the bases? If so, which one? One of the Warbringers to show him just entering the battlefield (as they're a backline unit), with the Reaver to show him in the thick of it, or with the Acastus to show his "possession" of the House? Or should I save him for something else entirely?

I'm tempted to wait and see if a cool Strategem comes out that he could represent, but I also think it would be kinda cool to just see him on some random base. If I were looking to give him more prominence, he would have been on my Princeps Sacrosanctus base (which I didn't actually have him at that time), but that would also be expected... much like Typhon is on a random Acastus base.

So let me know which base or if I should just hold off entirely.

I like Rhinos on bases and some infantry around the feet, I have to imagine a primarch would be cool. I saw a tiny Perturabo that looks cool, a tiny Mortarion would be neat too.  

@Myrmidon: thanks man! Still unsure if I'll expand anymore, though...

@FF: yeah, I think I might do it on the Reaver base. I was also contemplating giving him and his Deathshroud retinue a 40mm base just in case he would work for a Strat in the future.

The Storm Eagle is a Forumware kit. I found it on eBay a long time ago and haven't seen one since, unfortunately.

Honestly, Xiphons or even the Imperialis Aeronautica models would probably be a better mod for the Strategem (and it just so happens that there's a crashed Xiphon on the FW board), but u hate the Xiphon design, there was no IA at that time, and I really like the Storm Eagle design.

As for Mortarion & Co... if he is on a Titan's base yeah, he would be off to one side. I am still considering his own base though, much like the Strats.

Edited by DuskRaider

Here you go

91YwRFA.jpg

Q05u250.jpg

XzrDxds.jpg

I mean... they're close in size as you can see but the proportions are completely off. I don't have a Helbrute easily accessible if that's what you were thinking as well. Not really sure much is compatible between the two.