Reinhards Primaris Crusade

I'd say the kit is pretty awesome.

You get 5 bodies and pretty much complete freedom in how to arm them within the classical "tactical terminator" framework. It's very clear that kit was designed so you could make a standard base squad with 4 squaddies +sergeant, but also let you turn the sergeant into another squaddie if you double up the kit for 10. To that end you have 5 clean terminator helmets, as well as one with a targeter and skull icon, (which is in addition to the targeter one meant for a heavy weapon termie), then you have 5 bare heads. 5 pairs of bare shoulder pads + sergeant variant, 5 pairs of shins + sergeant variant, 6-7 different front breastplate (Which perhaps are a bit samey except for the one two variants meant for the sergeant), 6 powerfists that can all be turned into chainfists as well as one cyclone targeter style fist +sergeant power sword. 5 storm bolters as well as assault cannon and heavy flamer. Cyclone that is built from several bits, and can then be placed on potentially any terminator.

Decorations wise its perhaps the slimmest section.. but you have your typical hanging crux terminatuses, some with flappy bits, as well as standard purity seals. 4 tilt shields. No top icons or anything like that. Feel like armament customization was prioritized over bling. What is there is nice though. So very crisp compared to the older cruxes.

Thanks for the comprehensive review. The contents of the kit seem to be even better than the old kit, variety-wise. Not to mention the modern quality.

I probably eventually won't get the kit, but at least I'll have the push-fit ones from Leviathan, thanks to the courtesy of this forum and brother Triszin.

On 1/17/2024 at 2:30 PM, Marshal Reinhard said:

It's taken quite a while, but the terminator squad is now complete (baring some minor minor details.. like the bases on the non leviathan batch)

DSC04240.thumb.JPG.5144eb8513783be045513ec2a4f89601.JPG

Honestly making me annoyed I went into doing the effort of super customizing mine with bits. These look so good and clean.

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Scout kit's out. That finally means pose variety for my neophytes. As you may recall I had re-used the two provided in Primaris crusade squad some six times each, which was starting to stretch feasability of the mileage you could conceivable get out of two poses. I can now mix them with another 5 to make truly varied neophytes.

Here's my shooty and stabby neo's, with another 5 stabby neo's forthcoming:

DSC04282.thumb.JPG.786e087ffd9d9bf7cf1e1411f11b3131.JPGDSC04285.thumb.JPG.df71860c94c20053f669ba2b56ead005.JPG

Couldn't resist making two mockup shots with Crusaders to see what the finished product will look like. Once the neophytes are all done I'm gonna take my time getting all 4 planned squads photo'd better. Here a lot of heads and such are blocked.

DSC04290.thumb.JPG.a70a44331a8869d1d94f616bcb9c1ed6.JPGDSC04286.thumb.JPG.a836258a6aa337928f7e11f4cfb38a84.JPG

Crusade's finally starting to feel like an organized force rather than a huge mass of bodies.

Edited by Marshal Reinhard