Reinhards Primaris Crusade

Your chest eagles might benefit from a soft wash of agrax/Seraphim and then a light drybrush of white.

The flesh head looks very good. Also the energy effect in the sword is really nicely done. He looks way better without the cowl. Good call on removing it.

• 1 month later...

Figured I could do a small update, as I was looking though I realized i hadn't updated in a while so it might be a fairly sizeable update. A lot of my already shown models have gotten a facelift. But rather than showing miniatures I've already had updates for, I just updated the images first post of this topic. That post should have everything that isn't a new WP. At any rate the additions:

Some infiltrators from Shadowspear.

gallery_65134_15160_663576.jpg

Plan is to use them for kill team. Paintjobs rather feels pretty sloppy still, so WIP-alert. Also base are really dull.

Painted the Marshal too from the box since he has a beard:

gallery_65134_15160_602654.jpg

I decided my Castellans needed work, so besides adding new one, converted from Calsius after being inspired by far better converters than myself, I also gave the others a face lift (pictures in the first post):

gallery_65134_15160_206762.jpg

Decided I didn't like the look of the assault bolters on the inceptors from Dark Imperium so I converted them into the spare Plasma Exterminators I had from my regular Inceptor kit:

gallery_65134_15160_562092.jpg

I added another Repulsor... Though I've swapped the turrets between the two so here's both of them again:

gallery_65134_15160_707487.jpg

gallery_65134_15160_324746.jpg

Currently working on these fellas:

gallery_65134_15160_492064.jpg

And some more intercessors (the pictures in the first post of the topic should have all the painted ones now)

Thanks for looking.

Truth to be told, Í have yet to ever touch an airbrush, though as a friend of mine recently acquired one, I've toyed with the idea of using it for a future project.

I suppose if I were to say what style I paint them in, I'd say it's me trying my damndest to emulate the 'eavy metal style, knowing full well I don't have the means (eyesight, control, cooardination etc) to reproduce it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've more or less completed the contents of Shadowspear. Immensely fun models to paint. The witch is absent since I didn't get him, despite having seen some pretty skilled efforts in coverting him to something worthy here.

Marshals been shown before, Castellan model works a lot better when you give him a less busy head i feel.

med_gallery_65134_15160_181543.jpg

Infiltrators led by a bloke with a face only a Primarch could love. If anyone's got tips for painting scar tissue I'm all ears.

gallery_65134_15160_83704.jpg

Bet a lot fraters here are rolling their eyes seeing these guys...

gallery_65134_15160_227605.jpg

And finally these three who just wouldn't play nice during photography:

gallery_65134_15160_241834.jpg

EDIT: notice I didn't quite finish some of the bases. Always something. *mutters & grumbling*

Edited by Reinhard

You mean why aren't they white? Well if you look at the left pauldron, their corners are rounded allowing you to see that the same kind of smaller pauldron is underneath. Surely the underpauldron isn't white, so the right pauldron should match. As for why they aren't adorned, well, didn't feel right to add the battle line arrow icon. Not sure I got enough white crosses of the right size.

• 4 weeks later...

In anticipation of ETL I've finished up anything and everrything that were too far gone to be valid entries into it.

Some ETB Agressors:

gallery_65134_15160_175658.jpg

And the last of my intercessors (images in the first post)

All intercessor'd out now. But I notice some sloppy details here and there, I'll get around to them. Eventually.

Edited by Reinhard

Absolutely. I got 2 pens that write with Pigment, one at .1 and one at .3mm. They are incredibly useful in finishing minis with writing and stuff like that.

You could even do irises in eyes with the finer one if you paint eyes.

Still got some old squads where I need to do that as well.

Edited by Marshal Vespasian