Reinhards Primaris Crusade

Beautiful conversion and paintjob - can't wait to see him finished. Particularly impressed by the freehand cross on the long purity seal, and I like how even his plasma pistol is bigger. In a world where both exist, I can imagine Firstborn Grimaldus asking Primaris Grimaldus "compensating for something are we?". :teehee:

Might've just stolen my own thunder with the previous post, as he's done now, and there might just not be too many noticeable differences since last time.

Easiest to spot among them is probably the skull on the base, which just had to be of an ork. Other than that, mostly details on the back, and highlight cleanup in general. Heck even spotted a few taking these photos.

Beautiful conversion and paintjob - can't wait to see him finished. Particularly impressed by the freehand cross on the long purity seal,

Ah, its actually a transfer. :sweat: Have put a bit of red paint on it now so that i'll match the "text" scribbles better in tone.

gallery_65134_15160_196907.jpg

Also had to take a duo shot of him together with the Emperor's champion (whose helmet needs a lot of attention i realize, dangit)

gallery_65134_15160_917893.jpg

Next is a second Impulsor that I have kept putting off, then we might just be getting around to Indomitus after that.

Edited by Reinhard

Oops! Well, you've skillfully made it appear to be freehand then!

The EC looks like he means business, the bulkier Armour of Faith perhaps revealing something about the Crusade's disposition. The war has been long and hard and they've had to be more ruthless and pragmatic even with their holiest warrior.

• 2 weeks later...

Very happy to be working on proper close combat troops again. First intercessor of the Indomitus box is... well he's 90% done. Fair bit of cleanup needed here and there, and maybe a transfer or two.

gallery_65134_15160_509329.jpg

Like with the Dark Imperium, I cut out and replaced both shoulder pads, replacing the large one with a Templar brethren one from forgeworld.

Edited by Reinhard

A fair bit more polished now... except i keep spotting things to fix. Heck the camera helps me to spot things to fix.

Still, I'd never get to upload anything if I stopped every timed I noticied something to fix.

med_gallery_65134_15160_32267.jpg

Anyway. I wanted to paint the judicar and chaplain next and... I'm at a loss on what to do with the Judicars head as I'm not too fond of his standard one. On the one hand i have this spare standard chaplain head, that could work. I also have some spare deathwing knight heads, that work pretty well due to their hoods, given that he'll be part of the coat squad.

med_gallery_65134_15160_151319.jpg

I just have a hard time deciding if I want to go with either head, or something else entirely. If I don't go with the left option, I can potentially use that head on the chaplain, even though I quite like his head (it just isn't a skull helm).

Let's play spot the differences between the two pics! I've noticed three so far, but I'll just say one. Let's see how keen eyed our brethren are!

The script on the crusader* seal by the shoulder guard.

Let's play spot the differences between the two pics! I've noticed three so far, but I'll just say one. Let's see how keen eyed our brethren are!

The script on the crusader* seal by the shoulder guard.

I'l add the script on the purity and/ or crusader seals on the relic shield. Nice game of catch, kind of :biggrin.:

Concerning the Judiciar, i like the hood a lot, i guess it'd need a huge cross though, to not be confused with the first. Besides, i'm usually going with the old trope of chaplains never showing their face to any but the most high ranking brethren. Their helmet is adorned with HIS face after all. So maybe the skull helm is the better choice after all.

Edited by Marshal Wolfhart

Well I decided where I would use the left option head,so here's a WIP of the Indomitus Chaplain:

med_gallery_65134_15160_8839.jpg

This bad boy I feel makes the fugly-ness of this particular chaplain head work straight off the bat.I'd originally used it on another chaplain I converted but swapped it out later, as it wasn't clicking with me... I do like the original head he came with, but that likely just means I'll find a use for it somewhere else, later.

Are you good enough with Green Stuff to put a hood on the skull?

Sadly, no. And its in use now anyway

I think I prefer the hood - given they're not full blown Chaplains yet, I like the idea of them looking menacing, but not having a skull helm.

This works for me as well lorewise, but at the same time the original head of Judicar is clearly a skull helm with a veil, and I'd like to not reduce the number of skull helms in my Reclusiam, so I'm likely just going to go with a different option entirely...

But that'll be later, so shelving the Judicar for now while I work on other pieces from the Indomitus box. Like finishing this guy

I think I prefer the hood - given they're not full blown Chaplains yet, I like the idea of them looking menacing, but not having a skull helm.

But that'll be later, so shelving the Judicar for now while I work on other pieces from the Indomitus box. Like finishing this guy

Possible idea - Reiver skull mask lower face, bare rest of head? Clearly different from the rest of the Reclusiam as they're not a full-blown Chaplain yet, maintains the masked aesthetic of the original model, and doesn't reduce the number of skull helms.

I don't recall ever seeing any Reivers in this thread, so let me know if you need me to send you one.

99120101186_SpaceMarineRievers03.jpg

Possible idea - Reiver skull mask lower face, bare rest of head? Clearly different from the rest of the Reclusiam as they're not a full-blown Chaplain yet, maintains the masked aesthetic of the original model, and doesn't reduce the number of skull helms.

I don't recall ever seeing any Reivers in this thread, so let me know if you need me to send you one.

*snip*

That's also an interesting idea... and thanks for the offer! I'll let you know if I want to take you up on that, for now I will mull the ideas and options over as I work on the rest of the models

Edited by Reinhard