Utterly incredible, the modelling, the concept work, everything.Your work on simplifying and establishing the silhouette of the legion emblem in particular is excellent, though I feel that the wings could perhaps do with a very narrow outline to ensure they 'pop' from the red background.

Edited by Sandlemad

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Damn warpstorms... It seems I have been lost for quite some time, but I lost the mojo for the project, up until the new decal sheet got released,and immediately sold out before I could get one. I was hesitant if I liked it, and the two days it took me to decide I should probably get one just in case, ended in me not getting one... So I decided to draw the new logo myself as a vector, while searching for a second hand decal sheet. I had just about given up and then out of the blue I was offered one and I must say that really reignited the reactors for me. 

So, here I am, back at it and I have a few updates, because even though I had burned out a bit, occasionally small progress happened :biggrin.: 

First off, that vector logo I did, some progress of the tracing and the finished one. It was a great exercise in using colour with vectors.

qsnE2jq.jpg

lsFBmzU.jpg

LR7Sbtw.jpg

And the final one next to the official promo picture from the GW website (on the right)

UF8iuDe.jpg

The reaver had some more work done to it as well, hex pattern on some of the red armour plates, and also the min carapace. This has been done with a custom stencil I have designed and lasercut. The knee logo is done with a custom vinyl stencil I drew and cut at work, where I also cut the hex stencil for the yellow black hex pattern.

He also got a base.

tlJf76E.jpg

CvXu5gC.jpg

The warlord also had a makeover, or it just got a new pair of legs (I have a few unbuild ones :whistling: ) I went to town on the hex pattern and curvy stripes on this one, and also applied my first decal, and man I am in love!! :wub:

sgLO2Vv.jpg

oF4V1tk.jpg

That is it for now, i will update again soon, and this time I promise I actually will :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

tlJf76E.jpg

I don't care about what GW has in mind in further releases regarding Legio Ignatum. THIS is the official heraldry and art for the Fire Wasps on my mind from now on. My congratulations for hiving such a distinct and idiosyncratic colour scheme for this legendary legion. There are a lot of Loyalist legions baed on red (Ignatum, Invicta, Honorum, Metallica), but you really have set Ignatum appart from the rest. Amazing job.

Edited by Myrmidon

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you all for your replies, I am really glad yo all like my work!

So a lot have happened since the last update, and here is a taste of it:

First off I started designing banners, and have testprinted some of them on decal paper already:

E0ZjSCT.jpg

EZkYFUp.jpg

Also working on decals for 28mm versions, mostly for fun atm as I don't have any engines that scale.

XviwgLf.jpg

The decal paper is a bit weird and I have ordered some from a new supplier. as soon as it arrives I will do more testprints.

I also did some stencils for hexagon stripes matching the ones on the ignatum decal sheet, as they look awesome. If anyone is interested in some just PM me.

gQY1yYM.jpg

saymFU0.jpg

zObXgKz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/kbrpKvY.jpg

loHKIGW.jpg

I also bought a Warbringer and did some crew for it:

7HxfjGA.jpg

8DL4ujA.jpg

9N9qn6F.jpg

But that is not all, something even cooler happened!! I had my first game, and man I am hooked! I am not particularly good, but I am having fun and are currently 4 games in.

wdfNXNR.jpg

NGROQqa.jpg

KxGedEJ.jpg

A6isz1C.jpg

Very cool stuff. Probably the best use of stencils that I've seen. 

I don't know if this will be helpful but the Tau stuff for AI has some hexagonal transfers. It's not in huge amounts and it's a lot of individual hexes rather than a hex grid. They come in black and white. 

Thanks a lot guys, I really need to update more often :wub:

That crew is amazing.

Did you 3D print some bodies and then equip them with foil, brass, and putty?

Thanks, and no 3Dprinter was involved, they are basedon 1/200 scale figures of civilians used by architects.

Very cool stuff. Probably the best use of stencils that I've seen. 

I don't know if this will be helpful but the Tau stuff for AI has some hexagonal transfers. It's not in huge amounts and it's a lot of individual hexes rather than a hex grid. They come in black and white. 

Thanks! I just gave thedecals a look, and they are pretty cool :yes:

Awesome work. Those titans are amazing.

Your stencils made me do somd research onto whether I can mod my 3d printer into a cutter. Just don't know if I can be bothered putting thd effort into it yet lol.

Thanks man.

Do yourself a favour and look into a desktop plotter, they are really great and not that expensive anymore :biggrin.: