Index Imperialis: Assassins in March

I'm curious whether there will be rules to represent other assassin temples. IIRC there is temple of techno savants that hack into enemy computer systems, shutting down life support systems on ships, blocking off escape routes so other assassins can go about their gruesome art and the such. Could be represented by some sort of stratagem.

Edit: they are the Vanus temple, and there is also the Venenum temple which specializes in making toxins to poison their targets, the latter of which would probably would be even easier to represent using a strat. Both of these non combat temples would be cool to see, even if its only in the fluff part of the article.

Looking forward to this index imperialis as I bought the board game when it came out, which one day I'll have a go at playing, but in the meantime they'll make good additions to either my BA or DA.

I'm curious whether there will be rules to represent other assassin temples. IIRC there is temple of techno savants that hack into enemy computer systems, shutting down life support systems on ships, blocking off escape routes so other assassins can go about their gruesome art and the such. Could be represented by some sort of stratagem.

Edit: they are the Vanus temple, and there is also the Venenum temple which specializes in making toxins to poison their targets, the latter of which would probably would be even easier to represent using a strat. Both of these non combat temples would be cool to see, even if its only in the fluff part of the article.

Looking forward to this index imperialis as I bought the board game when it came out, which one day I'll have a go at playing, but in the meantime they'll make good additions to either my BA or DA.

Vanus and Venenum could make for some very nifty stratagems... That seems better to reflect what they do better than models on the table.

Imagine a 3cp Stratagem that "locks" a vehicle for a turn for Vanus. Or for Venenum to impact the stats of the enemy Warlord for a turn.

Rik

Interesting point - if you got the subscriber cover like me then the back cover is also missing text - i had no idea that this was what it was about, and just thought 'oh, random pic of Ahriman and some assassins on the back'!

free mini codex though - sweet.

Interesting point - if you got the subscriber cover like me then the back cover is also missing text - i had no idea that this was what it was about, and just thought 'oh, random pic of Ahriman and some assassins on the back'!

free mini codex though - sweet.

I had that problem! Unintended consequence I imagine.

I’m thinking it’s going to be an article inside the White Dwarf like Index Astartes. Which I’m a little sad about, as an actual freebie booklet would be cool, like they did in 3rd ed. But also could just mean it’s essentially “beta/interim rules” before they are put into a new codex to give some better rules before hand. As I still think we will get an Imperial Agents/Inquisition, Ynnari, and Renegade Knights codexes in addition to the Sisters Codex. As those three I believe the only ones that don’t have a announcer Codex (not counting GC as theirs is dropping like waht less than a week?,) yet out of the Index books.

Am I the only one that seriously feels like they could do both clan vanus and clan venenum right? Seriously think about it:

The vanus assassin relies on information, technology, and hacking right? They should have a long range to appropriately show that their reach is far and wide; maybe 48 inches. They should be able to use ally and enemy vehicles to for line of sight purposes (as if they're looking the auspexes and augers of the vehicles to spot their prey). They would be able to take control of one vehicle once per turn and if it's an enemy vehicle, after taking control of it roll a d6; on a roll of 6 they shut that vehicle down for good measure (it can't do any actions for the rest of the turn).

Venenum would be fairly simple. They'd have a base stateliness on par with any other assassin, with varying degrees of toxicity, and when they do their deep strike, they get to set up poisonous bombs on the map (each with varying degrees of lethality (some would be better at killing characters than they would be for killing infantry for example) and you don't have to reveal which bomb is a decoy and which is real until someone steps on it).

• 2 weeks later...

Am I to understand that using the Operative Requisition Sanctioned strat, that I can include an assassin in my army without using a detachment?

Furthermore, in the Execution Force rule, can I take an assassin in any Imperium Vanguard detachment? The only stipulation being you don't get the CP.

Am I reading these things right?

Massive improvements. Datasheets better, great strats, the deployment Strat is awesome too.

My Assasins shall be included once again!

Heck, Eversor could easily put out 20 attacks a turn now.

Am I to understand that using the Operative Requisition Sanctioned strat, that I can include an assassin in my army without using a detachment?

Furthermore, in the Execution Force rule, can I take an assassin in any Imperium Vanguard detachment? The only stipulation being you don't get the CP.

It looks like Execution Force allows you to take a Vanguard detachment with assassins without the required HQ, so unchanged from the FAQ version.

The Requisition Approved strat looks like you can tack on a detachment-less assassin to your army. Pretty awesome if you bring one of each model along and pick which one to use based on opponent.

It looks like Execution Force allows you to take a Vanguard detachment with assassins without the required HQ, so unchanged from the FAQ version.

The Requisition Approved strat looks like you can tack on a detachment-less assassin to your army. Pretty awesome if you bring one of each model along and pick which one to use based on opponent.

You can do that?! Just set aside 85 req points, then choose which to pop out based on opposition?

That is cool.

I'll never understand the jealousy some chaos players have of the imperium stuff. I'm actually very happy that the two factions go into different directions finally. :huh:

Looking forward to the assassin rules since I own a couple of them. The Requisition Approved will very likely be used to pop out a Vindicare or Eversor for me every now and then.

Re: Chaos assassins - honestly, I'd really rather Chaos get their own type of unit to mimic assassin functionality, similar to the demonic entity that was on the assassination mission during the HH (Spear). They don't have to be converted Imperial assassins either, just entities that operate like them, whether Marked or not. Seems like something exceptionally cool a rather creative staffer at GW could play with to see what comes of it.

Oooooooh, could you have Kill Team: Assassin - one assassin against an opponent's kill team? :devil:

I'll never understand the jealousy some chaos players have of the imperium stuff. I'm actually very happy that the two factions go into different directions finally. :huh.:

I think it's more the sheer amount of content Imperials get compared to the supposedly diverse Chaos (Space Marines). That's not even mentioning poor ol' Xenos.

Archived