Index Imperialis: Assassins in March

Is there a release date for this WD. Been looking for an excuse to get some Assassins. What are the chances we get updated models for a possible kill team expansion? Wonder if I should wait.

My GW manager said should be next Friday since it's March 1st.  I wouldn't expect new models for them though since they were updated in the Execution Force box set not too long ago.  I would love missions for KT similar to the solo operative scenarios from Shadow War, I had a lot of fun with the Vindicare one.

Is there a release date for this WD. Been looking for an excuse to get some Assassins. What are the chances we get updated models for a possible kill team expansion? Wonder if I should wait.

There is a veeery low chance of us getting new assassin models considering that the current plastic assassin's are still fairly new. The box set they were originally released in came out in 2015.

• 2 weeks later...

Got a 1500 casual game against Tau, using the a Vindicare assassin and got the back end of his performance straight in the face. He didn't manage to kill anything, I lost 2CP trying (without effect) to re-roll his hit rolls as 1's favoured me. He did scared off a riptide whom I attempted to hit it with Blind Grenades (I rolled 1 for number of grenades and 1 for hit...).
BUT his presence did make my opponents warlord (Cadre Fireblade) skulk behind cover for the whole game and be generally useless until my scout bikers rode him off the board. Additionally he tanked a round of shooting from a Stealth suit team.

Finally got my copy and gave the assassins a read, looking forward to trying them out. I'm not expecting great things but I reckon with some good targets and stratagem use they have potential. As Majkhel demonstrates it's not all about killing models (though that's still great); if your assassin can influence the game enough in your favour for a win that's all you need :)

Previously such things have been done after the WD, but I'm not sure if that means it'll still be the case here. I don't think there's enough content to warrant anything else however so I'd expect a PDF of the rules, the question may be how long you need to wait.

Aye, the most I'd expect is a compilation book of WD rules in a year or two.

Or they'll be rolled into the next Chapter Approved...!

In reality it's only 6 articles a year, as it alternates between 40k & AoS, that's not to say they don't have other games taking up slots too.

CA2019 sounds like a good bet espically as 2018 had sisters 'beta' & a reprint of the Renegade Knights.... So we could get (basesless speculation here)... a reprint of Codex Assassins & a renegade & Heretics guard codex list

CA2019 sounds like a good bet espically as 2018 had sisters 'beta' & a reprint of the Renegade Knights.... So we could get (basesless speculation here)... a reprint of Codex Assassins & a renegade & Heretics guard codex list

That sounds like a not-so-near-future unfortunately. First the codexes should drop, be played and then feedback gathered into CA.

• 3 weeks later...

Question, how's does headshot interact with things like FNP and or the ability to pass wounds taken off on to bodyguard models,

example: I wound a necron character, do I then get to roll the headshot rolls and once that is finished he attempts to pass them off to his lychguard?

Similar with fnp, once I roll the damage roll, do I go straight into the headshot or does FNP kick in first potentially stopping any damage being taken and denying headshot.

My thoughts were that these abilities tend to activate when the model loses a wound, and headshot also does this, so as the player who's turn it is I would decide the order.

Would like to hear others take on it.

Thanks

Question, how's does headshot interact with things like FNP and or the ability to pass wounds taken off on to bodyguard models,

Interesting. As written, you would do the 3+/4+/5+/6+ rolls, and then let the opponent do their FNP/Bodyguard rules.

Psychic Maelstrom is a similar ability, although this specifically deals with this case, and it stops the whole process if one wound is negated. Headshot (currently) does not have that.

1547265619429.jpg

Archived