Homebrew Legio Arcana

Greetings, I have decided to start a thread for my homebrew Titan Legion, the Legio Arcana.

not only will I be posting pictures of my Titans and Knights(speaking of which, sense B&C's picture hosting policy says it disallows uploading pictures that aren't "power armor related", what's a recommended place to upload my pictures to so I can post them here?), but also and more importantly discussing and asking for feed back on my homebrewed lore/fluff for the Legion itself.

So let me begin my basic outline for the Legion:

------

Like many worlds during the Age Of Strife the homeworld of the Legio Arcana fell into civil war and anarchy, and as a result much of said world is now coated in a vile mixture of the biological, chemical, and radioactive waste products of long forgotten weapons of the Dark Age of Technology; however the great mobile weapons platforms that fought and survived those wars have taken on a life if their own, becoming akin to independent(or interdependent in the case of the smaller ones) nomadic city-states; while some permanent settlements do exists, most are insignificant in long distance political or economic matters without backing or co-operation from one or more of the marching cities.

while conflict between them did still occur, it was mostly ceremonial; continuations of old rivalries used to justify conflicts to barter minor shifts in power dynamics and the like, none daring to risk damages with lengthy repair times let alone true losses, even to one's enemy sense that would unify all their foes against them as a dangerous threat.

when the Great Crusade arrived many quickly swore allegiance to the Imperium in order to gain the assistance of the Cult Machanicum in the maintenance of their Engines, though some needed to be subjugated buy force, or through more favorable deals being negotiated...

in the end, the Legio Arcana was formed from these Titans.

------

the name "Arcana" is derived from the Major Arcana of the Tarot deck, which I planned to theme each of my Titans around, originally thinking that there'd only be 21 Titans in the whole Legion... but then I decided that that was a dumb idea, sense the theming made it feel wrong to make any of the Major Arcana be Warhounds other then "The Fool" and Reavers and Warlords didn't provide enough variety, and so have started thinking that the Major Arcana are particularly influential Titans, or at least were during the roaming city-state period of their history prior to being incorporated into the Imperium, or a reward to the ones who joined the Imperium willingly(though that wouldn't fit with the backstory I wanted for a particular Subfaction of them)... and now I'm thinking about them being specific Maniples, at least in some cases.

So in terms of what I want to do for this Legion when it comes to their models;

sense I plan to buy at least one of every model GW releases for AT, so I need to find room in the Legion for them, thus the easy excuse for subfactions in their backstory to justify traitorous elements that will be remade again as Daemon Titans versions later... however the knowledge that there will be new Titan classes has made me hesitant to invest into more titans, just in case one of these new ones in a better fit for one of the Tarot cards' themes then the current selection.

their backstory makes me think that this legion should be focused on energy and melee weapons, with missile and/or shell based weapons being a rarity only afforded to them after joining the Imperium.

however, as of now here are my current plans:

already bought Titans:

the "Chariot" is a Warlord, though I will need to snap his head off and replace it with a Mars Beta head from the plasma sprue once I get that kit.

the "Lovers" is a Reaver Titans and its Venerator Maniple Warhounds, though now that Titan Death is out I'm thinking that they might also be used as a Janissary Maniple with a second Reaver

The "High Priestess" is a Reaver.

"the Fool" will be a Warhound… though I'm not sure if I'll actually go through with that decision, either way sense the Warhound kit doesn't provide enough bits to make 2 warhounds with "chaos" styled spikey trim while also not having the Eye of Horus on them, I'm going to have a few spare "loyalist" Warhounds after filling out the Lovers's Maniple regardless of what I want to do with them.

Things I'm sure of:

The Hierophant will be a Warlord Titan, to fit theming with the High Prestess

The Magician will be a Psi-Titan; sure I know that lore-wise there are none outside the Legio Sinister, but like I said above, I want to have one of each model, even if I can't use it as one outside open play. my "lore" for this is that they aren't the psi-weapons used by canonical psi-titans, but instead just large groups of psykers working together to create effects similar to them... or something, still not sure about it, just know I want the model once it's out.

the Emperor and Empress are Imperator Titans, even if that means I'll never build them from official kits... or maybe Empress will be scratch-built at some point and the Emperor can wait for when/if-ever an official kit happens.

and now the things I'm less sure of, and thus want the most feed back on, though admittedly these are mostly due to the uncertainty of exactly what the yet unknown new Titan classes will be, but none the less, any input will be appreciated:

I know I want "Justice", "Judgement", and "The Hanged Man" will be the minimal elements of a Maniple together… I just have no clue which maniple that should be, let alone which titans within that Maniple they should each be. Same goes for the Sun, Moon, and Star(and possibly The World? but that would leave an odd space out for the 5th spot in whatever Maniple they're using)

If the rumor that there will be a class taller then a Warlord, but not an Imperator, then this class will be "The Tower"... unless they're some sort of support type, rather then direct firepower based.

depending on what options they get in both terms of weapons and maniple origination, "the devil" will either be a Reaver, or a Warbringer Nemesis.

if the rumor that there will be a "siege"/melee focused Warlord/Warlord-like unit in the future, with special rules and maybe even a specific model, this will be used for "Strength", especially if one of the melee options is a Boarding Claw like I've heard used to be a thing in old Titanicus fluff/rules.

Part of me wants "Wheel of Fortune" to be an enormous Ordinatus Weapon rather then a Titan, just for the sake of the pun... at the vary least it deserves to be an min-maxed piece of overpowered power-gamer bull:cuss to be worthy of the name.

Greetings, I have decided to start a thread for my homebrew Titan Legion, the Legio Arcana.

not only will I be posting pictures of my Titans and Knights(speaking of which, sense B&C's picture hosting policy says it disallows uploading pictures that aren't "power armor related", what's a recommended place to upload my pictures to so I can post them here?)...

[snip]

To the best of my knowledge, the policy is a little out of date - we allow almost any 40k/Horus Heresy image to be uploaded to the galleries. Pictures of your titans should be fine.

To the best of my knowledge, the policy is a little out of date - we allow almost any 40k/Horus Heresy image to be uploaded to the galleries. Pictures of your titans should be fine.

oh, thanks.

sadly at the moment my hobby stuff is in a different state then me due to family related shenanigans, so I'm stuff using old pictures I took months ago, and now in hindsight realize I'm missing angles or subesembolies that I'd want to show off.

Warlord Titan, name undecided, themed after the Chariot Tarot card

DSC00442

DSC00443

DSC00444

DSC00445

DSC00449

DSC00439

the light grey and beige are the Legio colors, while the Black and White are personal heraldry(or unit heraldry if I decide that the Tarot theming will apply to whole Maniples rather then single Titans)

and pics of the Reavers, oddly, when I tried to upload an upclose picture of the base I got an alert saying the file was too big, even though that picture was taken with the same camera as all the other pictures I've uploaded.

DSC00474

DSC00473

DSC00472

DSC00475

DSC00481

DSC00480

Looking pretty good (despite the pictures being blurry). Nice scheme on the Warlord, the small details are a nice touch. I also like the base of the Reaver, good use of the Chaos Terminator Lord star.

Regarding picture size, you can reduce it in photosphop or paint (and worst case scenario the screen capture tool could work as well).

Eager to see more.

Archived