Gederas' Heresy Shenanigans

Gederas

Hello! How are you all doing? I just thought that I shouldn't ignore the Age of Darkness forums with my Dark Angels project.

Essentially, I'm in the process of rebooting my Dark Angels to be a 30k/40k Crossover force. Mostly this means discussing with the owner of my FLGS today if he can Ebay list some of the [FAR TOO MANY] Dark Vengeance marines, as well as a bunch of generic Terminators I have so I can get money to get more proper kits.

And here's the first of my First. I suppose he'll be a Sergeant for a Legion Support Squad with plasma guns?
mc0dJNj.jpg

GGJHAFW.jpg

aveigII.jpg

nAiBNd3.jpg

CQiueJS.jpg

I currently have, for 30k models:

- All of Betrayal at Calth, sans the Contemptor (the Cataphractii have been made with dual Lightning Claws)
- A squad of Burning of Prospero Tartaros Terminators

- 10 Mark III marines

I'll be working on those guys next. The above model was one of the ones I got in a "surprise!" model drop from a friend (long story that :laugh.:)

Edited by Gederas

And this is where I start, some Mark III armoured Marines (assortment of a Tactical Squad, Veteran Sergeant and a Special/Heavy weapon trooper).

vNS5KOT.jpg

jATqHS6.jpg

DhLT7go.jpg

53mfmCl.jpg

WXWGo5p.jpg

znR2fss.jpg

These were a recovery operation from a friend of mine. As he originally made them Heresy-Era Death Guard (hence the battle-damage), which he planned to use as Plague Marines in 40k. The Sergeant was the one that required the most work, as somehow the neck was completely filled in, so I used a spare of the Betrayal at Calth Cataphractii Praetor's head on him :laugh.: Also added one of the Ravenwing pistols, because I thought it looked good.

Now, I need to wait for the Forge World Mark III Dark Angels pads to come back in stock to fully finish these guys. But, I'll be able to finish the rest of them without the shoulders at least.

Edited by Gederas

• 2 months later...

Not exactly DARK Angels, but it's an Angel and 30k related. Plus, I think Dark Angels and Blood Angels are still able to be bros in 30k, right?

I started painting Sanguinius. I've finished his face and wings, and got his body base coated, shaded and first highlight done.

Face:
W1CMSTm.jpg

HMKlwIR.jpg

hHq2tIf.jpg

Wings:

5Vj1Dct.jpg

4KMzF3c.jpg

And this is what his body looked like before I shaded. Good lord that's shiny

JGQFUXw.jpg

And here's where I finished at today, and you can see the finished-ish base, as I'm going for a dark, daemonic-looking base to contrast with Sanguinius' model.

LyZkhl6.jpg

Very cool! Don't think there is anything like enough DA presence in pre-heresy. Which is a surprise, as they're an evocative legion, and the different colour scheme means you can differentiate from 40k easily.

Sanguinius looking good too - it's a beautiful sculpt!

Thanks! And I get the feeling you don't see much anymore is because Mark II, which was the Dark Angels armour (along with White Scars), was discontinued by Forge World. Though, the differentiation isn't too big for me, since I'm painting all my Dark Angels in that colour scheme because I like it a lot more than the dark green.

Those new Praetors and the Dreadnoughts, I'm totally getting all of. At least one, probably more :lol:

And I agree, Sanguinius is indeed such an amazing sculpt, I'm excited to finish it.

Nice to see some Dark Angels being worked on, one of the lesser seen Legions I think sometimes do kudos!

BCC

Thanks! I've got three more models showing up this week (Deredeo with Plasma & Missiles, the Apothecary set), so those will be being vowed for ETL, not for Age of Darkness though. I've got far too much Primaris to just sit around and not paint them :lol:

So I'll have.... 4 Units that will be showcased here once finished.

Friend of mine did an order with Spellcrow at the beginning of the month, and asked if I wanted to order some of the Dark Angels stuff.

So now I have a 10-man squad of Veterans, all in robes:
NRNj0Q9.jpg

Unsure of what loadout for these guys though. I'm thinking Combi-Plasma?

Edited by Gederas

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are looking great, love the hint of green and a nod to Caliban on the green  of the shoulder pads. Good work brother

Thanks! I did that specifically because of that bit of lore about the green shoulder pads. Plus, it helps tie the marines in with my Primaris and 40k Characters who aren't Belial and Sammael (who always have both shoulders in that same green).

Update, venerable brother Boaty McBoatface (working name until I come up with one :lol:) is finished:
HVuJkN6.jpg

cbhR0mT.jpg

vkOd3P3.jpg

ZeuNSH8.jpg

Missile Launcher is attached via a pin that allows it to swivel freely. Which is cool

3I5UrDO.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Could use some shades on that tecchie!

There are, it's just the lighting did some funky things on the red and I don't know why. If you look closely at the rivets on the Mark III arm, and the recesses on his backpack you can see some pooled shade there :lol:

The Techmarine's red is painted a slight variant of the red I use for my weapon casings, and those photograph perfectly fine, so I'm not sure what happened with this one....

Friend of mine did an order with Spellcrow at the beginning of the month, and asked if I wanted to order some of the Dark Angels stuff.

NRNj0Q9.jpg

How long did it take to get the mark 3 leg in the robe :D That looks painful.

NRNj0Q9.jpg

How long did it take to get the mark 3 leg in the robe :biggrin.: That looks painful.

Simple answer: I didn't :lol:

The lighter grey robed legs are Spellcrow legs, with the GW Dark Angel Veterans plastic kit's torsos cut off their bodies and glued onto the legs (the reverse is true for the GW Dark Angel Veterans legs, as they've got the Spellcrow torsos on them).

• 1 month later...

Coming along nicely keep it up!

BCC

Thanks! I'm gonna end up taking a bit of a break from the Dark Angels for a bit, burnt myself out painting all that black for ETL :lol:

I did finish up a Knight for my Dark Angels, the fluff I've got for this household is they're another one that was discovered by the Dark Angels during the Crusade.

GZRXIyC.jpg

IifNc3v.jpg

vBk8pyi.jpg

dkXYs9o.jpg

2n8GBec.jpg