Gederas' Heresy Shenanigans

Gederas

Both the base and the mini are looking good! Might I suggest gluing it to the cork/painting support with a tiny bit of glue to the pin? It should not be too hard to break off if you are careful with the amount of glue used.

Thanks!

As to the pinning issue: He's got a pin in his right foot, which is what I have attached to a cork. He's spinning ON the wine cork as I try to paint him :laugh.:

Edited by Gederas

Thought so, my suggestion is for you to glue the pin to the cork, with just a little bit of glue. That way, the miniature should not spin anymore, but it should be easy enough to pull the mini out of the cork once you're done with it. If you don't want to touch at all the miniature after painting it to remove it from the cork, another option is to give it a bit longer pin, glue a part of it inside the cork, and then cut it when you're done painting, or simply to pull the miniature only from the pin. Do let me know if you try the latter method, as I have only ever used the first version I've mentioned a couple times, the variants I've just come up with them as I was writing :happy.:.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought so, my suggestion is for you to glue the pin to the cork, with just a little bit of glue. That way, the miniature should not spin anymore, but it should be easy enough to pull the mini out of the cork once you're done with it. If you don't want to touch at all the miniature after painting it to remove it from the cork, another option is to give it a bit longer pin, glue a part of it inside the cork, and then cut it when you're done painting, or simply to pull the miniature only from the pin. Do let me know if you try the latter method, as I have only ever used the first version I've mentioned a couple times, the variants I've just come up with them as I was writing :happy.:.

Well.... I've fixed the spinning issue :lol:

If you are finding yellows annoying, work off a brown base, then successive layers. Then you can adjust the brightness of the yellow with glaze(s) of Agrax (non gloss). Black/ white are not great bases for yellow. 

That could work... Maybe in the future :yes:

In other news: Barring some highlights and a recess-wash of Rhinox Hide on the yellow areas, Dreygur is done!

VbDND2S.jpg

Quick update:

Z0Cj5cj.jpg

The eye lenses being painted adds a lot to them

Nearing completion.... Should have them done tomorrow.

All those tacticals are looking good, solid effort getting through that many bodies. Nice progress on Dreygur, too.

Yeah.... I'm only doing this many because I got them all assembled from a friend. I've still got MORE to paint too....

Theres Just Something about seeing 20 legionaries ready to party...
Also impressive Speed onnthese guys

The secret is using Leadbelcher spray and Nuln Oil. Then it's just a drybrush of Leadbelcher/Ironbreaker to brighten it all up :laugh.:

Very nice! There's going to be three Iron Warrior players at a Heresy event i'm doing on the tail end of January soon, and for good reason! Great rules, and great aesthetic. Keep it up!

It's just a simple scheme, but so visually appealing because of it's simplicity. Plus, the bright yellow helps a lot.

Edited by Gederas

Nice and simple paint scheme that ticks all the boxes! Keep it up!

BCC

Thanks! And I will do so.

Blue is a very good decision for the eyelenses on iron warriors, realy gives them some more colour. :smile.:

The blue is actually a funny story. I asked a friend how to make it subtly obvious that my Iron Warriors are Loyalists and his response was "give them blue eyes. Because everyone sees them with red eyes for the Chaos Marines. And since 'Blue is Heroic' and all that, it'll make it obvious without BEING obvious."

So basically, any and all eye-lenses will be blue instead of red or green.

In other news, I just got a payment agreement for painting some of my friend's Primaris (10 Incursors, 3 Suppressors and 3 Eliminators). He'll be getting me this laddy, NIB off of EBay:

blogger-image--834604763.jpg

So my Iron Warriors will get a Siege Breaker in Cataphractii Terminator Armour(30k)/Captain in Cataphractii Terminator Armour(40k). Just gonna have to put a helmet on him :lol:

Great choice of mini, keep us updated brother!

Will do!

In other news, finished (barring the bases) of the first 10-man Veteran squad, the Mark IV squad:

ZNkDASr.jpg

Now I need to finish the Mark III squad (and get a new pistol for the Sergeant because I blew out the barrel of his Bolt Pistol when drilling the hole.....)

The LE Praetor I'm using for my Siegebreaker (in Cataphractii Terminator Armour) came in last night

o5u7ryz.jpg

There was next to no flaws on the model, there was only one major mold slip.... So OF COURSE it was on the segmented armour on the back of his leg :wallbash: There was some air bubbles on his thunder hammer too, but that's easily fixed.

Also, managed to remove the Combi-Volkite from him to replace with either a Combi-Plasma or Combi-Melta (he's there to bring down buildings and vehicles, no anti-infantry combi-weapon!) safely, so now I can use it for.... other things (maybe casting it since that's the only cobi-volkite weapon iirc?)

Edited by Gederas

I think these will work nicely for the Phosphex Bombs

ojKeMYJ.jpg

Note: I know Siege Breakers can only take three and there's four there. I was lazy and didn't want to cut one of the little doo-dads from the DA Veterans kit in half :laugh.:. They're mainly also to cover up the fact that there's a slight gap in the lower area of his back and his waist

Edited by Gederas

That's a nice lord, just ordered one after seeing this.

Right? I love the model, and was super hyped to see one on EBay for ONLY 45 bucks. Though, I had to wait far longer than necessary (because the listing was from a dude in Chelmsford, MA.... So about an hour and a half drive :lol:. It took a week instead with shipping)

Those are spot on for phosphex and other more unusual weapons. That Praetor is such a nice sculpt, shame it's a limited edition release.

Right? I think I saw someone using them on this forum, but it was in an archived thread with Photobucket's :cuss-ery. So I couldn't see exactly what items they were using.

And it really is such a nice sculpt. What's worse is that's the only model with a Combi-Volkite Charger that's ever peen produced.... :lol:

Jeah that realy is a dope model. Might keep my eyes peeled for one myself.

The grenades Look ace for phosphex and hiding unseemly seams by virtue of bitz is a time honored Tradition I think

Thanks!

So, this showed up today before I left for work.

AQNjoZP.jpg

And while I SHOULD have assembled my Aether War box after getting home from work so I can do a game against the friend I split the box with tomorrow.... I couldn't help myself :laugh.:

Assembled myself a Contemptor-Mortis and Perturabo:

oTvJ7bG.jpg

4pvf8CU.jpg

I also did some magnetization on Perturabo, so he can be equipped with Forgebreaker should I so desire:

vq53G2Y.jpg

Edited by Gederas

Certainly an exciting delivery, can't beat the thrill of a box of FW goodies. The Death Guard Contemptor has to be one of the best chassis out there, really suits the IV aesthetic too.

Yup, yup! And the aesthetics is why I chose it to use for my Iron Warriors (along with the fact that I needed the Death Guard Contemptor's head for Perturabo's helmet :lol:)