So would he be a Chaos Marine who hates Chaos Marines and likes loyal Space Marines?

The struggle against internalized anti-chaos sentiment is an ongoing challenge, one I've dedicated a significant amount of personal effort trying to help fellow chaos players overcome. We were all raised in a pro-Imperial environment. Even after being awakened to the Imperium's corruption and lies, that brainwashing still runs deep. To this day I weep when I see chaos marines slicing off their beautiful, gods-given mutations in an attempt to conform to the Imperium's bigoted body-image biases, all based on lies conceived to fill the pockets Big Prosthesis.

Not that there's anything wrong with cybernetic prosthetics where they're needed, or where the subject wants them for their own self expression instead of being emotionally bullied into them to enrich some Terran lord's bank accounts. But even then, prosthetics that embrace the natural beauty of chaos are far superior in functionality, far more artistically daring, and bring far more joy to the soul, than mass produced imperial prosthetics designed to conform to restrictive and damaging imperial standards of beauty. The question to ask is, "is this helping me express the true chaotic beauty of my soul, or is this suppressing my inner self to conform to the false standards of a false god I no longer even believe in".

The same sentiment can be applied to so much of heretic astartes culture. Breaking the chains of Imperial subservience is an ongoing process, it's a fight you wage in your soul every day, cutting down the weeds of self hatred even as you cut down the Imperium's pathetic defenders on the battlefield.

In all of this, Sergeant Ruckus, laughable parody that he is, provides an excellent example in the negative. Any Chaos Marine who hears him can immediately recognize the Imperial brainwashing speaking through him because within the framework of the parody that brainwashing is flaunted and made obvious for comedic effect. Once you're familiar with the character, your own ingrained Imperial biases start to speak in his voice. They stop cloaking themselves in your own voice, which makes them easier to identify for what they are, easier to separate from the true self so that they can be laughed off instead of letting them fester.

Basically, whenever self doubt looms in your mind, you can ask, "is that what I really think, or is that just Sergeant Ruckus talking?"

*puts on best professor Farnsworth* Great/terrible news everyone! 
Me and my wife are moving house...again. God this is going to be the 5th time in like 6 years! Although this is great news it means that all my warhammer plans have been put further back. I knew this was coming but hoped it would be after the summer. 

So i'm going to be living my warhammer fantasy through you guys so please keep posting!  
I did managed to scratch my hobby itch ever so slightly the other night by going through my what few bits and models I have got some interesting bits in there. Found an old school iron warrior helm from GW (not forgeworld) upgrade kit. This will defo be used on a havoc, possibly the champion. Also some of the unwanted nightlord bits i have might work as just generic chaos bits which is always a bonus. 

More excitingly after the 'slamguines' discussion I dry fitted a model together and was pretty happy with what i got. Harkken body, goliath champion arms with the big hammer over the shoulder, Goliath outstretched army with plasma pistol and old raptor jump pack. I'm not sure of the hammer arm as its causally slung over the shoulder in contrast to harkken's more dynamic pose. I also couldn't decide on a helm. The stormcast eternal mask looked OK but wasn't sold before I've green stuffed on a hood or cables, the original head looks nice to but i wanted to use that on a terminator champion, the fw bare Khârn head also looked nice but wasn't sold and the unhelmed reiver head looked good. If i get time between packing and stuff i'll try and put something together. 

On an slightly unrelated note how fing cool do the iron Golem models for AoS look! I see some pretty cool conversion opportunities for these guys.   

Archived