What are you working on now?

Captain Idaho

I am trying to finally finish my Ultrmarine Fifth Company.   I  have been adding grenades, ammo pouches and shoulder pads to 2 squads of tactical  marines.     Also working on  all of the sargants and command squad lead by a captain..  My question to all of you would there still be full marine squads using MKVI armor ( beakie helmets etc.)?    Or should I spread them out amongst all 6 tactical squads and the devastor squads.    Appreciate comments.    

Thanks,

I would use the same colour on all my marines' lenses regardless of rank and helmet colour.

That's what I do. It makes the lenses on Sergeant's helmets stand out less than on other ranks, but they don't disappear completely. You can use different tones to create some contrast. The way I see it is that no Imperial organisation is going to bother manufacturing differen't colours of eye lenses just so that they stand out, especially not the pragmatic Ultramarines.

Here's some examples:

gallery_61651_8231_9845.jpg

gallery_61651_8231_47590.jpg

gallery_61651_12344_3087.jpg

Brothers thanks for the info and advice.  I have decided on the following.   The first squad will have 6 beakies including the sargant,   I will spread the rest of my  beakies  amongst the other squads.      I just realized GW did not give you enough long ammo pouches in the tactical squad box!    They only give 3 pieces in the set.      For a full company you need approximately 70 pieces.    I have started to give the bolter marines one long  ammo pouch each.    I went on ebay and bought some more.   I will have enough to do two  companies of tactical marines. 

Where else can you try to get more of the long ammo pouches.    Your help is greatly appreciated.    

Brothers thanks for the info and advice.  I have decided on the following.   The first squad will have 6 beakies including the sargant,   I will spread the rest of my  beakies  amongst the other squads.      I just realized GW did not give you enough long ammo pouches in the tactical squad box!    They only give 3 pieces in the set.      For a full company you need approximately 70 pieces.    I have started to give the bolter marines one long  ammo pouch each.    I went on ebay and bought some more.   I will have enough to do two  companies of tactical marines. 

Where else can you try to get more of the long ammo pouches.    Your help is greatly appreciated.    

Bits stores. I was going to suggest some but you're US and I'm UK, so they wouldn't be much use to you. If you don't mind international I can give you a couple of URLs though.

Currently working on getting back into the building and painting side of things again after a long break. Going to start up my White Consuls project again in the new year, probably around April time because at the moment I have nowhere to paint. I start a new job next week with my current employer where I'm being trained to take over the guy who's retiring. he has 2 offices which I'll inherit so I'm hoping I can get the one thats out of the way set up for Airbrushing and painting etc when I'm not busy :whistling:

I picked up Shadowspear a few weeks back and the Primaris half will be going straight into the 3rd Company of White Consuls along with the Space Marine Heroes series 2 Terminators so got a bit to do and I'll update my paintlog as and when I start back up.

Brother Sqt carter,

They are awesome. :jawdrop: I saved your photos to act as a guide for doing my UM figures. What colores did you use for the green on the shoulder pads?

Thank you Randy.

I’m an Army Painter/Vallejo man, so I can only list those colors.

Models are zenethal primed, and two thin coats are applied on all areas. (6:4 paint to water). Except that blue and black GW contrast.

Trim colors are Army Painter brand: Goblin Green layered up to Jungle Green. Toned down with Strong Tone wash. Edge highlight to taste with Scaly Hide.

Army a Painters pallet can be found here

https://admin.thearmypainter.com/files/productgroups/pg-acrylics.png

Edited by Brother Sgt. Carter