What are you working on now?

Captain Idaho

Unfortunately I missed the cutoff for the ETL.

I'm currently working on 15 assault terminators and 5 indomitus pattern ones to kickstart my terminator project. Hopefully I can muster the bravery to continue with more terminators after these are done. I tried some contrast pant, but I have mixed feelings about the result, I will probably redo/upgrade the armour. And yes, i know, many, many mouldlines which bug me everytime I spot one, but I can't get myself to scrape them of and redo the paint job. Barrels will be drilled later.

gallery_87414_12934_146371.jpg

gallery_87414_12934_343015.jpg

gallery_87414_12934_294408.jpg

gallery_87414_12934_580709.jpg

I'm not a painter, I build and I play. I've been playing an opponent for over a year, every Friday. His armies (Ad Mech, Ork and Necron) look great.

So I'm motivated to get my guys up to snuff, nothing crazy, bases done, base coats, 3 color basic.

I'm starting with my Primaris force.

It's a long road.

Been working on getting myself a Ultramarine Kill Team of Intercessors from one of the smaller starter boxes I picked up at a store sale. I've finished a combat squad so far, and plan to repaint two of my sniper scouts to get it to the 100 points.

2NEvMUw.jpg?1

mzzzoJ9.jpg?1

I am quite happy with them and feel I have quite upped my game on painting over a period now. The Primaris marines themselves are fun to paint and enjoyed putting a little crest on their kneepads to differentiate them. Especially as the Easy To Build are the way they are.

Brothers hit me with any conversions you're doing to not use the new flight stands for Primaris troops. I've got 9 so far and I'm not a fan.

Thanks.

Also Helmet Primarneus got primed. Just built the Victrix, damn these cloak seams.

Turns out I painted the raven only to battle ready, I'll finish it some other time. I want to try to get as many things terminator related to a gaming standard, especially with the new codex coming next week!

pic of the raven, once it's finished it will turn up in my ultramarine thread, fort now this will have to do.

gallery_87414_12934_183037.jpg

And my new project to get ready for gaming.

gallery_87414_12934_439009.jpg

Ignore the twin heavy bolster, all my assault cannon turrets are already painted for my razorbacks, so I just slapped this one on to get painted.

Thanks, it's just several dry brush layers. A friend showed me how to do it, but it's really easy and relatively fast. I've tried layering and blending vehicles, but  that made me truly dislike painting vehicles. With this technique I'm satisfied with the result and it doesn't take me three weeks to get there. I had some trouble getting to the right blue colour to match my infantry, but I think I'm pretty close now.  My previous vehicles and dreads came out a bit dark, so I'll have to et back to them eventually.

For me - I'm going to get Guilliman finished, an Index option Company Ancient, a Leviathan with dual Grav Flux Bombard...

Probably loads more stuff now Codex Space Marines and Supplement for us is coming! From Warhammer Conquest I'm getting more Scouts, 2 Land Speeders, I want a Land Raider Crusader one day and maybe a Redemptor to tag team my Contemptor.

So, just joined the boys in maybe blue, so I started by picking up 30x Intercessors, 10x Hellblasters, 6x Inceptors, Marneus and his Guard, a Redemptor and a Repulsor, and a Primaris Libby. I'm going full tilt into Primaris, and have also ordered Tigurius, 2 sets of dice, and all the books. Oh! And 7 upgrade sprues.

I spent about four hours yesterday building 5 intercessors, 5 hellblasters, my Librarian, Marneus and the boys, and a Redemptor. Tomorrow I will dedicate most of the day to building, but I am still waiting on 5 of my upgrade sprues to arrive. Haven't decided what company I want to do, so any suggestions on that would be cool.

Gold looks great (2nd Company) but I always liked the 5th. Fluffwise they are the company of Death (if you go by the blurb in I think 4th edition Codex).

However, I hear there is a Company by Company breakdown of the background of 1-10 in Supplment Ultramarines so perhaps wait until this weekend?

So, just joined the boys in maybe blue, so I started by picking up 30x Intercessors, 10x Hellblasters, 6x Inceptors, Marneus and his Guard, a Redemptor and a Repulsor, and a Primaris Libby. I'm going full tilt into Primaris, and have also ordered Tigurius, 2 sets of dice, and all the books. Oh! And 7 upgrade sprues.

I spent about four hours yesterday building 5 intercessors, 5 hellblasters, my Librarian, Marneus and the boys, and a Redemptor. Tomorrow I will dedicate most of the day to building, but I am still waiting on 5 of my upgrade sprues to arrive. Haven't decided what company I want to do, so any suggestions on that would be cool.

Nice little start there :-D

However, I hear there is a Company by Company breakdown of the background of 1-10 in Supplment Ultramarines so perhaps wait until this weekend?

Oh wow, can't wait!

I would second 2nd company. Sicarius is a great character. Since drop pods were improved in the new codex this would be my recommendation. Naturally it excludes Primaris marines. ;)

That's quite the investment you did there. Welcome to the ultramarines. I personally rock the second company's golden trim, but only because that's how I happened to start the army a couple of years ago. I'm a total dud when it comes to fluff so I can't recommend any specific company, but like cat Idaho said, the supplement is supposed to be filled with fluff from all the ultramarine companies, so I suppose waiting till saturday before slapping paint on the rims would be advisable. Let us know what you pick and why.

Nice little start there :-D

Yeah, I've always been an Ultras fan, the Uriel Ventris series got me into Warhammer. I just felt they never played how I wanted until now. This supplement is awesome, rules wise. I can't wait for the new fluff! I was considering doing them in 4th Co and making a Primaris Uriel Ventris.

Currently turning the true scaled marines I posted way back on the first page of this thread into 30K Ultras. Re-caught the heresy fever, but wasn't liking my paint job for my old 30K Ultras so decided to start again.

Opened up a WIP log for anybody interested here:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/357598-the-atrocity-at-calth-true-scaled-ultramarines/