5x Intercessor - Bolt Rifles - Auxiliary Grenade Launcher - Power Fist

5x Infiltrator

5x Infiltrator

5x Scout - Bolt Pistols & Combat Blades

5x Inceptor - Plasma Exterminators

3x Devastator Centurion - Twin Lascannons & Hurricane Bolters

6x Hellblaster - Plasma Incinertors - Plasma Pistol

Eversor Assassin

My opponent was running the Rusty 17 with Imperial Knights (Castellan, Warden, Crusader and Helverin).

The mission was Four Pillars from CA2019. Deployment was #5 from the main rulebook. There wasn’t a lot of terrain to hide behind from the Knights so I ended up placing the bulk of my castle in a small ruin with one Intercessor squad claiming one of my objective markers. The Infiltrators deployed inside a big ruin in the center of the table and the Scouts over on the far side of the table inside a small ruin. I also deployed the Hellblasters on the center of my long table edge behind a small ruin and one Intercessor squad behind a small hill. Inceptors were placed in reserve. My opponent deployed his Knights strung out along his long table edge and the Admech close to his two objective markers.

I got to go first and my opponent did not attempt to seize. I made a few silly mistakes this game but it’s been a couple weeks since I’ve played my Ultramarines. I decided to go aggressive the first turn with one squad of Infiltrators moving up to the edge of the central ruin to charge one of the Skitarri units holding an objective. The Devastator Centurions jumped out of the ruin to target the Castellan with their lascannons and another Skitarri unit sitting on his other objective marker. I was able to score 10 unsaved wounds on the Castellan and wiped out the Skitarri. My Infiltrators made the charge and killed all but two of the other Skitarri unit... the first mistake I made was not using the fight again stratagem to wipe out the Admech squad.

My opponent countered by moving the Warden next to my other Infiltrator squad... the second mistake I made was moving them within an inch of a wall inside the big ruin so the Knight could assault them. He wiped out my Centurions with shooting and due to the Ancient they were able to score 14 wounds on the Warden with their lascannons and eight wounds on the Helverin with their Hurricane Bolters. Note I opted to shoot the Warden since I felt I could finish it off the next turn. The Castellan wiped out my first Infiltrator squad (Skittari had fallen back). The Warden then wiped out the second squad of Infiltrators in his assault phase.

My opponent scored one victory point for killing more units but we both held the same amount of objectives.

Luckily the Warden had moved into rapid fire range of my Hellblasters so during the second turn they popped out to target it but would be outside of buff auras from my castle. Guilliman, Tigirius and the Techmarine also poked their heads out but in such a manner that they could not be targeted due to the Intercessor squad inside the small ruin. The Inceptors dropped down over by my castle for those sweet sweet buff auras. Tigirius successfully cast the double Smite (Psychic Scourge) scoring five more wounds on the Warden. Guilliman finished off the Helverin with the Hand of Dominion and the Hellblasters then finished off the Warden. Finally the Inceptors brought Crusader down to half its wounds. This was an excellent turn of shooting taking down two Knights. I should also mention my assassin revealed itself this turn successfully launching an assault into a Skitarri unit and wiped them out. The Castellan heroically intervened but the Eversor had a great batch of saves and managed to survive!

My opponent flanked the Castellan around the central ruin to target the Intercessors behind the small hill. Note that the Castellan had to fall back and the assassin chucked a meltabomb scoring five wounds as a result! The Crusader moved up to target the Inceptors... this was a big mistake by my opponent since it brought the Knight close enough for Guilliman to assault it the next turn. The Castellan had a major whiff in the shooting phase... the Intercessor Sergeant miraculously survived and was outside range for an assault; it did manage to slay my assassin. The Crusader wiped out the Inceptors but return fire due to the Ancient brought it down to 2-3 wounds remaining.

Neither of us scored any victory points this turn as we both destroyed the same amount of enemy units and both controlled one objective.

I’ll finish the report later today... have to get ready for another game now.

Edited by Black Blow Fly

Okay now on to the rest of the game ...

Third turn it’s time to go for the Crusader while protecting what I’ve got left of my army. The lone Intercessor Sergeant advances into the central ruin so that the Castellan can’t target any of my characters. Guilliman and friends move into position to finish the Crusader. Guilliman polishes off the last Skittari squad with his Hand of Dominion and Tigirius double smites down the Crusader to a couple wounds. My other Intercessor squad charges the Crusader to eat Overwatch... two survive and make it in followed by Guilliman and the Techmarine. Roboute easily finishes off the Knight and unfortunately for me it explodes killing the two Intercessors, Guilliman loses six wounds and the Techmarine loses a wound.

The Castellan advances around the central ruin but can’t target any of my characters due to the hidden Intercessor Sergeant. I score a victory points for more kills tying the game.

The rest of the game I chase the Castellan which can’t shoot and I manage to bring it down to 3-4 wounds. The game ends as a draw with each of us scoring a single victory point each. Kind of crazy but a great game. The combination of the terrain and deployment zone was not great for me but killing three of four Knights was sweet.

Just getting more work done on my ETL vow... unfortunately real life has been getting in the way so I haven't been able to make as much progress as I have wanted to. I was also invited to a big apocalypse game at the end of the year, so my goal for that is to have my entire 3rd company painted. But first I need to get these terminators done for ETL...

med_gallery_84735_15442_830177.jpg

Yep, it sure is... or at least it's my kit bashed version, sadly I don't have the old metal captain.  When the tartaros terminators came out and I saw that plasma blaster, I had to go and convert him.  Now that he has been sitting unpainted for so long, I thought it was about time I finished him.

Currently working on an Ultramarine Indomitus Crusade Veteran force (link: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/357044-ultramarines-indomitus-crusaders/)

Last model I put together was good old Bobzilla himself, found him a nice shiny new hat and everything

gallery_576_15679_11519.jpg

Love that helmet!

Please tell me the source!

In between work on my IG allied force I am working on 5 terminators I found that only had their metallic base coat.

There will be a space hulk/Mortalis themed event coming aoon and I want all my Silver Skulls Terminators finished.

Finished the conversion of adding Bolt Carbines to Intercessors. Used mk III pauldrons from Prospero.

I play these guys as Veterans. That powerfist has done work for me when the ubiquitous da' Jump squad or Tela Porta Deff Dread shows up in my back field.

gallery_13104_13236_44343.jpg

Get em primed, then on to the Repulsor MBT.

Im currently working on my Astraeus. Started the recess shades today...it is a hugd lump of resin. When ive done a bit more of that ill crack open the apocalypse large box set of primaris marines and continue my 3rd company project.