+++ Turf War II: The Battle for Sludge City +++

Ranulf

Unfortunately the elements are against me, the weather has not allowed me to go and undercoat my Ambot, maybe next week.

Radu Lykan, are those Green Stuff sculpts?

Lord Ranulf, that hired gun looks amazing! Also great job on making the hat out of green stuff, I would never be able to do something so delicate.

I found the way down here by chance, were it not for a random banner on top of the forums I would never have known about this.

Such a cool project! With Tempus Belli done and ETL not yet up... sorely tempted I am. My main Chaos Cult has too much paint on it to be used (albeit only primed and some skin colour), but I have Cawdors and too many Poxwalkers for my own good. Could I do two factions, or are split persnalities not that welcome? :sweat:

"Listen here chappy, Sludge City was always a dangerous place. Lately though? Insanity I tells ya!"

The old man took another sip of Second Best, then continued: "Lord Armagio feels a bit too safe for me liking up in the Settlement. Trust me, there are weird folks around all over the place. Some flashy guys took the Toll Crossing just days ago, and if rumours are to be believed some abominations have shown their mutated face in the Old Ruins. Those uglies might not be alone, I myself have seen some shambling folks over there as well, with tentacles for arms and whatnot."

"There is more to come, I feel it in my old bones..."

I, Darnok, boast that I shall paint five Chaos Cultists for the influence of the Chaos Cults in the Old Ruins by the end of 13th July, 2019.

There, you got me. Nurgle is calling, and who am I to ignore the Plaguefather? :biggrin.:

I, Radu Lykan, boast that I shall paint a ganger for the influence of house Goliath in the settlement by the end of 13/07/2019

Ivan Vankjo has been languishing in this blue tacked condition for quite some time but no longer!

KCIIXOt.jpg

Quite possibly the least practical gaming piece I will ever make lol he's going to struggle fitting in places but should look cool when finished

Edit-fixed pic link

Edited by RADU LYKAN

Damn, I just could not stop building after five models, so for better or worse:

I, Darnok, boast that I shall paint five Chaos Cultists for the influence of the Chaos Cults in the Chem Pits by the end of 13th July, 2019.

From sprue...

unvsQYU.jpg

... to batch #1...

9zku7UB.jpg

... and batch #2:

YLBgpWw.jpg

Not a fan of sculpted muzzle effects (just not my thing), but your painting is brilliant. Great stuff Lord Ranulf!

More of a general question: is anybody up to the task of writing some background for the different territories? I've been musing about this a bit the last days, but I am not a great writer. Does anybody else have the time and inspiration? It would surely add another layer of awesome to this cool little project.

Edited by Darnok

Not a fan of sculpted muzzle effects (just not my thing), but your painting is brilliant. Great stuff Lord Ranulf!

Yeah, the muzzle flares are a bit divisive - I like them on 'munda stuff, but I wouldn't use them on a 40K or 30K army.

Are the bullet casings Anvil Industries? They look like they might be. I've got some but I haven't painted up the model with them yet. They look really good painted though, as does the rest of the model.

Yup, Anvil Industries - wrong caliber for the Autogun though, he must be standing where someone was firing a shotgun earlier... ;)

-Ran

I don't worry about things like caliber. I should, cos normally I like realism and consistency with my models. But my gun knowledge is almost zero, coming from a country where they're so rare. Just having bullet casings on the base is enough for me :D.

Are they about the right caliber for a heavy stubber?

+++ Week Three Round-up +++

We've now completed another week of the Turf War II campaign - to a flurry of new activity! Week three has seen 14 new Boasts from 3 Members and 7 Completions from members Radu Lykan, CaptainDangerous and your humble narrator. The Chaos forces in the region are threatening to overwhelm! (if the members that boasted them get them painted! :tongue.:)

Breakdown by Faction:

Chaos Cultists: 10 Boasts (71%)
House Orlock: 3 Boasts (21%)
House Goliath: 1 Boast (7%)

Breakdown by Territory:

The Old Ruins: 5 Boasts (35%)
The Chem Pits: 5 Boasts (35%)
The Settlement: 4 Boast (29%)

The Settlement remains in hands of Narco Lord Daryth Armagio, although the muscle-bound brutes of House Goliath have been seen shouldering their way into some of the hab blocks.

The Toll Crossing has been seized by a Hunter team of the upper spire, seemingly in the pay of the Outlaw faction. The nominal House Orlock presence there has been limited to firing at shadows and praying for reinforcement.

Chaos Cultists continue to stalk the eerie darkness of the Old Ruins seeking flesh and souls to offer to their dark masters and the Drinking Hole is still home to belligerent House Orlock Scummer that is content to drink and whore the nights away.

Nine weeks to go folks: Stiffen the sinews, summon up the blood and disguise fair nature with hard-favoured rage!

-Ran

Edited by Lord Ranulf