BSB Speculation

ERJAK

Anyone else catch this? The list of units on the transfer sheets lists Retrubutors and Celestians. Pretty sure that means we'll be getting new boxes for those two units yeah?

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/11/sisters-of-battle-army-set-unboxinggw-homepage-post-1/

scarily though... the lack of dominions in that list......are we going to lose our crutch unit?

yeah that sounds possible... might also mean that they are going to shift units around so the codex isnt so elite heavy.. (what was the beta - 50% elite?)

-laughs in Custodes-

In any case, explain to a non-Sisters player what Dominions are? Maybe that could shed some light on potentially why they aren't named on the Transfer Sheet?

Edited by Gederas

Dominions are a unit of basic Battle Sisters that can take four special weapons (even at the min size of five models) who also get to move (with their transport) before the first turn. They allowed for melta and/or stormbolter spam and to position a unit for decent turn one shooting Edited by Ficinus

Dominions are a unit of basic Battle Sisters that can take four special weapons (even at the min size of five models) who also get to move (with their transport) before the first turn. They allowed for melta and/or stormbolter spam and to position a unit for decent turn one shooting

Ah, so basically Space Marine Sternguard/Chaos Marine Chosen, with a funky scout move rule.

Hmm.... Maybe they're not called out because they're just a variant of the basic Sisters squad?

Actually, they're not even Sternguard/Chosen.

The basic Sisters squad is a (currently) 5-15 model squad that can take either up to two special weapons OR one special weapon and one heavy weapon

Currently, Celestians are the equivalent of Sternguard/Veterans

* their squad size is limited to 5-10 IIRC (not in front of books atm)

* they have the bodyguard rule

* they're otherwise a basic sister squad with +1Ld and I think +1A and have the exact same weapon options as a basic Sister squad.

Dominions are a Fast Attack choice. In previous editions, they had Outflank. Unlike the basic Sister Squad, they cannot take heavy weapons but may take up to four special weapons. Like Celestians, the unit is limited to 5-10 models.

Retributors are the equivalent to a Devastator Squad, taking up to four heavy weapons instead of four special weapons and filling a Heavy Support choice. Likewise, the unit is limited to 5-10 models.

Seraphim are the equivalent to Assault Marines but armed with twin bolt pistols. Up to two models may replace their bolt pistols with two inferno pistols and/or two hand flamers.

All that to say that the existing units are all variant basic Sisters squads.

Edited by taikishi

[quote name="ValourousHeart" post="5425742" timestamp="1573666557"

Sisters-of-Battle-Pulpit-of-War.jpg

In the unboxing thread in general there is a fare bit of chat about it...the pic was uploaded on to FB by on of the uk stores...(oops now taken down)

The basic sisters box makes Dominions. They are still there.

Many of you need to stop overreacting to every little thing. Emperor preserve me, you're making this subforum and associated topics outside of it unbearable. Calm down, relax.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/11/13/sisters-of-battle-beyond-the-boxgw-homepage-post-1/

Today's article:
Look at the battle sister box, talks about how it makes Dominions and Celestians.
Look at the three support characters and their models plus a Canones. 

New named character on a floating pulpit! Junith Eruita, OoML
They mention another new unit and a piece of terrain: Zephyrim and the Battle Sanctum. Elite® Seraphim and a terrain piece?

Zephyrim = Eviscerator seraphim? Please?

Those models are pretty great. It's a little disappointing that the pulpit is a special character, but it looks so great.

Edit: Also, the celestian has a slightly different bolter (a sight on top). Maybe some sort of shooting upgrade?

Edited by Ficinus

Zephyrim = Eviscerator seraphim? Please?

Those models are pretty great. It's a little disappointing that the pulpit is a special character, but it looks so great.

Edit: Also, the celestian has a slightly different bolter (a sight on top). Maybe some sort of shooting upgrade?

Could be.older models had a sight on them too, if I recall correctly.

I love that pulpit, the utter silliness of it has flavours of Inquisitor Karamzov.

Got to say I'm not a fan of the new Immolator design as a transport tank, but mine are all scratchbuilt in a more utilitarian style anyway.

Also thank the Emperor that there's a canoness with options and no silly pelvis collar!

Edited by ATPete

Please let that be a Brazier of Holy Fire.

Close Combat Torch for the win.

BTW this is our Canoness.

e10fa790.jpg

I'm seeing 2 torsos, 4 guns, 4 CCW, 4 heads, 2 backpacks.

Would be nice if one of those backpacks was a jump pack.

Hopefully other models can take a torch as well.

I really want to curse GW right now. I'm still not interested in the box set (even as family hounds me for birthday and Christmas presents >.> ) because some of the models are meh to me and others I don't really need....

...but today's preview and the mention of at least two new units...

*shakes fist*

At least I have excitement I didn't have before!

I doubt it will happen, but it'd be nice if each of the six major orders received a special character like Martyred Lady is.

This is my "concern" with Junith Eruita. That pulpit is very cool, but will it work for non-OoML lists? I'm already struggling with sticking to Argent Shroud because of my crappy-looking silver vehicles, and if OoML end up getting all the character love, I may just give up and go OoML for the plastics at least... as boring as being the vanilla option is.

Right now I'm planning on keeping all my metals as Ebon Chalice, and painting my plastics as Martyred Lady so I can take the special character.  I also won't need to worry about the plastics being larger than the metals as they will all be in their own armies.  

I'm really curious as to what the Zephyrim and the Battle Sanctum are.  Personally, I am hoping for Seraphim with evicerators or something similar, and some kind of big church/tank hybrid.

Pulpit looks cool and I want it so bad. My worry is that it only benefits OoOML in which case my getting it is pointless as it can't go in my order... At least in a game with anyone who is a die hard matched play rules Nazi. Of course that doesn't happen to me because I'm picky about who I play with, but still, if it works out that way, I feel for those that want to field it but can't because of their group.

Huh, now I see some of the problem marine players have. Cool character but not for their chapter. Guess I've been spoiled with cross order special character Celestine.

Also, we FINALLY see some kind of melta weapon on that cannoness- inferno pistol. Dunno why melta is not being showed off as readily as flamer weapons.

Does that Dialogus have a Staff of Office?

Edit:

Haha, nice. Just spotted the sister pulling the pin on her grenade with her teeth. Classically posed to the metal one doing the same.

That Cannoness is missing the big collar. I wonder if they got to of it or if it's just an option. Or maybe it's limited to the army box Cannoness?

Incoming battle sanctum? Is this our terrain feature?

Edited by Atrus

That's the problem with special chars and separated chapters/orders/etc - everyone doesn't get an equal share of the pie, so to speak.

I do wish we'd get a peek at the new Order convictions soon, that'd help planning for any Order changes as well.

Pointing out that the Exorcist on the back left has an alternate, Bare-headed driver option. Also the immo is kitted out with heavy bolters on the turret - nothing new, but nice to see it keeps the options. All 3 vehicles still have front mounted heavy bolters, so we still don’t know if those can be changed for flamers, etc.

I find it interesting that the imagifier is back! Now we have both that AND a simulacrum - I wonder what different rules they will affect?

These models are beautiful and I cannot wait to build my army.

Edited by Mekhitar