BSB Speculation

ERJAK

Retributors look like they'll be great with all the new rules they have. Heavy flamers seem more viable, heavy bolters are as good as ever and more mobile now and multi-meltas can get a 42" threat range.

I seem to have lucked out a bit for my order choice too, being able to shoot while advancing really plays to all the short ranged firepower we get. Seems like there's a few distinct flavours of lists that could develop with the order traits.

Not arguing it, just wanting people to realize the GMG review misread the entry when he said it was MD for every Ministorum unit within 6". +1MD per battle round + cover + the other abilities isn't bad for 50 points. Not sure it's something I'd take because I prefer mech lists and still believe in "boys over toys".

Not many boys will fit in a Sisters of Battle list.

Retributors look like they'll be great with all the new rules they have. Heavy flamers seem more viable, heavy bolters are as good as ever and more mobile now and multi-meltas can get a 42" threat range.

I seem to have lucked out a bit for my order choice too, being able to shoot while advancing really plays to all the short ranged firepower we get. Seems like there's a few distinct flavours of lists that could develop with the order traits.

Even better than 42''!

24'' base

12'' additional with a strategem.

6'' movement. 

+1 to Advance rolls.

Argent Shroud can Advance and fire as if having moved.

So D6+1...and you can use a Miracle Dice on the Advance!

So the total threat range is 49''! Damn good.

Tried listening to that review but between his mumbling and talking a million miles a minute I couldn't understand majority of what was said.

Does the Exorcist missile have the Melta rule now? I couldn't quite understand him here and I heard Melta missile. I am saddened at the loss of ap-4.

I'm disappointed that the alternate exorcist is done the whole game and not an alternate fire mode. I honestly, I wish that the anti infantry exorcist was a desperate data sheet so we could have multiples of both on the field.

Are MD going to be able to affect our vehicles?

Really need to get my hands on the book and have a proper look. Sounds quite promising.

Not arguing it, just wanting people to realize the GMG review misread the entry when he said it was MD for every Ministorum unit within 6". +1MD per battle round + cover + the other abilities isn't bad for 50 points. Not sure it's something I'd take because I prefer mech lists and still believe in "boys over toys".

Not many boys will fit in a Sisters of Battle list.

:laugh.:

You know what I mean, but I couldn't help but laugh at your comment XD

Tried listening to that review but between his mumbling and talking a million miles a minute I couldn't understand majority of what was said.

Does the Exorcist missile have the Melta rule now? I couldn't quite understand him here and I heard Melta missile. I am saddened at the loss of ap-4.

I'm disappointed that the alternate exorcist is done the whole game and not an alternate fire mode. I honestly, I wish that the anti infantry exorcist was a desperate data sheet so we could have multiples of both on the field.

Really need to get my hands on the book and have a proper look. Sounds quite promising.

Exorcist: No melta rule. He just called them melta missiles because they do d6 damage.

MD can be used by any unit with the Acts of Faith rule, and our vehicles now have the Acts of Faith rule. You just can't use MD to determine the number of shots the Exorcist gets, however there is a stratagem that lets you re-roll any or all dice your Exorcist rolls to determine the number of shots when it shoots.

Yeah. I am appreciative of the review and whatnot and liked his video to show it, but I'm really waiting for some other reviews that aren't a mile a minute mumbling.

With the Retributor cherubim shenanigans, I sort of feel like taking 4 heavy flamers and popping them in an Immolator to go tearing it up with some Dominions. Once per battle 6D6 heavy flamer shots plus what the Immolator brings.

I love the smell of burning heretics in the morning.

Exorcist: No melta rule. He just called them melta missiles because they do d6 damage.

MD can be used by any unit with the Acts of Faith rule, and our vehicles now have the Acts of Faith rule. You just can't use MD to determine the number of shots the Exorcist gets, however there is a stratagem that lets you re-roll any or all dice your Exorcist rolls to determine the number of shots when it shoots.

Well a las cannon is d6 damage too but that don't make it a melta beam :p

MD affect our vehicles now? Oh this PLEASES me! Knowing that I can use MD on the exorcist damage dice make sure it REALLY effs stuff up is great. I can forgive the minor ap loss in this case.

Exorcists have been referred to as using melta-missiles before and it was Strength 8/-4/D6 like a melta weapon in the beta Codex. Not too out there a connection to draw.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

To be fair there were some nerfs, but there are a lot of buffs as well. Repentia seem like a great choice with the right build. Advance and charge sratagem was what they were missing really, add the miracle dice to boost that and they become speedy killing machines (that give you miracle dice when they die :D ). Seraphim are still strong despite losing 3++

I think my biggest question is where is the 'sacred banner of the order militant'?

(i don't mean the strat, i just can't believe they removed the iconic name without reassigning it to something else...)

Exorcists have been referred to as using melta-missiles before and it was Strength 8/-4/D6 like a melta weapon in the beta Codex. Not too out there a connection to draw.

I know. I was actually a little hopeful that it had been given the Melta rule, especially after the banana custards came out with their missile launcher that has the Melta rule (or at least 2d6 take highest vs vehicles).

I think most lists are going to be having some significant investment into infantry just because a dirt cheap OoML battalion seems so universally useful. And once you have that battalion you might as well take some rets because the work pretty well with the Conviction and if you're taking rets they'll need cover and etc etc.

Interestingly, this is going to be a very difficult army to actually gauge the power of simply due to the practical value of miracle dice being incredibly hard to determine without practice.

Looking at the GMG review, it seems like the last sentence of the dominions vanguard ability got removed. So no more scouting in transports it seems...

Firstly, i wouldn't take that as gospel, he misses a lot. Secondly, that's a dead unit if that's true.

In fact, that kills all vehicle lists for sisters pretty much.

Even better than 42''!

24'' base

12'' additional with a strategem.

6'' movement.

+1 to Advance rolls.

Argent Shroud can Advance and fire as if having moved.

So D6+1...and you can use a Miracle Dice on the Advance!

So the total threat range is 49''! Damn good.

Except at the end of the day, you're still shooting multimeltas. They could have a 900" range they still wouldn't be great.

I can confirm from pausing the video that the sentence is no longer present, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything and could be an error in the Codex. Unfortunately, something tells me we'll have to wait until the full release for the FAQ.

Because that literally kills dominions as a unit. I can't imagine any reason why you would bother with them if the vehicles can't scout?

Not disagreeing, just playing devil's advocate that it could be an error and that lack of text may not necessarily prevent them from scouting.

Unfortunately, I don't have an answer to give you :(

Well removing that sentence would prevent them from scouting, as when embarked they can’t use their vanguard ability as they are not on the table.

It could indeed be an oversight and might be rectified in the faq, but until then, RAW they can’t scout a vehicle forward.

Regarding that killing a unit, idk the 5x storm bolters with blessed bolts still seems useful.

Which reminds me, storm bolters were removed from ranged weapon options so once index is gone, superia lose access to storm bolters :(