BSB Speculation

ERJAK

I don't mind a more modest look than we had back then; I'm actually on board with a progressive revolution, because I think it might encourage more of our wives, sisters and daughters to play. It's another reason I like the DE so much- totally co-ed army.

But my issue with these is that I think they went to far. I get it; the shirt/ short combo does have a certain convent/ monastic feel, which is in keeping. But I think GW would have been better to use Escher as a guide for a suitable baseline. As someone mentioned earlier, there are other builds that we haven't seen yet. These are good enough, but if I didn't already have a full compliment of old school models that I didn't need more repentia unless I want to play a full Penitent Legion in the store [and I do].

For the fluff on the ports, sisters have always had those I'm pretty sure.

Can't wear power armor without some way of telling the armor how to move with you after all.

But the ports humans get are wired into their muscles at the surface, and so when you move, the suit does too.

But a marines black carapace is a much more thourough link, and the suit stops feeling like something your wearing that moves with you, into something you yourself are moving like it's your body, if that makes any sense.

Though I wouldnt see why the external parts of those ports wouldn't be removed when a sister takes the penitent vow, it isn't like she's going to be putting her armor back on, is she?

I'm not sold on the Repentias myself, but not because they aren't objectified enough.

Seriously guys, leave the knock-off bdsm gear in the 80s, where it belongs.

Not every devout penitent is going to immediately jump to mortification.

They just look kinda static, even with the poses trying very hard not to be.

While many sisters don't come back from the Penitent vow, some certainly do. Also, going through the logistics of removing a port doesn't make any more sense, even if they are destined to die- an operation would require healing time, which is a weird thing to give a suicide trooper. Furthermore, the gear may not be able to be recycled anyway, so what's the point?

I don't mind the poses so much, just the loss of the robes and hood along with the chains and rosary beads. Show as much or as little skin as you like, the loss of the aesthetic that tied them to regular Sisters as well as the chains and hoods that marked them as Repentia just seems like they are a different unit entirely.

Honestly, going off the renders is there anything beside knowing they are Repentia themselves and the fleur brands do they really look like something you would immediately know is from a Sisters of Battle army? They certainly don't to me.

Trouble is there’s going to be a number of units that don’t fit the SoB aesthetics .... crusaders, arcos, DCA, the priests themselves, pengines plus any number of new units (if any!)

The point is they are in the same codex... codex Adapta Sororitas... therefore units in a Sisters of Battle Army....

So how will they tie in visually?  Will the repentia tie in with them instead of the power armoured units?

I guess, if the upcoming Ministorum releases will have sports attire shaved heads and brands on their foreheads?

Honestly though, if you saw these renders on their own, without any knowledge of them being part of the upcoming Sisters release, would you think they belonged to the army?

I don't mind the poses so much, just the loss of the robes and hood along with the chains and rosary beads. Show as much or as little skin as you like, the loss of the aesthetic that tied them to regular Sisters as well as the chains and hoods that marked them as Repentia just seems like they are a different unit entirely.

Honestly, going off the renders is there anything beside knowing they are Repentia themselves and the fleur brands do they really look like something you would immediately know is from a Sisters of Battle army? They certainly don't to me.

Having boobs in 40k.

I guess, if the upcoming Ministorum releases will have sports attire shaved heads and brands on their foreheads?

Honestly though, if you saw these renders on their own, without any knowledge of them being part of the upcoming Sisters release, would you think they belonged to the army?

Yes. See: boobs.

This is the first one I've seen that I think is significantly worse than the metal equiv. That said, the Canoness was easily the best model in the whole line-up so that's not necessarily a surprise.

Edited by ERJAK

I'm not digging the new Canoness.  What's up with the staff?  And I know gravity takes it's toll as women age but come on! ... ok that last part was a joke.  They are just 4 foot tassels she has to spin to generate a point of faith.

OK, I'll stop.

Edited by Dominoris

While "the silhouette of the collar is reminiscent of a fluer-de-lys" is cool and all; my first thought and image when I saw it was that of a GSC magos...

Clearly this Cannoness doesn't go for the juvenat treatments that the other cannonesses do. I like the old face. Bit of variety is cool.

Rod is cool but I'm hoping it's just an option for her and she can switch it out for something. I like my Cannoness to be holding a pistol.

Speaking of ranged weapons....I am disappointed to see what looks to be some kind of plasma weapon between her sword and her leg.

Definitely like that the rosary has more bling. Looks good and a lot of sense there.

Stance seems a bit too wide but the metal one has a wide stance too.

I don't love the model but I don't reject it either. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Edited by Atrus

I'm expecting the staff to be a weapon similar to the Crozius, not exactly a staff or club, but clearly a good enough standard weapon.

I like the high collar, and I think that GSC Magos similarity was intentional.  Both armies have a fanatical faith and devotion motif, so both armies sharing a few aesthetic parallels in the model that is supposed to be the army's spiritual leader seems fitting.

Yes it does look like a plasma weapon, and I would guess that it is a plasma pistol scaled to heroic proportions.  Sister characters have always had access to plasma pistols, so it is nice to see a model that is likely going to be a single pose build without options, to come standard with the plasma pistol upgrade we would likely be giving her anyway.

So far I've like all the images they have released.  I am curious to see what all comes on the various sprues.  I'm expecting some early release sets to be like Shadowspear and the chaos knight, where the kits are clearly missing some components, that will be released at a later date.  I understand why they do it that way, it encourages us to buy all the releases if they are staged well.  But I'm hoping they won't make us wait to long to get the majority of our options.

Well, considering that a cannoness is suppose to lead the order, it would be rare to see them actually as the old ones portrayed.  This new model actually seems to fit the look of a leader of the order, who would have more ornamentation to their armor and while they know how to fight, they also aren't as young as the ones they would send in to battle.   That being said, I really do believe we will also get a palatine back which will honestly fit the look the old metal cannoness' had.   It would be nice to see a difference in the two similar to the way space marines have a captain and a lieutenant. 

Also, to bear in mind that In the lore, there is one abbess, who is in charge of all 6 orders, or at least the possibility of 2 each who run one of the two convents. The cannoness is in charge of an order, so it would be rare if she ever sees the field of battle in that role as she is in charge of an entire order.   They could have lesser cannoness who are in charge of large detachments of an order assigned to different temples, shrines and crusades so to speak, but often times she would send a Palatine to lead her armies in battle, or veteran/non veteran sister superiors.   

So for her actually role in the lore the model is not bad.  I personally don't like the extended collar only and see that as more ceremonial, and if there is a way to remove it I will most likely do so, but outside of that, the model isn't bad and fits the look of her given role based on the lore.  

This new canoness is (mostly) great, I like the staff. Reminds me a bit of the classic metal canoness with the giant ecclesiarchical icon that I always assumed she righteously beat people with.

The collar looks ridiculous though, I'm going to chop it and give her a giant flaming torch on her backpack like she should rightly have. Plastic means it'll be easy to fix at least.

Edited by ATPete