BSB Speculation

ERJAK

I hope they don't introduce too many new rules. You need to buy new things for Marines, whereas sisters have been chugging along with the same units for about 16 years now. Great long term investment.

That said if they don't produce a plastic Repressor they must be mad. It works so well with a short range shooting army, everyone already wants to use them and there's not even a model kit at the moment.

I want new rules and new units all over the place. If they don't it won't be too long until Sisters are as unplayable, even in only semi-competitive settings, as we were in 7th. 

We're fine...ish right now but I can literally FEEL the game starting to leave us behind.

Also, the whole point of the plastic line is to buy new things. I get it if people choose not to invest, but the goal on GW's side is 100% to get you to spend money on sisters and being able to just kick along without any new investment is unlikely. Since they're GOING to sell us new stuff anyway, they might as well sell GOOD new stuff.

I definitely want new rules and units.  I love the ones we have, otherwise I wouldn't have started the army in the first place, but I want to see cool new stuff too.  I just hope that they don't go overboard with the book keeping and rules that allow you to ignore other core rules of the game.  The new space marine rules are cool and thematic, but man having to keep track of what is currently firing at -1 AP or what ignores moving and firing because its a full moon and Calgar's personal chef is on the field kind of makes me wish we went back to the beginning of 8th when everyone only had index lists.

So the sm chaplains have their litany rules under the heading -priest!

What does that mean for our priests...are we going to get an AS version?

Are we even getting new priests? We haven't seen any of the ministorum units beside Pengines yet. They might just use the beta codex datasheet and keep the old model.

Taddeus and Pious may be released as a ministorum kit. We haven't seen previews of Battle Conclave units yet, but Knosso Prond from the Kill Team Rogue Trader box is a new Death Cult Assassin sculpt and Gottfried from Blackstone Escalation is  new Crusader sculpt. 

I like the fact that Prond has 40k rules that make her a character, but she also works as a Counts As DCA. I'm hopint they add her because I want them to fix her keywords so she integrates more easily with Ministorum/ DCA Units.

I'm actually disappointed with this one and think the model looks too busy. Scrolls, doves, a book, monstrance, chirugeon's tools and a dying battle sister?

As a centerpiece, I think it works fine. As a model on the tabletop? Way, way too much.

I think she definitely looks great, as for how busy she is, I'm probably just not gonna put the doves on, I didn't put them on Celestine and honestly to me the doves never seemed to fit with the grim dark, martyr or bust, theme of the army. Other than that and maybe the dying battle sister everything else seems fine.

I love it, will be nice to have a couple in my Hospitaller order.  What I'm curious about is how the model is connected to the scenic base.  I hope they don't do something like some of the easy build kits where a foot is part of the base.

I think she definitely looks great, as for how busy she is, I'm probably just not gonna put the doves on, I didn't put them on Celestine and honestly to me the doves never seemed to fit with the grim dark, martyr or bust, theme of the army. Other than that and maybe the dying battle sister everything else seems fine.

good thing she's not very good on the tabletop then!

good thing she's not very good on the tabletop then!

As a 30 point model that typically heals 5.5 points of models a turn, it can certainly be tricky to get value out of her.

True -- though you bring back 1 multimelta and she's paid for herself.

She's a character though, so she can be martyred. If they fix acts of faith enough, that could add value.

It looks like there are a lot of customization options- assuming that the foot isn't attached to the scenic base, two heads and two monstrances, plus the easy conversion of excluding doves... that's a lot of builds! You could by four of these kits and make a really sweet vanguard detachment, even if it is only worth 1 cp

I'd like to use the casualty base on a few models in the army, especially if the Order of Our Martyred Lady retains their role as Martyrs- a lot of that rides on new faith rules though. Now that they've made prayers a mechanic for other factions, I think that's what they might do for us.

Also announced this week, Blackstone Escalation = Gottfried the Crusader. My Ecclesiarchal battle conclave is going to include Vorne, Prond and Gottfried, even if I have to field them as "counts as" models. Sorry for the tangent.

I've always found it to be one of those situations that sounds good until you try it. The multimeltas would always the last units to be removed from the squad and so the hospitaller only comes into play in those cases where the other player has directly fire at the squad... and then stopped short of taking off the last two or three wounds when the (soon to be highly conspicuous) hospitaller is standing right there with them.

And even then it doesn't work half the time.

The biggest flaw in all this would be taking a squad of multimeltas in the first place :p

I've always found it to be one of those situations that sounds good until you try it. The multimeltas would always the last units to be removed from the squad and so the hospitaller only comes into play in those cases where the other player has directly fire at the squad... and then stopped short of taking off the last two or three wounds when the (soon to be highly conspicuous) hospitaller is standing right there with them.

And even then it doesn't work half the time.

The biggest flaw in all this would be taking a squad of multimeltas in the first place :p

If you bring back a sister who takes a bullet that would have gone for a multimelta, it counts too, I think? I usually only bring hospitalliers in small, cities of death games, and between her and the AoF, that sister squad is near impossible to remove.

Sigh, another Tuesday, another BSB. What fresh disappointment do we have today?

*reads*

Hmm...strong potential. Definitely better than the last couple.

Not a fan of the book, it hides the surgical tool a bit too much. Wouldve preferred her to be in a pose that has her actually doing her medical job.

Has it's little baggy things- like the second fluer on the chest plate. Old one has a more ornate one whereas this ones fluer is just...There. Prefer the old one on that detail but can certainly live with model.

Could make a cool Hospitaller Cannoness conversion- especially with this scenic base.

....aaaand now I'm buying at least 2, one to.make the "cannoness" Hospitaller and the other to fill out the 3rd slot in a vanguard detachment.

Finally, I am actually interested in seeing a models options.

Over all I like it. If using the scenic base though, going to have to make the sister much more wounded. Few little shots to the torso? Nah, gonna take a little more than that to put a sister down- and make a hospitaller give up on the medical treatment :p

Just hope the rules make her worth the slot as I have had no luck with her when I've run her.

Ideally a FNP bubble would be amazing.