Forge World Bans

Schlitzaf

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if there's a bit of repetition.  

I've been a MASSIVE FW proponent for years and years now - even when FW was noteably stronger. 

FW now (on the whole) is more balanced - if not more nerfed - than it's ever been.  There are precious few FW units I care to use anymore because theyre debilitatingly costly and/or underpowered. 

There is a weird residual FW fear from the early days when it was so separate, and so experimental.  

It's similar (in my mind) to people that seek to ban "special characters". 

There's really no good reason for this.  If people are worried about undercosted, or overpowered units, they need to write in to have those costs addressed - like they were for the other units.  

This odd, artificial player-constructed division between legal models is the enforcement of subjective judgement over others' fun.  Not a fan of it. 

Games Workshop hobbles (read: screws) their store managers sales capabilities to such a point that banning FW isn't going to help them make their sales. Its a losing prospect. It's actually kinda humorous some GW store managers would seriously try and ban FW from their store.

Realize that for only around 10%, of GW North America's store managers foe example, are on a real career track and everyone else is very temporary. I can't comment on the status for other parts of the world.

Allow Forgeworld and start looking for a real job with a real company that values all of its employees.

I haven't read the whole thread, so apologies if there's a bit of repetition.

I've been a MASSIVE FW proponent for years and years now - even when FW was noteably stronger.

FW now (on the whole) is more balanced - if not more nerfed - than it's ever been. There are precious few FW units I care to use anymore because theyre debilitatingly costly and/or underpowered.

There is a weird residual FW fear from the early days when it was so separate, and so experimental.

It's similar (in my mind) to people that seek to ban "special characters".

There's really no good reason for this. If people are worried about undercosted, or overpowered units, they need to write in to have those costs addressed - like they were for the other units.

This odd, artificial player-constructed division between legal models is the enforcement of subjective judgement over others' fun. Not a fan of it.

AMEN! Edited by Slips
Avoid double posting if possible.