+++BCK's Conversion Challenge: Necromunda Winner+++

I really thought I would have this finished by now, but this been one of the most troublesome conversions I've done in a long time. At least it's getting close to done and is finally coming together. 

lP5DMWz.png

Just a few more things to check off the list and I'll be done. I'd thought about trying for one more figure before the contest ends, but I might need a break after this gal. 

Way back in original Necro I used the Escher leader with the trench coat as the leader for my Orlock gang. I wanted a similar thing for Newmunda but the only trenchcoat-esque minis were the Delaques and they were not anything close to what I wanted. So I decided I would have to be without and planned on using a Slate Merdena conversion as my leader until I saw how flipping big he is. Then Apollus Kage came along and I knew that was the way to go.

Calling this done now. I tried BCK’s idea for the tabard but couldn’t make it fit properly, was too wide to start off and then trimmed it too much. So more practice is required. Went back to the original but cleaned it up a little. Added the chainsword to the belt on the back and I’m ready to move on. A fitting leader for my Orlocks.

48762849018_4308f48a11_o.jpg

48763168701_856691f586_o.jpg

Now for the next conversion.

I, HvitrValdyr, pledge to convert one Ratskin Scout (unruled) in the Conversion Challenge on or before September 30, 2019

Edited by HvitrValdyr

Brother Dallo, is that a poxwalker on a cadian body?

Brother Chaplain Kage, it might have been a troublesome conversion but it certainly looks good. Well worth the effort.

HvitrValdyr, Looks great.

I have finished my second pledged Ganger. I present one Ganger with a heavy weapon, I think I will call it a Multi Melta as I don’t think Grave Cannons are a think in Necromunda.

gallery_29932_13153_29403.jpg

The gun conversion still ended up a bit too big for what I had intended, but I think that’s fine, there is only one of them in the squad gang.

On to the third, and probably last conversion for the challenge (unless the bits I ordered arrive, then there may be one more)

I,Trokair, pledge to convert one Ganger (Ruled) for House Van Saar in the Conversion Challenge on or before September 30, 2019.

gallery_29932_13153_101986.jpg

This is a second attempt at what I wanted to do with the first Conversion, I have trimmed the weapon stock down more, so it might now work.

I tried BCK’s idea for the tabard but couldn’t make it fit properly, was too wide to start off and then trimmed it too much. So more practice is required.

Oh man, I have done that same thing so many times I can't believe I didn't even think to caution you about it. Still, a handy technique for easily knocking out some loincloths and such. 

And at long last, Heavy Stubber Gal is done. 

LKBqBs3.png

I tried BCK’s idea for the tabard but couldn’t make it fit properly, was too wide to start off and then trimmed it too much. So more practice is required.

Oh man, I have done that same thing so many times I can't believe I didn't even think to caution you about it. Still, a handy technique for easily knocking out some loincloths and such. 

Lesson learned and I’ll definitely try it again in the future.

Heavy Stubber gal looks so good!

Said I was taking a break but the converting disease decided I needed to jump right back in with another one. 

Escher gang leader before:

TWt2dmj.png

Escher gang leader "sketch" to try out the pose I am shamelessly stealing from Lelith Hesperax. 

FsyhQCM.png

There is more progress on the legs, but putty is curing now and will update later. 

Why should the male figures have all the muscles? These are warrior women, right? :smile.:

I ain't saying it's a problem. But that's gotta be skintight leather pants or a bodysuit is all I'm saying :lol: She's got a suitably massive gluteus maximus though, fitting for someone who's kicking rear and taking names. :tu:

She's kind of a replacement for a death cult assassin character I was making with an Oyumaru copy of Lelith Hesperax. 

McS2KyL.png

Problem is, the model got broken into pieces during the move due to me not packing that box very well and also because I didn't put enough greenstuff into the greenstuff/Miliput mix which made it very brittle. The parts that came off are unrecoverable so I decided to use the same idea on the Escher leader. 

And yes, there is an Armored Bodyglove piece of equipment that you can buy for your gang members, and well, it fits like a glove.