Today in Titanicus I...

Oh and just now - Accidently bought a 2nd Warlord

It's easily done. I seem to have four.

Well I wanted the alternative weapons sprue which is £26 form GW or i could get the full Titan for £52 from my FLGS....

Three are enought for me. I got the Plasma sprue two time and gave most of the second sprue (minus one plasma) to a beginner from my LGW. 

Yesterday i had have my second game against this beginner. Warprunners vs Tiger Eyes. Victory for Legio Astorum! We both run an Axiom Demi-Maniple (Warlord, 1 Reaver, 1 Warhound)

Because we´re both beginners we made so many mistakes. But non the less we had have so much fun. First kil had been his Warhound in round 2. His Reaver died in round 4. My Warlord went down in round 5, his Warlord in round 6.

Most awesome moment was when his Warlord lost his shields. All he got so far had been three points damage to the torso for +1 modifier. My Warhound sneaked into his Warlords side and fired with his Plasma Blast Gun. I used maximal fire. He looked at his command terminal and said not much damage so far. He can take it. The hound fired, hit the torso and i threw two 6! for the armour roll! His Warlord didn´t looked very pretty after that!

My FLGS AT campaign starts very soon so I was reading the WD ‘make your own Legio’ article and it made me laugh. It talks about famous Legios and that this article is to help you give the ones who aren’t famous rules and traits. And the very first famous Legio named? Ignatum... which doesn’t have rules...

Anyway, just felt it was an odd choice by the writer. Back to picking traits for me!

EDIT: So Multiple Warhead Launchers - would that mean a Warlord’s Apocs would Fire 30 STR 3 shots? That’s gotta be good for shield popping no?

Edited by Burni

Ignatum is either going to be worth the wait or a complete wimper :D

I have a strange feeling they are going to be one of the last because of their normal operating theatre of the Sol system.

Yeah there’s an option to take that along with the Mortis thing that raises the strength of missiles by 1 the first time they fire. Otherwise no effect on shields. Possibly good vs very damaged titans. Overall I’m not sure it’s worth spending two of your four traits on a one-shot shield stripper.

My FLGS AT campaign starts very soon so I was reading the WD ‘make your own Legio’ article and it made me laugh. It talks about famous Legios and that this article is to help you give the ones who aren’t famous rules and traits. And the very first famous Legio named? Ignatum... which doesn’t have rules...

Anyway, just felt it was an odd choice by the writer. Back to picking traits for me!

EDIT: So Multiple Warhead Launchers - would that mean a Warlord’s Apocs would Fire 30 STR 3 shots? That’s gotta be good for shield popping no?

You can wound a Questoris or Cerastus on a 9, the rule says they're meant to saturate the target area against light targets.

Str 3 can’t pop shields.

Ahh pants. Forgot about that. Back to picking wargear then!

EDIT: it’s definitely one of those rules that could be too powerful if they forget about it and introduce a permanent +1 to a future Legio.

Edited by Burni

Might be getting a game in next week so today I will get my Titans back out of the box and attempt to finish painting the bases and get any touch ups done that my need! Defensor will walk again! Might get a second warlord for Christmas since baby is due in 2 weeks time so hobby time and funds will go out of the window :D 

TIAT I noticed a couple of items disappeared from GW's website. No idea if it is a glitch or something more permanent. Last time I checked there were 41 references, it is down to 35 now (I checked both for UK and Belgium): Warlord, Knights, Loyalist and Traitor Titans of Legend command terminals as well as Warlord weapons cards and a 6th item which escapes my memory are gone. It is weird as the Knights command terminals were just back online a few days ago.

The Warlord terminals have been last chance to buy for a while now along with the Reaver ones. The Titans of Legend are still available via the bundle. I also have a page open with the Knight Terminals but they do not seem to be listed under the Titanicus brand.

TIAT i did a lot of drybrushing leadbelcher. Jeez, those are large models.

Considering the S3 Avenger discussion, get in the rear of a titan with a damaged location, do the targeted attack because with that number of shots you'll land some hits, then profit from that effectively strength 7 gun spitting lead for that final hit. Then there's coordianted strike, though i doubt you forgo the shooting of an entire banner for that s4 Avenger.

The Warlord terminals have been last chance to buy for a while now along with the Reaver ones. The Titans of Legend are still available via the bundle. I also have a page open with the Knight Terminals but they do not seem to be listed under the Titanicus brand.

Seemed it was a temporary glitch as this morning there are once more 41 references, with all the ones missing when I checked yesterday back.

I've used Axiom and Venator - I love the free shot with Venator but damn I really needed the ability from the Axiom to keep rolling for orders when one of my Warhounds failed. 

(It would have helped if I remembered to use Defensors other special rule though when they get +1 to command roles when something dies, my Knights died every game and I never remembered the buff!)

Edited by Reyner

I like Myrmidon, mainly because I like warlords. Ferrox is lots of fun too, with nice bonuses for being close to the enemy (when I remember them).

I've tried Regia without a lot of success, but I think it could be very good if you have the right weapons on the different titans. Fortis might just be better though.

Would Myrmidom work with a long range and close range Warlords? One with my volcano, quake and missiles with the other rocking macro gatler, plasma and lasers/gatling blasters on carapace? With the Reaver moving up with the close range Warlord intercepting threats and stuff. 

Would Myrmidom work with a long range and close range Warlords? One with my volcano, quake and missiles with the other rocking macro gatler, plasma and lasers/gatling blasters on carapace? With the Reaver moving up with the close range Warlord intercepting threats and stuff. 

Yeah that's how I tend to run mine, though with two of the plasma/gatling warlords. They are great.

My only issue with the maniple is that it doesn't do much good for its reavers. They don't generally gain as much from first/split fire as warlords do. I've run a 1750 point list with three warlords and a reaver and that works pretty well.

Today in Titanicus I will be playing my first game (hopefully)

Got a friend coming round later for some giant stompy robot action the table is all set up and ready.

It will be the first game for both of us, I've ready the rules a few times but he hasn't

Forces are

Force 1:

Warlord - Apoc Missiles, Big Volcano Cannon, Plasma Annihilator

Warhound- 2x Turbo Laser

Warhound, Vulcan Mega Bolter, Plasma blastgun

Force 2:

Reaver - Apoc Missiles, Little Volcano Cannon, Laser Blaster

Reaver - Turbo Lasers, Gatling Blaster, Melta Cannon

6x Q-Knights - 2x Melee + Avenger, 2x Melee + Battle cannon, 2x Melee+ Thermal Cannon

and that's basically everything I've got built accept for 1 A-Knight

We are not going to bother with Maniples, Strategems or Legion Traits for the first game