Today in Titanicus I...

Carrying on my slightly time-lagged TIAT updates, here’s some buildings that I finally got round to doing a couple of weeks ago! The layout for the larger building at the back was mostly stolen from Warsmith Uveron! The smaller buildings are a bit pointless in Titanicus, but were really made with Aeronautica in mind.

bsKLdqb.jpg

CW4IG3f.jpg

kw1jtZy.jpg

YIAT I introduced someone new to the game - it's the first time I've played since February or march and first time I played without the advanced rules since February last year, so it took _way_ longer than it should have done. I'd unfortunately forgotten my Warhound terminals so had to play 1 reaver Vs 1 warlord. Though it should have been by no means balanced, his rolls were so atrocious I was actually forced to consciously make bad decisions so I wouldn't blow up the Warlord before we got to seeing anything meaningful in the game, and even when slugging it out with no shields left we were hardly able to sent each others titans....

I think he still had fun and is intrigued enough to play again with a couple of proxies - fingers crossed I manage to induct him for good before he tempts me over to blood bowl or AoS

Looking good, Zodd. Always nice to see some funky non-symmetrical shapes, makes the buildings feel more natural when they aren't huge skyscrapers.

Thanks! Yeah, you can get creative with these kits, but they don’t always go together so we’ll if you’re trying to push the envelope on what they’ll do! If you hold them up to the light there’s a couple of cracks you can see straight through...

I am really liking the scenery General Zodd, I just got another box as I have seen a cathedral someone made and I wanted a centre piece for the centre of the table.

Never thought about basing them to make them easier to move about. How did you do that?

I am really liking the scenery General Zodd, I just got another box as I have seen a cathedral someone made and I wanted a centre piece for the centre of the table.

Never thought about basing them to make them easier to move about. How did you do that?

Thanks! I had some 3D printed ruins off eBay already done, which needed basing, so I did the buildings to match. Downside is you can’t stick them on just any table, but I prefer the look of it. It’s just 1.5mm plasticard I bought relatively cheap off t’internet, then cut to shape with some decent scissors, and cleaned up/rounded off with a modelling knife. Apart from the smallest ones I’ve made them hollow so some of them can fit inside like Russian dolls to cut down on storage.

Once they were glued together I used PVA to put some patches of small slate and the rest is my usual basing sand, then that was undercoated at the same time as the rest of the building.

Glad you guys like them! And I also have a cathedral to show off too, but that can wait until I’ve shown you these comically overlarge statues;

DYRrrrI.jpg

jASJsie.jpg

I umm’ed and aah’ed about colours for giant statues for ages, but eventually took the plunge and tried to get a Statue of Liberty look. Started with Leadbelcher spray, Snakebite Leather Contrast, a very light spray of Army Painter space wolf rattle can to give it some texture, then a couple of coats of Nihilakh Oxide. Once that was dry I mixed Corax White and some more Oxide to do extra lines and lowlights.

Edited by General Zodd

TIAT some vast ships appeared on my location and started to deploy reinforcements to the loyalist cause :wink:

Behold my new Legion!

20200813 162251

What you see here is going to be the bulk of my force. I might add a Warbringer or a Psy-Titan later, and I will definitely buy the Gatling and the Quake arm for the Warlord, but I would like to have these models be the backbone of my new collection.
I'm not sure which loyalist Legion to pick, or if I should go full nuts and make my own (I haven't ordered Defence of Ryza yet). Lysandra or Crucius looks interesting because of the white panels, and I didn't have much experience with white even. 

The statues are great, Zodd.

Excellent work.

Thanks Schoon! And to finish up my TIAT backlog, I have my cathedral, with banana-coloured reaver for scale;

ccb8wTM.jpg

OnjP3pX.jpg

eahyGBN.jpg

I built this with removable dome caps and rear towers so it’ll fit in my storage box, and made the base hollow so I can put other buildings inside;

aFSdfOO.jpg

pjwvDJt.jpg

In that final picture you can also see the sprue off cuts I used to reinforce the large roof, which I think is something of a necessity with these kits!

For the big Statues and the smaller ones.

I really love the green on the Cathedral :D

Those were the ones! Though I managed to get just the bits I needed from eBay rather than getting the whole building too.

Thanks! I wanted to have some colour on the grey buildings, so thought a nice dark green would contrast well.