Today in Titanicus I...

Ah right. In that case I think the wasp in the oblique view is the 'official' legion icon, with the front-facing wasp head and the top-down wasp being variants or other prominent legion symbols. No idea what exact nuance of meaning is there specifically though.

The top-down wasp appears superimposed under the Collegia Titanica 'T' in one of the shield transfers with three skulls (Triad Ferrum Morgulus presumably) so maybe it's an... older version? Or like a more stately, diplomatic and less aggressive way of representing the legion. Thinking of heraldic beast attitudes here, like the main icon is a wasp rampant and this is a wasp passant. The whole system falls down a bit when applied to invertebrates though... This is all just spitballing anyway. The little cog-ring in the bottom right could be taken to show that the titan served as a garrison on Mars's Ring of Iron orbital belt.

When it comes to engine-specific icons, besides the general "axe means reaver" iconography, I suspect they've moved away from blocking off a section of the sheet as "Warlord transfers" because in practice plenty of them were the right size for use on Reavers or Warhounds and vice versa. Made it all a bit arbitrary.

Ah right. In that case I think the wasp in the oblique view is the 'official' legion icon, with the front-facing wasp head and the top-down wasp being variants or other prominent legion symbols. No idea what exact nuance of meaning is there specifically though.

The top-down wasp appears superimposed under the Collegia Titanica 'T' in one of the shield transfers with three skulls (Triad Ferrum Morgulus presumably) so maybe it's an... older version? Or like a more stately, diplomatic and less aggressive way of representing the legion. Thinking of heraldic beast attitudes here, like the main icon is a wasp rampant and this is a wasp passant. The whole system falls down a bit when applied to invertebrates though... This is all just spitballing anyway. The little cog-ring in the bottom right could be taken to show that the titan served as a garrison on Mars's Ring of Iron orbital belt.

When it comes to engine-specific icons, besides the general "axe means reaver" iconography, I suspect they've moved away from blocking off a section of the sheet as "Warlord transfers" because in practice plenty of them were the right size for use on Reavers or Warhounds and vice versa. Made it all a bit arbitrary.

Ah, okay. The reason why I asked was because the Ignatum and Tempestus transfers are the only transfers that don't have clear labeling of Warlord/Reaver/Warhound for the big Legio symbols and bits.

Additionally, I cleaned off the birthday present a friend of mine gave me. It wasn't wrapped, and it wasn't new. But man oh man, was I happy to get it!

0Zp6DWK.jpg

BGFRkrC.jpg

bplkAx2.jpg

Yup! The original Space Marine game, with all the terrain (including cardboard panels!) and several mostly complete marine sprues. My Legio Ignatum are going to have some Imperial Fists on their bases. :yes:

TIAT I painted the trim on my Reaver titan... so much trim!

utk1scYl.jpg

Yesterday I put together a mini tutorial for painting marble effects. https://www.reddit.com/r/adeptustitanicus/comments/krjqsv/quick_marble_tutorial/

Blimey that effect does look great! Thanks also for the tut

Blimey that effect does look great! Thanks also for the tut

No problem! I picked up generalities of the technique from various places but never saw any images of what it was actually meant to look like with the dried wet wipe. Hopefully this helps a few folks skip out some of the trial and error I went through. 

I really want to try the technique out on some Legio vulpa warhounds. I think glazing over flesh tearers red over the marble effect will look ace.  

Quick question all:

How would you go about painting House Taranis in their classic Blue-and-White scheme?

Taranis_Cerastus_000a.jpg

Looks like it'd be Kantor Blue with Drakenhof Nightshade recess shade?

Op1D4ZT.jpg

It's been a while but I believe I used Kantor blue layered up to Maccrage Blue washed with Druchii Violet (don't have Drakenhoff) 

Today I got this chap finished.

fkXqaHxl.jpg

@Borak. Many thanks! I’m really enjoying painting these up, plus I have the motivation now that a friend wants to play too.

That's a good looking Reaver! Your Praesagius are gorgeous, you should be very proud of them! Have your tutorial over on Reddit saved too. Thanks for that!

This weekend I took the plunge and made up the 2 warhounds from the starter set. I have to say, they went together far quicker and easier than I was expecting, even with the magnetisation! Their arms are a little wonky, but nothing that will be noticed in battle...I have to say I'm in love with these little models. They're gorgeous. I think I'll be going with Tempestus/Tempestor to give me the option of some Tzeetch Daemon-titans down the line.

gallery_58096_16840_84722.jpg

Edited by Xenith

Congrats on building your first engines Xenith. The Warhounds do go together really easily. The one-piece legs can also be chopped around a bit if you want to do different positions.

If you're doing Reavers next, take a bit of care. It's very easy to mess the legs up, by putting bits on the wrong sides (the feet or thighs, which look identical but are not). And any kind of angle at the ankle joint will often cause trouble later on, when you go to put the armour on. You have far less freedom of movement in that joint than it appears. Best bet is to stick the foot on pretty straight, then bend the toes or fill under it if it's not flat against the base.

So, it seems I've gotten people interested in Titanicus at my FLGS.

I'm going to have to help supply the titans, as some of them don't have the money presently to invest in Titanicus, but right now we've got four to five people counting myself. I'll also be the one painting most of them, so... Yay :lol:

Legios are:

1. Tempestus*
  2. Ignatum (me)
  3. Fortidus
  4. Magna
  5. Interfector
  6. Tritonis

One person is on the fence, but seems to be leaning towards Mortis.

* I'm donating my Tempestus to be the Store Army

Looks like quite the spread of Legios! Keep us updated!

TIAT I purchased a third Reaver....Going to star a second force alongside my Victorum. I have a problem. :blush.:

I mean, once the stuff I ordered last week for Titanicus* shows up I'll be starting up my log here. :yes: So I'll definitely be keeping you all updated

The player who chose Fortidus did so for the most amusing reason: He likes red. Once I gave him their fluff and pointed out "they're basically Crimson Fists as a Titan Legion with the Blood Angels colours" he was super into it :lol:

Two of the Starter boxes, a Plasma Warlord and Nemesis warbringer. One of the starters is for the Legio Magna player, the rest is for my Ignatum

TIAT I purchased a third Reaver....Going to star a second force alongside my Victorum. I have a problem. :blush.:

I mean, once the stuff I ordered last week for Titanicus* shows up I'll be starting up my log here. :yes: So I'll definitely be keeping you all updated

The player who chose Fortidus did so for the most amusing reason: He likes red. Once I gave him their fluff and pointed out "they're basically Crimson Fists as a Titan Legion with the Blood Angels colours" he was super into it :laugh.:

Two of the Starter boxes, a Plasma Warlord and Nemesis warbringer. One of the starters is for the Legio Magna player, the rest is for my Ignatum

Hey! That was my exact shopping list...I think 2 Hounds, 2 Reavers, 1 Warlord, and 1 Warbringer is a perfect jumping off point. Plenty of maniple options there.

Is Fortidus Red? I always thought they were a Copper color. Huh. 

The player who chose Fortidus did so for the most amusing reason: He likes red. Once I gave him their fluff and pointed out "they're basically Crimson Fists as a Titan Legion with the Blood Angels colours" he was super into it :laugh.:

Hey! That was my exact shopping list...I think 2 Hounds, 2 Reavers, 1 Warlord, and 1 Warbringer is a perfect jumping off point. Plenty of maniple options there.

Yeah, it's a good starting point. One of the Reavers will be turned into Iracundos, so that saves me some magnets.

And they come across as a metallic orangey-red:

Fortis_Battle_Maniple.png

So I'll probably paint the red areas with a pre-shaded copper base and Angron Red Clear over it

Edited by Gederas

Yeah, it's a good starting point. One of the Reavers will be turned into Iracundos, so that saves me some magnets.

And they come across as a metallic orangey-red:

Fortis_Battle_Maniple.png

So I'll probably paint the red areas with a pre-shaded copper base and Angron Red Clear over it

Oh very cool! that will look gorgeous

Good on you Gederas!

Without ambassadors for the game, we don't get new players involved. That's important to keep the community healthy.

Thanks! :lol:

I mean, my thing was I spent a bunch of money on the game, and other people showed interest, but no one but me seemed to have the disposable income to get Titanicus so.... I felt like paying it forward to the other guys at my shop :yes:

So tonight in Titanicus I got some Voldherr knights painted up to support my Praesagius. My head canon will be that my Knights and Titans will be from the battle of Calth; I want to paint up a Acheron for the duke and two castigators as his Life Guard.... I may have spent a bit of time surfing the Voldherr fandom wiki today... 

7JG5TOM.jpg

Today I got out my toys to take some better photos (everything in the album is painted in 2021 except the Acastus and the Cerastus). I think I need some more practice; product type photography has always been a dark art to me.  https://imgur.com/a/EF8i8S9

This evening I got my nemesis titan almost complete. r9irylX.jpg

Edited by MrSpoon