Today in Titanicus I...

I like the skull you put on the cowling of Lhurgoyf. What's the arm bit from?

They look like Maulerfiend tentacles to me.

Tyvm :) Yup the assault tendrils are the tips of Maulerfield tentacles, the Skull cowling is i think off the chaos terminator lord sprue as i have a bunch in my bitz box :) 

I finally took the plunge and bought the Adeptus Titanicus starter set plus a Warlord Titan today. Only questions are A) a color scheme for a custom Legio and B) whether I paint up two separate forces or not, since I don't know anyone who plays Titanicus and it might be easier to talk my friends into it if I have two ready-to-play Titan armies.

I finally took the plunge and bought the Adeptus Titanicus starter set plus a Warlord Titan today. Only questions are A) a color scheme for a custom Legio and :cool.: whether I paint up two separate forces or not, since I don't know anyone who plays Titanicus and it might be easier to talk my friends into it if I have two ready-to-play Titan armies.

keeping them as a single Legio would be fine, after all you're making them a homebrew one anyway, just say that they're one that split into both Loyalists and Traitors for games where you split up your collection to play with friends, just make sure each titan has something distinct/personalized about them to help both of you keep track of who is who.

Yes, definitely start with just one Legio.

It's easier on the paint collection, and you'll figure out your play style.

By the time you're ready for another Legio, your preferences will have changed.

Yes, definitely start with just one Legio.

It's easier on the paint collection, and you'll figure out your play style.

By the time you're ready for another Legio, your preferences will have changed.

besides, if you're painting up a homebrew Legio you can just handwave it and use any Legio's specific rules anyway with little compliant.

I finally took the plunge and bought the Adeptus Titanicus starter set plus a Warlord Titan today. Only questions are A) a color scheme for a custom Legio and :cool.: whether I paint up two separate forces or not, since I don't know anyone who plays Titanicus and it might be easier to talk my friends into it if I have two ready-to-play Titan armies.

Like RipOffProductions and schoon, I would also advice for painting them as a single Legio. You could use some magnets in the carapace for adding flags depicting loyalties if you want to split them into two forces for an introductory game with friends.

Tbh, the facing of the titans in a game largely gives away which side they're on. On the whole it's not common for titans to end up facing backwards, except in retrieval. So I wouldn't worry too much about getting confused as to which side the titans are on mid game, and you don't have so many to keep track of.

I'm actually going to go against the grain here, and advise you to think if there's a particular theme you want to go with for your custom Legio or battleforce. For example - I started out in Titanicus with a Legio Oberon force which I wanted to keep as light hunters, so I already knew I wanted my warlord in different colours. I only started on him after I'd pretty much completed my Oberon Venator Maniple. So yeah, think about what kinds of forces and maniples you might like :)

I think personally I'd recommend painting all your stuff in one scheme. Most Legios actually work fine for all classes of engine and it's nice to have the flexibility to field various different maniples. That's the approach I've taken with my Astorum. I've made my Mortis force more as a fixed list, partly because I don't intend to ever get a huge number of them.

If doing a homebrew Legio then I'd definitely paint everything in that scheme. You can pick traits to suit whatever battlegroup you're fielding - which is one of the probably unfair advantages homebrew Legios get. It's nice to be able to field all the different maniples too.

If doing two forces then maybe you could do one homebrew and one of the "official" Legios. If so, I'd recommend one of the ones with transfers. They do improve the look of the engines - especially things like the shields that really want some kind of symbols on.

If you have someone to play with his one legion then paint just one, if not you can throw i a biw of warhounds and start up two legios made of a pair of warhounds a single reaver, in a venator maniple for example

I tried the sharpie method on some practice plates for my Fureans, gold on the left and bronze on the right, with a wash of Agrax Earthshade over each. Obviously I’ll be more careful with the earthshade on the real ones! I think the gold looks better than the bronze with the yellow?

50896766663_b77403102c_c.jpg

I tried the sharpie method on some practice plates for my Fureans, gold on the left and bronze on the right, with a wash of Agrax Earthshade over each. Obviously I’ll be more careful with the earthshade on the real ones! I think the gold looks better than the bronze with the yellow?

50896766663_b77403102c_c.jpg

I agree that the gold came out looking better than the bronze. My problem in general is that gold or bronze tends to not contrast properly with fureans in general. I used a dark iron and feel like it's a lot better as a trim colour.

TITH I (nearly) completed my New Year New Army hobby vow. The two warlords need some detail work on the weapons and some dry brushing on the bases but I’m waiting on the oil paint to dry. Then it will be some weathering powders on all of them and it will be done... until the new Titan is released. (I have some other Voldherr knights, but they were painted up last year)

A80tKQd.jpg

jEtDsLk.jpg