Today in Titanicus I...

Good god just from the size of the foot that thing’s a monster. Definitely warlord plus in size, emphasis on the plus. I’m increasingly comfortable thinking of this as the missing link between the warlord and imperator, so to speak.

And very sharp linking it to the old Jes Goodwin art! I think the structural differences are such that this is well past being referred to as a warlord variant, any more than the warbringer is a reaver variant.

Good god just from the size of the foot that thing’s a monster. Definitely warlord plus in size, emphasis on the plus. I’m increasingly comfortable thinking of this as the missing link between the warlord and imperator, so to speak.

And very sharp linking it to the old Jes Goodwin art! I think the structural differences are such that this is well past being referred to as a warlord variant, any more than the warbringer is a reaver variant.

yup... though again I am concerned by those knee-to-crotch pistons and how they'll effect our ability to pose the Titan...

but yeah, this thing has two beefy looking guns("Quad"-Plasma things by default? hope to see the Missile and Melta(?) weapons from the original art eventually), a heavy las turret in at least one knee(if not both?), plus what seems to be some kind of AA(?) turrets on top... plus who knows what else might be hiding in the gaps between the glimpses or on the back... though I imagine the lighter point defense weapons wont get reflected in rules since they aren't useful at AT's scale, it's nice future-proofing for any Future Epic revival, or even a 40/30K scale version.

if this thing only has it's two arm weapons, they better be really hard hitting; though this thing also looks armored to the Warp and back, plus who knows how many Viod Shields, it might be more of a Tanky-Boy then a One-Shot-Killer/Glass-Cannon... or maybe it's both and will cost you a ton of points to field, because it earns its status as a God-Engine, even among its fellow kin.

I estimate its size at between 15-16.5cm in height and about 10cm in width (see here for my reasoning http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/368621-new-titan-class/?p=5656306)

I want one too, I would even dare to say I want three of them (subject to final pricing and available funding of course).

Hmm, I am thinking at least two... though my Homebrew Legio's Tarot card theme leaves me stumped who gets be be one:

obviously The Tower, it fits the name, and depending on weapon options could fit the theme of death and destruction better then most Titans already do.

but who else? The Hanged Man maybe? 

yup... though again I am concerned by those knee-to-crotch pistons and how they'll effect our ability to pose the Titan...

but yeah, this thing has two beefy looking guns("Quad"-Plasma things by default? hope to see the Missile and Melta(?) weapons from the original art eventually), a heavy las turret in at least one knee(if not both?), plus what seems to be some kind of AA(?) turrets on top... plus who knows what else might be hiding in the gaps between the glimpses or on the back... though I imagine the lighter point defense weapons wont get reflected in rules since they aren't useful at AT's scale, it's nice future-proofing for any Future Epic revival, or even a 40/30K scale version.

if this thing only has it's two arm weapons, they better be really hard hitting; though this thing also looks armored to the Warp and back, plus who knows how many Viod Shields, it might be more of a Tanky-Boy then a One-Shot-Killer/Glass-Cannon... or maybe it's both and will cost you a ton of points to field, because it earns its status as a God-Engine, even among its fellow kin.

It looks like some sort of rapid fire rotating plasma weapon on the left arm and some sort of colossal energised gatling gun, which makes my mind immediately go to "brawler warlord's older brother" but then it's surely going to be even slower than a warlord so who knows.

How about the Emperor and Judgement? Would seem fitting...

Emperor and Empress(I've already decided her name shall be "The Lady of Pain") are both being saved for Imperator Classes if/when those get a model.

Judgment? well I wanted Judgment and Justice to share the same class, and then form up the minimal elements of a Maniple with The Hanged Man... so they'll need to be decided as a full set down to their weapon load outs.

hmm... once we know more about this Titan's niche in combat/what other Titans it synergizes with in Maniples maybe I can think this through thematically.

Speaking of linking it to the old Jes Goodwin art, I'd love to see arm-mounted missile launchers for more Titans than just this one.

Someone did a spanking conversion of a "triple missile" Reaver, and sadly I cannot find the picture right now...

Speaking of linking it to the old Jes Goodwin art, I'd love to see arm-mounted missile launchers for more Titans than just this one.

Someone did a spanking conversion of a "triple missile" Reaver, and sadly I cannot find the picture right now...

Rhu did some cool conversions https://www.goonhammer.com/warlord-wednesdays-legion-focus-legio-vulturum/

but for a "triple missile" Reaver there are these two, the first being 28mm FW, the second the AT version

https://bloodofkittens.com/wargaminghub/2020/06/05/titan-weapons-warlord-and-reaver/

https://www.reddit.com/r/adeptustitanicus/comments/9epoq5/a_reaver_titan_in_dreadfire_configuration_now_gw/

If your magnets are aligned correctly, it is quite straightforward

Oooh yeah thats on my list for when i inevitably cave and buy the starter for Reavers #6/7 :D Though i do much prefer the versions with horizontal missile launchers, the warlord ones just look a bit off imho for some reason i cant put my finger on. That said i think i have some resin multiple rocket pods lying around i might try out too. 

Started the flames on my Warlord. I must admit, there’s been times today I’ve regretted picking Fureans...

50863521347_7eefdc292d_c.jpg

50862703508_e59e4a0e56_c.jpg

50863521137_7b30019510_c.jpg

Flames are pretty hard - I should know! These aren't bad at all.

Best advice is to practice getting shapes you're happy with. Look at other people's designs and pick a flame shape you like. Then practice drawing it on paper in pencil till you're happy with what you're getting. Then practice on some spare armour plates, and only then on your final ones.

Started the flames on my Warlord. I must admit, there’s been times today I’ve regretted picking Fureans...

Flames are pretty hard - I should know! These aren't bad at all.

Best advice is to practice getting shapes you're happy with. Look at other people's designs and pick a flame shape you like. Then practice drawing it on paper in pencil till you're happy with what you're getting. Then practice on some spare armour plates, and only then on your final ones.

Thanks! I’m reasonably happy with the shapes - they’re quite simple, and maybe not particularly realistic fire shapes, but I’d rather have simpler shapes that I can somewhat paint than try something much more complex and risk messing up. Also, if I do future ones much different this one won’t match now. Good advice though for sure - I do wish I’d practiced on a spare plate first as the first couple of plates I did are noticeably messier than the later ones. 

Finished off my Christmas knights from the wifeas been fairly hobby keen amongst the mayhem today :biggrin.: 

50867931548_eac1197014_o.jpg141547270_10159022094625797_6395804018785911524_o by Noserenda, on Flickr

Though i might tidy up the freehand now ive seen it bigly lol

Edited by Noserenda