Today in Titanicus I...

It appears that there'll be something for AT in Saturday's preview: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/01/18/prepare-for-big-reveals-in-the-next-warhammer-preview-online/ 

Most likely the new titan, I expect. Wonder if anything else as well.

IzGC59UZfF6wOrbl.jpg

Edited by Mandragola

We should have an Engine Kill article next Tuesday, too! So that could expand on what we see this weekend, or be its own preview for another new thing. If it's the new Titan + new supplement format, maybe we'll see the Titan on the weekend and a preview of a supplement with maniples for it on Tuesday, or something like that. Or maybe we'll get more Knights :teehee:

I’m not sure book+Titan releases are a thing really. Shadow and Iron came out the same time as the warbringer and Psi-titan. No other books have been accompanied by titans, or none that I’m aware of.

I do want books and titans and hopefully that’s what we’ll get, but this isn’t a pattern.

One other thing that they could preview is the bellicosa warbringer.

That's fair. I should have said "supplement + new plastic kit format." That's what I had in mind when I replied earlier, but I guess I was too excited and didn't check my wording. I was thinking about the Crucible of Retribution Defence of Ryza + Acheron/Castigator release as a recent example when I typed that :wacko.:

Realistically, we'll probably just see the Titan from the New Years preview on Saturday, and then an Engine Kill article showing off a new weapon card and a Gryphonicus color plate from its boxart, or something. I'd love to be wrong and see more stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's just that, either. Or yes, a Bellicosa Warbringer on Saturday and a "tactics article" on it on Tuesday, if we really want to temper expectations. I think the context of what else is being previewed, vs what was shown in the video, is strong enough for us to expect to see more of the new Titan, though.

edit: mixed up supplements above already too. Geez. That's a fun slip, as Crucible would be the best example that there isn't a pattern of supplements alongside plastic releases, but for the rest, they all came out with something. I had to check & make sure I wasn't going crazy to have that impression in the first place...

Edited by LetsYouDown

I’m not sure book+Titan releases are a thing really. Shadow and Iron came out the same time as the warbringer and Psi-titan. No other books have been accompanied by titans, or none that I’m aware of.

I do want books and titans and hopefully that’s what we’ll get, but this isn’t a pattern.

One other thing that they could preview is the bellicosa warbringer.

Actually, for the first Titanicus release of the year, it might be a thing. Both Jan 2019 (Titan death) and Feb 2020 (Shadow and Iron) had massive Titanicus releases, with last years being the largest Titanicus release ever for the system. Both years came with a supplement and a titan set (titandeath came with the melta reaver). I’m hopeful that with a major BL title this year might be more like last and we might even see a FW kit as well (my hope is corrupt Titans or knights)

whenever we get a new Titan we'd also need new Maniples to utilize them with, and thus a new book. not an unreasonable expectation.

That’s a good point. We’ll need a way to field this new engine, I agree.

I guess it looks like they do typically group AT releases together. I’d forgotten the times the plastic releases had been knights. Abs crucible coming out with no kits just shows they sometimes release books without kits, but they still never release kits without books.

So I guess overall it’s more than reasonable to expect a book.

whenever we get a new Titan we'd also need new Maniples to utilize them with, and thus a new book. not an unreasonable expectation.

That’s a good point. We’ll need a way to field this new engine, I agree.

I guess it looks like they do typically group AT releases together. I’d forgotten the times the plastic releases had been knights. Abs crucible coming out with no kits just shows they sometimes release books without kits, but they still never release kits without books.

So I guess overall it’s more than reasonable to expect a book.

The Forge World Mechanicum Knights were Crucible's release no?

really I'm more excited about the new lore/fluff, a whole new class of Titan will take some explaining after all.

Actually not that much explaining. There have always been other classes in the lore. We hear about things like the Rapier or Nightgaunt, for example. They've never said that the classes we've seen models of are the only ones that exist, though I think they're meant to be the most common ones.

really I'm more excited about the new lore/fluff, a whole new class of Titan will take some explaining after all.

Actually not that much explaining. There have always been other classes in the lore. We hear about things like the Rapier or Nightgaunt, for example. They've never said that the classes we've seen models of are the only ones that exist, though I think they're meant to be the most common ones.

yes, but now they need to flesh out the details beyond "yeah, there's more, just not here where you're looking".

We've seen depictions of Titan conflicts in the AT books retroactively alter the classes of Titan present compared to previous depictions in the FW Heresy Black Books, so I'd imagine that'll continue going forward - other patterns of Titan would've been present at a bunch of conflicts already covered, and just saying they were going forward feels a lot less jarring than trying to explain away why they'd just never come up before. 

Garro on Facebook just posted a foot shot of the new beast. Has a lass cannon on its knee, looks beefy, and has a hanging tilt shield. I’m now really of the opinion it’s and updated version of that old nightgaunt artwork and is gonna be one really big boy Edited by The boater

Looks like the new Titan is definitely based off that Jes Goodwin concept art, down to the little knee-mounted defensive cannon and everything.

1N0OEfR.jpg?1

edit: the boater beat me to the thought!

Here's the Jes Goodwin art to compare it to, fwiw:

WBxuyca.jpg?1

There's no doubt that it's an entirely new class at this point, and that it's definitely what we're seeing on Saturday. Now it's just a question of what scale it is and what it does, and what else might release alongside it, if anything. Edited by LetsYouDown

Looks like the new Titan is definitely based off that Jes Goodwin concept art, down to the little knee-mounted defensive cannon and everything.

There's no doubt that it's an entirely new class at this point, and that it's definitely what we're seeing on Saturday. Now it's just a question of what scale it is and what it does, and what else might release alongside it, if anything.

there's no way this thing isn't the rumored "bigger than a Warlord" titan we've heard mentioned in interviews.

this Titan even seems to have the extra piston connecting to the knee joint to the crotch like the old art(hmm, how badly will that effect posability?), so yeah... do we have a name for that piece?

Edited by RipOffProductions

1N0OEfR.jpg?1

edit: the boater beat me to the thought!

Here's the Jes Goodwin art to compare it to, fwiw:

WBxuyca.jpg?1

There's no doubt that it's an entirely new class at this point, and that it's definitely what we're seeing on Saturday. Now it's just a question of what scale it is and what it does, and what else might release alongside it, if anything.

My guess is that this will retain its name from the concepts sketch. It titandeath Nightgaunts were referred to as a separate class from the warlord (at least in Legio Vulpa’s eyes), and I am definitely thinking it is going to be slightly bigger than one. They might call it a nemesis warlord instead, but that sounds kinda not right with how different this will be from a standard warlord. I’m still freakin excited about it

My guess is that this will retain its name from the concepts sketch. It titandeath Nightgaunts were referred to as a separate class from the warlord (at least in Legio Vulpa’s eyes), and I am definitely thinking it is going to be slightly bigger than one. They might call it a nemesis warlord instead, but that sounds kinda not right with how different this will be from a standard warlord. I’m still freakin excited about it

The Nightgaunt & Carnivore classes have been mentioned as "mid-classes" a few times now, so I'm not sure if this will be the Nightgaunt if it's on the heavier side. Guy Haley's description of how Atarus deploys against Vulpa in the Titandeath novel is almost ripped straight from the relevant Atarus section in HH2: Massacre. I don't think I've seen Jes Goodwin's concept labeled as anything before, either. It definitely doesn't have a caption in the OG AT88 rulebook or in the The Gothic and the Eldritch collection of Jes's sketches.

THAT SAID... what is functionally a mid-class for a Titan? Are the Imperator/Apocalypse/Warmonger the heavy classes? Would that make the Warlord a mid-class?? So maybe this new thing is a Nightgaunt. It's certainly a cool name.

All I know is that if this was what the plastic budget was used for, then I'm fine with the mechanicum knights being resin. I'll also be very impatient for its release if it follows the standard gw "few months after preview" trend.

Very excited though; it'll hopefully add a new dimension to AT, but should definitely add more base space for 6mm figures to go on!

I don't think I've looked forward for the release of a GW model for ages. It looks awesome.

I'm pretty sure Reavers are 'light' battle titans and Warlords 'Heavy battle titans'. So maybe this is either something larger than a warlord or just a 'battle titan' so some where between a Warlord and a Reaver (so Nemesis scale). Although, by the amount of detail makes me feel like it's either the same size or bigger than a Warlord