Today in Titanicus I...

The rulebook is full of gems. Like stratagems not scattering on a hit roll on the Scatter Die, death craters not being optional if you have them, I even think some of the optional rules could do with another look, like power transfer. Long range titans could use their shield tracks to power draining weapons, on the basis their own shields are less important.

2 hours ago, noigrim said:

TiAT I realized that epix titans are at a scale of 1:10 with 40k models.

The forgeworld warlords is 60cm while the 80s warlord is 6cm

Around that size, yeah. Current AT is 1/4, old FW airplanes and later Epic vehicles hovered around 1/5 and titans were half of that in scale even then, so about 1/10.

Motivating the Warmaster's painting, today I wrote the scenario for our annual Mega-Titanicus. This time it's going to be on two tables, with ~12 or more expected players and plenty of fender benders in the making.

On one table, we've got an all out assault from the traitors agains a fortified siege line. On the other table, we've got a nearby island full of airfields and logistics, pumping support to the fight as it suddenly comes under attack from the other traitor force that marched under the waves to take it down. Some fun little interactivity there, we'll see how the battle shakes out as supplies and bombs fly down from the second table onto the main fight.

1153090-.png

1153091-.png

Me and my camera will be happy campers, regardless :)

6 hours ago, schoon said:

I like your Reinforcements rule, Sherrypie.

Where are those from (to include your own brain)?

To quote a renowned politician, my source is I made it the f*** up :D

The original inspiration came from the narrative mission Titandeath. Last mega-battle used it every round, which came with its own baggage in an attacker-defender scenario, so this iteration saw some restrictions. We'll see how it goes down this weekend.

@Sherrypie Excidium Ultimum is fantastic! I love it. Conveys a wonderful mix of grandeur and terror. 

Today in Titanicus I made a bit more progress on a Warlord for my Legio Vulturum. The Lammergeier (for that is the engine's name) is not finished - still plenty of detail to add - but I feel she can now walk and bring ruin to those who stand in the way of the masters of Xana II: 

IMG_20221123_182053075.jpg

IMG_20221123_182127715~2.jpg

So, that was a nice AT night... the first game went so fast that we decided to go for a rematch. Got two very distinct games there.

I took a Supportlord, mutated Clawlord and Dakkalord as Extergimus, reinforced by some Cerasti and Armigers for 2k. Opponent had a mixed Corsair with extra Supportlord, Cerasti and an Asterius.

Game one was a conquest with spearhead deployment. My initial expectation of being outrun by the Corsair proved to be wrong. Lead by a nasty 2n turn warp displacement charge, my warlords totally boxed him in - a total wipeout without own losses by turn 4 at 33:5 points.

Next game was an acquisition via scattered fronts. I concentrated the 'Lords in one corner, having drawn a secondary to secure a landing pad with an astartes landing Bark. My Knights approached from the opposite, because I thought that would look like a professional pliers move. Opponent divided more or less equally. This time I was really outmaneuvered. The three Lords just couldn't cope with threat engagement from two sides and securing the primaries near the center. Plus my banners were pretty much wasted by the asterius. On long range, that one's a Monster! Game ended after five bitterly (inverse, that is :wink:) fought turns with a 25:25 draw.

I like the Clawlord, but to use it aggressively you need to build around it, which takes some variation from your general play.

Dakkalords (quad gatlings) are fun. In an Extergimus and possibly with an Experimental strat, they also deal out well, though some Mutation for reactor care might help.

The Grav ruinator was simply ok. Neither bad nor great. I think it would have been alright to make it strength 11 or even 112. Or give it an acc bonus on long range. AT 2x strenght 10, its often just not going to do much, even with damage Boni.  Will test it more, however.

Edited by Tar Aldarion

Mine sat in the pile for a year until I had the idea for how to make it stand out.

Initially I thought a jesus-esque walking on water would be interesting, but I don't think it would work. Then I thought Moses-esque might be more dynamic.

The claw is more for display, in game it will invariably have a Volkite and either Apocs or Gatlings.

34 minutes ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

I agree some white would help, picking them back out you mean?

I just don't trust my ability to do it neatly enough!

Yeah, now there is a wide flat-ish field of colour but no stark glow that casts it. The effect is a bit dull, rather than lit up. Going over the runes with fine white lines, or even giving the glow some brighter gradient towards the middle, would nicely light up tha visual effect.