Today in Titanicus I...

Quick question Fraters, does anyone have a source to the footprint of the card dropzone commander buildings, our group stores them centrally but i want to make some basic ruined versions for when we blow them up, we had been using old epic ruins but they are very differently sized! 

8 hours ago, Sword Brother Adelard said:

As in the dimensions of the building bases?

Yes please, i did get some numbers elsewhere but more sources = more accuracy if its not a bother :) 

• 1 month later...

Not sure if anyone is interested in this but I have finally managed to get hold of an AT-scaled Ork 'gargant'. Its a 'Ramshackle Gargantuan' from Etsy and its a big boy! Has got some quite cool details, my favourite is that its feet are Land Raiders, and it has a cool little LED/explosion on the base. Will feel better now when this thing survives every Titan on the tabletop during a game :biggrin:

20230110_112748~2.jpg

20230110_112808~2.jpg

20230110_114543~2.jpg

Thanks guys! :thumbsup: Haha yes @Lord_BorakIyou are absolutely right, a lot of the sculpt is recasts of stuff. Definitely old Slasha Gargant bits, the feet themselves are a Land Raider and something else. Also some bits of more modern 3rd party proxies.

Now the problem is I need something on the Imperial side to square up against it. Hmmm :geek:

• 2 weeks later...

“I have won a Warlord in a game of chance” (actually just a popular auction site). It’s half built, in a pose I quite like, and upper body not yet attached to legs.

What are people’s thoughts about practicality on storage etc? Should i glue the 2 halves? Magnetise? Or just leave ‘em loose?

I'd glue them as well. It causes no end of confusion with facings and things. Less so with smaller Titans but with Warlords and Carapace Arcs people can get confused where the Carapace weapons are pointing (well, I do anything).

As for transportation. I use these https://www.feldherr.net/for/adeptus-titanicus They're really nice. Maybe not the best in terms of getting the most in your case but still good quality. 

Thanks for all the replies. The consensus seems magnets are too much fuss, apart from that we are divided on glue or not to glue.

I got out my son’s Warlord (unglued) and although it certainly helps with storage, it is annoying if you forget it’s not glued and drop half your model on the floor. 

I will probably glue (once the fiddly bits are painted). Maybe the alternative is to wrap tape around the central spike so it fits nice and snug but can be pulled apart if absolutely necessary.

TIT I built some terrain:

IMG20230211213343.jpg

A centre piece building which blocks shooting well, but allows small stuff to run through.

In addition, if the buildings are placed separately, by utter fluke, the bridge sections are exactly the right height to board a warlord!

16761513630646021317836342910127.jpg

Edited by Sword Brother Adelard