Today in Titanicus I...

On 7/4/2023 at 11:20 PM, Tar Aldarion said:

The market can probably be considered (by gw) to be too saturated with resin guns to be worth a relaunch in plastic. But I'd sure like to be proven wrong.

I guess the plastic Direwolfes already prove me wrong. That's great! If they're ready to plastify a whole niche titan, a few weapon upgrades might indeed be possible. At that point, I wonder if even new Titans might be a thing, eventually. The focus on smaller chassis lets me think of the long-rumoured sub-warhound classes. Exciting times!

And even more reason to get my hobby space reestablished soon.:smile:

I suspect we may well see a bunch of the resin weapons on plastic sprues, it saves on SKUs which FW used to be obsessed with, and its nothing specific but they certainly seemed keen to do multiple extra weapon sprues around the launch, if they have been sitting on AT releases the last long while we might see an extra sprue in every titan class box as they get re-badged for epic like they have for the warhound and (sort of) direwolf.

I may just be hitting the hopium hard though lol 

Hopefully it's a sign of things to come. I'd much prefer some more smaller or mid sized Titans in Titanicus. So the Rapier and this other Scale 7 Titan they keep hinting at in the books. This sort of scaled stuff would probably be a bit more useful in EPIC than hulking brutes like the Warmaster. Even if it is a walking arsenal (thinking of all those AA, battlecannons and lascannons).

Maybe we'll even see The Dominus Knights as well. 

Anyway, I'm currently printing off some Meltacannons and Missile pods for my Warhounds :D 

I'm happy with the dire wolf release, but also a bit baffled by it. I've already got a pair of these, one for Mortis and one for Astorum. They won't be especially huge sellers, will they? Most AT players who want them have them already and they're a niche option. I suppose these new weapon options might provide options other than the neutron laser, so perhaps we'd want more than one of the things.

Meanwhile I have some grey unpainted titans on sprues, and will probably find myself with a couple more when the epic box drops. I happened to order my free Warhammer+ model the other day and I included a set of Ignatum transfers with it. Maybe I'll be doing a third demi-legio, on flatter bases to support an epic force, perhaps involving Imperial Fists (my first 30k army) and Taranis Knights (my 40k knights). Maybe I won't bother.

To be honest, I wonder if the release of the smaller Titan classes first is because of two possible things:

1. Smaller battles will be the norm to begin with as collections start and gradually expand, so a focus on smaller Titan classes won't be too unbalancing.

2. Whilst the mini-tanks and infantry will be a draw for some, the option to have a Titan will be a draw for others. GW know that people split boxes - this way each person gets a Titan.

I do worry that, if 2 is true, it does speak for a belief that the box needs a 'big thing' in amongst the tinies to sell.

And the event was today. Got to play three games. Ended up walking away with three wins and a victory for the Traitors. 

I was surprised to find the plus 1 to Command checks was much more useful than the ignoring a Critical effect or repairing Crits on 4s from the Damicium traits.

Dallo

On 7/8/2023 at 12:56 AM, Mandragola said:

I'm happy with the dire wolf release, but also a bit baffled by it. I've already got a pair of these, one for Mortis and one for Astorum. They won't be especially huge sellers, will they? Most AT players who want them have them already and they're a niche option. I suppose these new weapon options might provide options other than the neutron laser, so perhaps we'd want more than one of the things.

Hard to say, really. FW resin is a deal-breaker for some, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there was at least initially a moderate "might as well, now" bump in sales from the people who'd just rather deal with nice plastic kits they can get from their local stores.

On 7/15/2023 at 9:58 PM, Brother Dallo said:

And the event was today. Got to play three games. Ended up walking away with three wins and a victory for the Traitors. 

I was surprised to find the plus 1 to Command checks was much more useful than the ignoring a Critical effect or repairing Crits on 4s from the Damicium traits.

Dallo

Damicium has some cool traits. The +1 command is incredibly good. I was running my 'mashed up' Legio Cariossus as Damicium for a while and really liked the rules. The 4+ repair crits doesn't come up often but it makes the large titans REALLY hard to take down. Any pictures of the event?

On 7/16/2023 at 12:54 AM, Sherrypie said:

Hard to say, really. FW resin is a deal-breaker for some, so I wouldn't be terribly surprised if there was at least initially a moderate "might as well, now" bump in sales from the people who'd just rather deal with nice plastic kits they can get from their local stores.

That's a good point. I suppose that if people see they won't have to use resin to play then that might attract more people as well, raising sales overall.

I had a couple of Games Yesterday. One against (my own) Knight household. The Knights did quite a bit better than I expected and are pretty much immune to small arms fire. Unfortunately (for me) I wasn't really packing any guns heavier than Gatling Blasters as I tend to concentrate on Chainfists to do the heavy lifting which meant the Knights could get close. Armigers I'm not going to underestimate again. Str8 fusion is still str8 fusion regardless who is shooting it. I was Also Impressed by the Mechanicum Knights, especially the Volkites. They put out a lot of Dakka.

The other game was 2300pts and we were both packing Warmasters. I was pretty much getting my posterior handed to me until my plucky Warhound Managed to kick the opposing Warmasters head off, how that's a thing in the rules I don't know.... but there we have it. I'm still not sure the Warmaster is worth the points but it's still fun. 

Just one arm left to go on my Warmaster! I've been working on it since early June (albeit with a two week holiday in the middle) and it feels so good having nearly finished it. Looking forward to getting it photographed then going back to painting Space Marines for a while - no more massive models for me this year please!

3 hours ago, General Zodd said:

Presumably that means LI will be standard 6’x4’, as has been speculated?

I wasn't aware of such speculations, but yeah, that sounds like a valid interpretation. Just interesting that the "smallest" game should be focused on 6x4', while 4x4' are suggested for titanic clashes in 8mm and 32mm 40k. Maybe an indicator of a serious combined arms concept in LI, with flyers, transports and what not.

Anyway, I still might be tempted. I've printed and painted quite a few sorts of City tiles, but wasn't totally happy with any.

Edited by Tar Aldarion