Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

Soooo with the codex available on Saturday,

I intend on playing a game on Tuesday 20th.

Helbrecht, Grim, EC nor Crusaders have their points listed in the codex do they? So that means I'll be fielding a nice mish-mash of new and old rules.

Should be fun!

At bare minimum im expecting a Primaris char and sprue. Bare minimum.

Cmon WS are not popular in 40k and they got both.

Sword Bros I agree, eventually.

If we get our own book that's the minimum, if we're just in the Imperial Fists book then they'll get the sprues and we'll just get a couple of rules.

i thought A Bikercaptain IS in the Supp

No that is Khan on a bike (technically he is a captain, but not a generic one)

The Khan on a bike is generic he's just not customizable because its only the equipment that is unique about it. Khan is a title not a name, the unique character's name is Kor'sarro

We, Imperial Fist, already got a sprue (they messed it up) but I wouldn’t have any issues with BT getting one instead. I’d like to see the Emperors champion as a Primaris Marine, and honestly I’d rather get a new Primaris special character than a ruberic of Lysander or Pedro.

@Skeleton, well that's not the minimum, that's getting the shaft again.

You see my post on what to expect.

@closet skeleton Good catch I did not see that, that's interesting.

@Skeleton, well that's not the minimum, that's getting the shaft again.

No more than Crimson Fists if they don't get a character. If only first foundings get books I don't see CF and IF both getting a guy this time around and to be honest I'm happy for the Iron Hands to not get ignored in favour of successors again.

For all I know the IF supplement will be released with the upgrade sprue and Primaris Emperor's Champion instead of Kantor or Lysander but I'll be pleasently surprised if three Primaris characters come out with one supplement.

BT need a whole supplement to themselves, if they get shoved into the IF one they're not going to be fully represented.

I assume this weekend we will have some more Supplements to be released.

I don't think the Impulsor will go for pre order with the sons of dorn, maybe with some other chapter with less kits to be released.

I still believe that the IF supplement will have BT with CF, with their respective section, and again I do think we will be last, due to potential amount of kits.

I  think it will be the last release. Just because its the most important next to the Ultramarines.

With IF, CF and BT they should have the greatest Fanbase and most characters in the book. So I expect IH and Salamanders next... even because IH will get a their bonus in the devastor doctrin while we had already Tacitcal and Assault bonus featered Marines.

So do normal chaplains get access to litanies and litanies of hate or is this only a primaris thing now? 

Yes normal Chaplains, Primaris Chaplains and name Chaplains too (or at least Ultramarine's Cassius gets it with a little bit extra too)

BT need a whole supplement to themselves, if they get shoved into the IF one they're not going to be fully represented.

it depends on how good those books are... until now they made it well. 

So do normal chaplains get access to litanies and litanies of hate or is this only a primaris thing now? 

Yes normal Chaplains, Primaris Chaplains and name Chaplains too (or at least Ultramarine's Cassius gets it with a little bit extra too)

Can you tell us Cassius rules?

As an Imperial Fist collector I don't mean this in a derogatory way, but if they manage to fluff out a full book with iron hand stuff I don't really want to share a book with Templars, unless the page count goes up exponentially. You guys fully deserve your own supplement, rules and characters.

That is completely fair, because I'd rather we have our own book rather than sharing it with you guys too. :biggrin.:

I know right, shocking a grim dark medieval crusader theme line of space marine variants?  It's like someone could make a full codex line worth of minis or variants off the main line.  Or even have 10 years worth of their own codex having a bigger following then some of the first foundings.  But I always thought first founding vs not being first founding was a stupid discussion.  It is about having fun with your friends and finding a theme (lore and standing plus play style) that really attracts you in the game.  

I personally believe each of the first founding chapters should get an upgrade sprue to give them chapter only line units(1 to 3) that themed to them and their successors.  

Edited by balordazul

Do we know if there will be a PDF to hold us over until we get a proper supplement? 

I have a tournament the week after the codex drops and was going to use a Black Tide list. TO gave me the go ahead to use the old codex if I don't have a PDF but still.

Not even the codex. With every passing day, my hype fades. And I'm starting to feel that if we don't get anything model wise I wont even bother.

Why? We have a lot of good stuff going for us even without knowing what we have in the supplement.

Not even the codex. With every passing day, my hype fades. And I'm starting to feel that if we don't get anything model wise I wont even bother.

Ultramarines have the worst CT. But the Supplement is CRAZY. So nothing new in here... I was hoping for a few Battlereports on youtube but the only one i´ve seen so far was a BR from our fellow brother Mordian glory. But he played a major rule completly wrong. So ....