Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

Hail brothers!

I have been away some time after having a brief spell in the warp with the drukhari and before spending the last year stomping around the mortal realms with seraphon!

But over the last few days I have lurked here and I must say after reading through this thread I can feel the ZEAL burning away.

Fingers crossed for some flavourful strategems and a nice special rule to join the assault doctrine (AP-2 chainswords anyone?)

I'm close to starting a 'Primaldus' but need to resist for a little while longer until it becomes clearer how we will be treated. I hope that the Fists supplement is next week so we can see whether we feature in the previews.

Now... where's my old crusade thread?

I believe if we get something like that - we get +2 Attacks in charge instead of 1.

Charge bonus always feels much more a BA thing then BT but GW has changed BT so much from when I started playing them they feel very different.  

i would hope for other special rules but the first time in 6th edition (last time with own codex) accept any challenge not matter the odds used to be +2 attacks in charge instead of one...

btw - no matter the odds is now a special rule for the crimson fists.

But the 6th ed is when the army no longer felt like what I payed for and spend hours playing and painting but that is a discussion that has been done to death.  

It is good point on where they would copy paste an older idea from as that was the direction they went when putting them into the SM codex.  I'm aware they gave no matter the odds to CF in name.  The last supplement did give me some hope they had some newer team members looking at BT as those rules are much more thematically true the original codex.  

Only time will tell but I don't see much happening with the BT models or support wise outside of some minor rules.  In my opinion BT will not be getting a solid update until GW fully steps away from the old marine line and at the rate we are going that could be another 5 to 10 years.  Do I think we have a good fan base, absolutely and would bet dollars to doughnuts that if we get a release near the level of the Death Guard one BT would sell very well to both new and old players alike.

The thing that gives me solace is that ever since Gathering Storm I feel there’s been a slow ramping up of us getting a mention here and there.

Even if it’s just a name drop or a quick flash of an intercessor painted up. White Dwarf consistently features a Black templar in some shape.

Now whether that’s just a reaction to #templarformationplease rather than a full support of our crusade remains to be seen.

But I am optimistic

Having had a look at preview videos for the Ultramarine and White Scars rules makes me pretty certain Crimson Fists will be in the Imperial Fists book and that Black Templars will have to be specifically banned from using Imperial Fist Warlord traits and Stratagems if they want to stop us from using them.

There's an Ultramarine stratagem that bolsters their chapter tactic and costs 1 CP normally but goes up to 2 CP on units that don't have the Ultramarine chapter tactic, which just shows how even a book with no explicit successor content is designed with more than just the first founding in mind. In 7th ed we were very much first among successors but last among chapters when it came to the content they dribbled at us but the way 8th ed is treating successors now being first among them blows being a 7th ed first founding out of the water.

The White Scars book is very mobility based but there's also ways their stratagems could be used to represent Mantis Warriors as a stealthy hit and run force so I'm actually pretty hopeful that even if we get no more unique stuff than other successor chapters we won't just be Siege masters without witches.

A Primaris Sword Brethren kit would be great.

Can you picture the envy from the rest of the community?

A true assault focussed primaris unit and its NOT an ultramarine!

Think of the howl from the wolves!!

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but we aren't getting a unique unit aside from what we have. Expect stuff like what WS got and possibly an upgrade sprue, but we aren't getting an entire kit. 

I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but we aren't getting a unique unit aside from what we have. Expect stuff like what WS got and possibly an upgrade sprue, but we aren't getting an entire kit.

I mean likely getting a Sword Brothern Datasheet and it wouldn’t be impossible for us to get a Biker Crusader one too

Except this unit could made out of models, other chapters could use too but in another way. Like Primaris Crusadersquad... with Hellblasters and Intercessors in it... or just 2 intercessors with Close combat weapons.

@Schlitzaf - like the Bikerguy in the WS Supplement.

Another Thing: Primaris Intercessor MSU with TH in Impulsors could be a Thing for us now too. One Intercessor Sgt have 4 attacks like a captain before.

Edited by Medjugorje

I mean likely getting a Sword Brothern Datasheet and it wouldn’t be impossible for us to get a Biker Crusader one too

I seriously doubt both. Not that I wouldn't be pleased with something like that, but WS didn't get any new datasheets besides Primaris Kahn so I wouldn't count on us getting anything.