Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

What I would have liked is a stratagem to skip to the Assault Doctrine,

Perhaps they are saving that for later, either us or our fellow assault oriented BA/SW ?

I'm hoping that will be our thing.

On the pictures front, we also didn't get anything new, iirc, in the last codex, just pictures of existing first born models. (I.e. no Primaris BTs)

Perhaps they are saving that for later, either us or our fellow assault oriented BA/SW ?

That is exactly the Stratagem/native ability we need.

So, based on history, they’ll give it to the Blood Angels...

I'm hoping that will be our thing.

On the pictures front, we also didn't get anything new, iirc, in the last codex, just pictures of existing first born models. (I.e. no Primaris BTs)

There's a single picture of a kitbashed Dark Imperium Lieutenant Castellan, but yeah, that's about it.

Do the UM and WS supplements even cover their Sucessors?

This rumour actually makes sense. But unless we feature prominently, like UM in Vigilus, and with model release, unlike gathering storm, might be worth the wait. And would fit with our new CT to avoid Mortal wounds.

Also that Aquilla rumour pic, could really be Grimaldus servitor. 

When the IF supplement releases, everything will be made clear.

what Aquilla rumour

BA/DA/SW are not getting supplements, they will have their own book and therefore do not get combat doctrines. So you don't have to worry about that

maybe later on... they get the same treatment as well. But for now they dont have enough capacity

Do the UM and WS supplements even cover their Sucessors?

This rumour actually makes sense. But unless we feature prominently, like UM in Vigilus, and with model release, unlike gathering storm, might be worth the wait. And would fit with our new CT to avoid Mortal wounds.

Also that Aquilla rumour pic, could really be Grimaldus servitor. 

When the IF supplement releases, everything will be made clear.

what Aquilla rumour

WarCom Article.

Uh, it's an aquila.

RumourEngine-Aug6-Content2jvhwg.jpg

This is very much a cut an paste tie things over PDF since none of characters are primaris. I say that because otherwise I would be very annoyed to see the old crusader squad points costs there.

I don't want swap to assault doctrine for free, I want those stupid codex astartes doctrines replaced by Vows.

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch, remember that this is literally a stop gap so we can still play our army until the rest of the supplements drop.

Thinking about it, I was hoping that Grimaldus would get something related to litanies and while he technically didn't, neither did he lose his Unmatched Zeal rule which is now a litany. And his is always on. Plus he can still choose another from the list. So I'm fine with that.

I don't think anyone is going to be too problematic if we continue to use Abhor the Witch. I plan on continuing to use the Vigilus stuff.

I don't either, but vigilus is still in print.

Just doing a Grimaldus quick double check.

Litanies of Faith and our Chapter Tactic, so we never use Faith as we have it built in.  Then there is Exhortation of Rage and Unmatched Zeal will these work together to trigger a +2 additional attacks with the same weapon?  I know the first thing is to check is the name of the power and the second is if it is a save type we never overlap saves.  Sure a natural 6 is still a low chance and there are some better options depending on the unit in question.  

Just doing a little double checking as I can't remember all the stipulations for similar powers.

I don't think anyone is going to be too problematic if we continue to use Abhor the Witch. I plan on continuing to use the Vigilus stuff.

Vigilus should be good for a while and it is still the same addition unless the supplement changes the rules it should still be good.

So Initiates are 13 pts per each while tac squad is 12 pts per each?

Yep

Lets talk about running grimaldus + helbrect

Helbrect: +1 str, Reroll misses
Grimaldus: exploding 6's, Fire off a litany for +1 to wound.

Hello wounding Marines on a 2+ and Knights on a 4+... With a chainsword. Spend 1cp to switch to assault doctrine to make those swords -1 AP.

Then load some crusaders up in 2-3 pods, drop them in with the characters turn 1, put on some linkin loyalist and go to town.

Edited by Link2edition