Discussion on the new C:SM & Possible BT supplement

Now that Chaplain Dreads got angels of death, what is everybodies opinion on them?

They are ridiculously good. They also got Litanies. A chaplain dread with Mantra of Strength and Imperium's Sword has 7 S18 attacks at -3AP and D4 in the first round of combat. Oh and you can't target him unless he's the closest unit because he's a character. Even if you manage to do that, he can halve the damage with the dreadnought strat. Not to mention he's venerable on top of all that. Stick him in a Stormraven and point it at something that needs to die :lol:

Any solid date on that soon? If Awakening hits in November, it's safe to assume that there will be a lot of announcements for the first wave in September (say, we have a Nov, 3 release then preorders go up around Oct, 20 so that leaves a bit more than a months to hype everyone up). If we're in the first wave, that it will be september soon, but what if we're in the second or third?

I just can't see ALL of our unique datasheets being slipped into a campaign book.

It does indeed seems a bit wonky, especially if the campaign book is costed more than the supplements. Imagine a store manager trying to explain to Mommy that if johnny - 12 years old - wants to play Space Marines he needs the codex (32.50 €) and the supplement for his chapter of choice (22.50 €) except if he wants to play Black Templars (or any other chapter that may be introduced in such a fashion) in which case the supplement is like 40 €. And that's before buying any models.

the only way i could see it making sense is if they expect BT sales to be absolutely abyssmal, so much so they think its not worth making a book, instead including it in a book that a bunch o xenos and other, which they think would garner more sales.

Anyway, I wouldn't call it perpetual inferiority complex, I'd call it a history of being neglected.

I just can't see ALL of our unique datasheets being slipped into a campaign book.

It does indeed seems a bit wonky, especially if the campaign book is costed more than the supplements. Imagine a store manager trying to explain to Mommy that if johnny - 12 years old - wants to play Space Marines he needs the codex (32.50 €) and the supplement for his chapter of choice (22.50 €) except if he wants to play Black Templars (or any other chapter that may be introduced in such a fashion) in which case the supplement is like 40 €. And that's before buying any models.

But isn't that what GW is going right now? Rules for Vanguard marines were printed in a box set, some deamons have rules in a starter box and so on

Things are getting more precise on the french forum.

The first book of psychic awakening will be about these filthy eldars.

Black Templars will arrive after this.

He heard stuff like disembarking from LRC and immediately charge without overwatch, the foe gets a -1 to hit in CC.

Also it seems neophytes have +1 attack when they are near an initiate.

It sounds insane IMO. If it has to be true, I prey this rule also applied to primaris vehicle.

He also added this, after saying BT will be very angry ;)

Edited by The Spanish Inquisitor

some questions:

-are normal dreadnoughts bad now? i get why a 170-ish pts new tactical warsuit is great, and i can see points about the redemptor etc but what about the 100-120-points normal dreadnought? with only a heavy flamer and a single heavy weapon, it is inferior in shooting but *should* be superior, mathwise, as far as durability goes due to lower points cost?

-are reivers bad? i get that intercessors shoot better and are troops, but grav chutes to deploy near plus terror troops plus BT rerolled charges doesnt sound so bad. yet they have a bad rep. i wish to know to avoid purchasing a bad unit.