Wolves 2.0 Speculation

PeteySödes

I'm really curious to see the stats on the new reivers battle leader.

Also curious to see if Chandra we're made to the reivers pts/rules

Edited by Triszin

How about:

HUNT - Advance rolls of 1 and 2 count as 3, and enemy units set up as reinforcements have +3” to their minimum setup distance from this unit

BREAK - unmodified melee to-hit rolls of 6 result in two successful hits

ROUT - enemy units, except flyers, cannot fallback and enemy units must roll an extra d6 for morale tests

Okay, I've sat back and watched the Sons of Dorn beat upon each other all week. 

I've watched the Bobby G's boys tear their hair out about Storm Raven's suddenly becoming -1 after falling back, even though the Fly rule activates and overrides the Chapter Tactic rule (or should). 

And I've steered clear of posting in here. Or even reading a thread in here. Because that Storm Raven goof was something I just knew would send a few people off the deep end, and then the "here's some primaris and Counter Attack back, but you have to share, and there's nothing else" happened, and I was dead certain the frenzy would be strong up in here. 

If the DA White Dwarf leak is indicative of the codex-divergent chapters getting some follow-on attention via White Dwarf, then I think we can all unclench on a few things. 

I wouldn't expect points changes in White Dwarf. However, I would expect tailored Litanies of Hate and maybe some new relics. As for new/additional stratagems, I'm uncertain whether that'll be PDF (seems like they'd have called that out by now) or via WD (seems like a full page or more would be required). 

That's assuming there's no actual hard copy supplement afoot. And I don't think there is. 

An add-on to our Chapter Tactic might or might not happen. An argument could be made that we already have what the other chapters are getting between the +1 to-hit, 6" heroic, and Warlord Traits that go bubbly once a deed is accomplished. I don't see us getting the standard Doctrines, and I don't know if we'll get Chapter specific ones. Honestly, if Litanies are prayers, between Rune and Wolf Priests, Shock Attack, reroll bubbles, and relics/Wulfen, we might end up pretty dang sick without Doctrines. 

There's a fluffy part of me that has always looked at my Storm Eagles and Fire Raptors, seen the identical basic fuselage, and rolled my eyes that we don't get the Storm Raven. Like there's a forge world out there that makes the Raven that hates us or something, and our Iron Priests can't strip down an Eagle and slap on some hurricanes and a dread harness? 

But if we got everything the codex-adherent did, we'd be Space Marines Plus, not variant. 

Although, please, Games Development, for the love of Russ.... Can you fix Wolf Scouts so they can, ya know, scout? 

Given that other chapters are getting their own disciplines, the Librarius discipline looks like it might be getting shared out as the generic stock librarian discipline. That might be cool. Although we might not get it. 

But I'd love to see Might of Heroes on Arjac. Or Njal drop Null Zone right before he goes electric boogaloo all over some daemons of Tzeentch....

Maybe it won't take us a year and a half this time. 

And, yes, if they Rubicon a Wolf, it'll be Rags. 

But somebody please explain to me how they'll get Ragnar to give up drop pods?

Usually, they are. I could see the Dwarf staff shifting over to monthly til the need is satisfied, though. 

But, yes, it could mean we have to wait six months. At worst. 

Hopefully. 

And we still haven't seen this PDF yet, though we've been told what to expect. 

8 month wait last time... :p

Frostclaw222 I agree there’s been a lot of griping on many forums over this. Some warranted, most not. By now I know it’s part of the territory. We all love this hobby too much.

I’m really hopeful they’re addressing this all quickly. Would be nice to have been the first of the divergent chapters to get the update. But good for the Dark Angels.

Well confirmed that you can't disembark and charge from the Impulsor. It had one job to do for me and it failed. Back to waiting I guess.

I will admitI have been rather sour, but I feel there is 2 reasons why people are sour. the primaris seem to almost get what I need but then miss the core of what I need. Reivers and Infiltrators are almost exactly what I want, but then no melee weapons. Impulsor what I needed to get troops into melee, and they can't charge. Repulsor executioner fufills a tank role, and costs extra for unused (by me) troop transport capacity.

The other is the slow role for codex's, I don't want to wait another year for our codex. I want to play on a level stage. This could be resolved if they simply published a statement "all SM codex will be out in X months" but they haven't.

I feel that these two issue are what wraps up most people's anger over primaris. Not hitting the mark, and the slow role. Now not everyone though UM here and FB are excited as primaris fufills their niche extremely well, and they are the first to get a codex.

Well confirmed that you can't disembark and charge from the Impulsor. It had one job to do for me and it failed. Back to waiting I guess.

I will admitI have been rather sour, but I feel there is 2 reasons why people are sour. the primaris seem to almost get what I need but then miss the core of what I need. Reivers and Infiltrators are almost exactly what I want, but then no melee weapons. Impulsor what I needed to get troops into melee, and they can't charge. Repulsor executioner fufills a tank role, and costs extra for unused (by me) troop transport capacity.

The other is the slow role for codex's, I don't want to wait another year for our codex. I want to play on a level stage. This could be resolved if they simply published a statement "all SM codex will be out in X months" but they haven't.

I feel that these two issue are what wraps up most people's anger over primaris. Not hitting the mark, and the slow role. Now not everyone though UM here and FB are excited as primaris fufills their niche extremely well, and they are the first to get a codex.

but, can you disembark and heroically intervene?

I.e. drive impulsor up to 6" away, disembark and intervene?

you cant intervene on your own turn

but if the opponent ends their next turn within 6" of your disembarked HQ then sure

This is correct from how I read the rule. So it's extremely situational and puts the ball in your opponents court.

Q: Can you ever perform a Heroic Intervention during your own turn?

A: No.

Official ruling from GW...no need to argue interpretation with anyone

p. 10

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/warhammer_40000_rulebook_en.pdf

So with the new codex rumors came some hopeful news. I edited the original post to the 3 things that we will likely benefit from (basically removed stratagems) the full post is in news and rumors.

Lets get away from the bickering and back to the Codex. Tabletop Tactics has a battle report up. I'm watching it now so I'll post anything they reveal that we don't already know (though I haven't read all of this thread so forgive me if there's repeats). So far;

Codex Space Marines

[*]Tactical Marines are now 12 points (implied this is all classic Marines, so Assault & Devastator too).

[*]Drop Pods: in Matched Play units in Drop Pods are exempt from Tactical Reserves rule. So they can arrive on Turn 1 (does that also mean you can have over 50% of your army in reserve?). You still have to deploy 9" away from enemies. So that confirms the rumour.

[*]Librarians are now 80 points

So looks like a small points drop for Firstborn and Librarians. Let's certainly hope that carries as it'll be a nice bump.

But for me the big one is it looks like pods are gunna be useful again! I'm pretty excited that they are trying to bring pods back. Though I miss the days of dropping one in enemy lines and trying to thread the needle lol. But a bump to pods would be most welcome

If we are excluded from those via the pdf I’m going to absolutely riot lol. I was just calming down too.

Put your expectations at 0. I expect gw might be trying to put out all the Marine dexs quickly.

Do the 30k deathsworn might be good to go, count as incursors imho

Edited by Triszin