Wolves 2.0 Speculation

PeteySödes

They have to protect their big kits like Knights. It’s unfortunate because Smash Lords are our best way to kill a knight or eldar flier. Shooting isn’t as effective against those threats.

Theres a chance that we don’t get that point increase until we get a new codex. Or at least I hope.

Edit: The Lords will just have to share the burden with hidden thunder hammers in units of Intercessors and with Wulfen.

Theres a link to a google doc of the points changes in the marine codex thread but Inceptor guns all down and lightning claws dropped 2 points each (12 for a pair) so maybe an unexpected drop for Wolf Claws too. Makes me hope likes of tempest hammer, frost axes, frost swords will drop too (and the scout bike squad point drop we didnt get in CA)

Theres a link to a google doc of the points changes in the marine codex thread but Inceptor guns all down and lightning claws dropped 2 points each (12 for a pair) so maybe an unexpected drop for Wolf Claws too. Makes me hope likes of tempest hammer, frost axes, frost swords will drop too (and the scout bike squad point drop we didnt get in CA)

Reivers are now the same price as a repulsor... What is going on..

Guest Triszin

Reivers are now the same price as a repulsor... What is going on..

reivers got increased? they were too expensive already

Either you skipped a line on the chart or you saw a non updated version. Reivers went down 2 points apiece.

Honestly the only big jumps are repulsors and character thunder hammers (they are not worth 40 points) then there's a couple 1 or 2 point raises, jump captain and base Librarian and auxiliary grenade launcher.

The drops are all 1 to 10 points except regular land raiders and phobos captains which are down 20 but there's alot of miscellaneous drops.

Sadly no terminator love though.

Either you skipped a line on the chart or you saw a non updated version. Reivers went down 2 points apiece.

Honestly the only big jumps are repulsors and character thunder hammers (they are not worth 40 points) then there's a couple 1 or 2 point raises, jump captain and base Librarian and auxiliary grenade launcher.

The drops are all 1 to 10 points except regular land raiders and phobos captains which are down 20 but there's alot of miscellaneous drops.

Sadly no terminator love though.

You are correct, I must have read that wrong. Reivers went down 2 points a pop.

It’s criminal crusaders didn’t drop after losing bolter discipline.

Their price never went up when they (briefly) gained it so why would it drop when it was removed? Crusader is the best LR pattern and arguably the one that least needs a drop. The LRs look a bit better now that Repulsors have gone up again. Previously they were looking obsolete. Now they just look over-priced.

Some other SM vehicles like Predators and Stormtalons have received minor drops (5-10 points). Although why the Stormtalon is still more expensive than the considerably better Stormhawk remains a mystery to me.

I read again the article about what wolves/BA/DA will get in their pdf, and it doesn't say anything about updated datasheets and points for older units (ex. Drop pods/rhinos etc) and older primaris (ex. aggressors/rivers etc) ... I hope I am wrong...but I am prepared for a very short pdf...

I'm surprised vindicators didn't go down. Most rhino chassis went down 5 points but for some reason one of the least used didnt move. Also sad cuz they are my favorite rhino chassis

I read one report that Vindicators are getting D6 shots always rather than D3/D6. That would help more than a 5 point drop if it is true IMHO.

I'm surprised vindicators didn't go down. Most rhino chassis went down 5 points but for some reason one of the least used didnt move. Also sad cuz they are my favorite rhino chassis

I read one report that Vindicators are getting D6 shots always rather than D3/D6. That would help more than a 5 point drop if it is true IMHO.
That would help but I feel like it should be d6 1 and 2 are 3 if they want it to see play. D6 is just too swingy for vindicators to be reliable

I read again the article about what wolves/BA/DA will get in their pdf, and it doesn't say anything about updated datasheets and points for older units (ex. Drop pods/rhinos etc) and older primaris (ex. aggressors/rivers etc) ... I hope I am wrong...but I am prepared for a very short pdf...

Id say we'd definitely get updated data sheets as theres not many of them at all (drop pod, demolisher cannon...)

If they stick to the outdated Chapter Approved for points changes model that will be crap

Theres about 40 directly transferrable points changes in units/wargear from the new marine codex and chapter approved so it wouldnt be the biggest pdf of all time to include them

It’s criminal crusaders didn’t drop after losing bolter discipline.

Their price never went up when they (briefly) gained it so why would it drop when it was removed? Crusader is the best LR pattern and arguably the one that least needs a drop. The LRs look a bit better now that Repulsors have gone up again. Previously they were looking obsolete. Now they just look over-priced.

Because the regular pattern got a big price cut. Crusaders are still way too high.

On the things that I asked for on the survey was to print the entire list of point costs when they update them so they're all in one place. I doubt they will but I'm hoping.

I think the reasons crusaders didn't go down was the same reason they upped the repulsor costs. Lots of small arms fire that got boosted with the doctrines.

Guest Triszin

Frost axes should offer +1 atk on the charge, not unlike the great Frost axes.

At the same point cost they are now.

Looking at the Litanies from the marine codex, theres not many that would be great for us, especially when you roll at the start of the battle round, and we'd mostly be rolling for rerolls to hit

Theres one thats a 6 inch 5+ FNP bubble for mortal wounds which would be useful v 1k Sons, Eldar etc

Another is +1 to hit in shooting phase for one unit which would be handy turn one for some stuff

Overall we're arguably better with auto/constant aura of reroll all hits in fight phase until we get our own ones

Archived