Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

I haven't read the book, but I read a summary that pretty strongly contradicts the above. Only a small handful of deeply traumatized Tau want to wipe everyone out, not the Empire as a whole. It's a small, contained incident, not a radical change in the nature of the Empire. 

It's basically a retread of the fourth expansion sphere, which consists of edgelord Tau who behave in a more Imperialish fashion. 

Edited by Shinespider

And the Tau have had a “psychic awakening” in the book “War of Secrets”. They developed warp drive, but forgot the Gellar field. Every human in their fleet was massacred and now the remaining Tau want to eliminate every potential psyker in the galaxy (including the humans in the Tau Empire) to keep the possibility of any incursion from happening again.

Far be it from me to take pity on those wretched enough to have turned from the Emperor's light, but damn

Hopefully the humans can kick them in the teeth, then join Farsight or something. Just imagining Catachan level tough guys with Tau small arms... 

I haven't read the book, but I read a summary that pretty strongly contradicts the above. Only a small handful of deeply traumatized Tau want to wipe everyone out, not the Empire as a whole. It's a small, contained incident, not a radical change in the nature of the Empire.

It's basically a retread of the fourth expansion sphere, which consists of edgelord Tau who behave in a more Imperialish fashion.

The entire expansion fleet (semi-led by student of their greatest warlord ever) is not a small handful.

All I know is I just want Necrons to finally have some anti-psyker options since they fought the Old Ones, Eldar and Orks who are all psykers (not to mention developed the pylons and almost sealed the Eldar off from the rest of galaxy).

And no, the Gloom Prism doesn't count since it's over costed, the range is too short and the model that carries it can't bemefit from character protection to make it harder to kill of on turn 1.

All I know is I just want Necrons to finally have some anti-psyker options since they fought the Old Ones, Eldar and Orks who are all psykers (not to mention developed the pylons and almost sealed the Eldar off from the rest of galaxy).

Pariahs.

Maybe not with the old fluff as cyborg blanks, but perhaps with Blackstone tech.

Pariahs.

Maybe not with the old fluff as cyborg blanks, but perhaps with Blackstone tech.

That would be a start (along with fixing Tomb Spyders and Gloom Prisms and maybe adding Gloom Prisms as a Cryptek option).

Orks have a gestalt psychic psychic presence that grows with the number of them but I don’t think they are a true psychic race like Eldar or Humans. Their shaman caste can channel the warp, and suffer from exposure to it, but I didn’t think they were like a psyker that can develop powers and train to master them. They’re binary. Either on or off. Hence why when Ork Gellar field analogues fail it’s practically a party for them. Humans explode and piss themselves. The orks just have some new friends for the rest of the trip.

Ork lore isn’t my forte, so correct me if I’m wrong.

Edited by Marshal Rohr

AFAIK Weirdboyz don't channel the Warp, but the collective psychic energies of the Orks around them. They're all innately psychic, but the Orks themselves don't realize it, and only Weirdboyz can act as the "capacitor" for the energy they all give off.

Edited by DeadFingers

You know....

If Orks v wolves is true

It would mean the recent build up in lore dark angels v tzeentvg might have then initially involved with the prospero campaign.

Rampant speculation:

Orks vs space wolves campaign part 1, ends with wolves falling back, * not because of the perks but because they learn da are battling t sons and tzeemtch near prospero/planet of sorceries.

Orks in next part face off against gaurd, templars and angron on armegeddon.

Sorceries part 1: dark angels vs tzeemtch/t sons.

It's a reverse if Dulan, tzeemtch playing on darkangels need to hide)go after the fallen has the da running I'm circles getting bogged down.

In part 2

Space wolves arrive, end up fighting cypher, Luther and tsons. They get cypher emprisoned and deliver him to darkangels. Angels are pissed, but wolves/russ say delete the records ( ala lion deleting heresey records if wulfen).

Edited by Triszin

Someone mentioned Necrons. I'd love to see the Silent King!

That would be pretty huge. That'd be more or less like the Emperor himself getting tabletop stats, right?

Personally I would love to see the C'Tan shown some love. They're STAR GODS for crying out loud. They have some power, they should have some Tyranid like warp presence. And they certainly shouldn't be pokemon.

Also Pariahs like someone mentioned before. Although, I've been pretending that's what my Lychguard are this whole time.

Someone mentioned Necrons. I'd love to see the Silent King!

That would be pretty huge. That'd be more or less like the Emperor himself getting tabletop stats, right?

Personally I would love to see the C'Tan shown some love. They're STAR GODS for crying out loud. They have some power, they should have some Tyranid like warp presence. And they certainly shouldn't be pokemon.

Also Pariahs like someone mentioned before. Although, I've been pretending that's what my Lychguard are this whole time.

Phil Kelly wrote an article about the different ‘tiers’ of Gods in AoS and it seems like with the coming of Guilliman and the Daemon Primarchs they’re moving towards that in 40k too. Won’t go into specifics about AoS but you can see how Abaddon is super powerful but in a different way to the Daemon Primarchs who are different to Guilliman. The Silent King could very much be an Abaddon/Guilliman tier God. Ghazghkull could as well. Edited by Marshal Rohr

I will be very surprised if we don't get another Primarch during this series of campaigns. While my money is on Corax (for no particular reason or evidence) they could be from either side of the divide.

Corax is apparently a Daemon thing himself now, or something like that. A creature made of Shadows

I will be very surprised if we don't get another Primarch during this series of campaigns. While my money is on Corax (for no particular reason or evidence) they could be from either side of the divide.

Corax is apparently a Daemon thing himself now, or something like that. A creature made of Shadows

So he has become something akin to a Mandrake?

Dark eldar vs eldar.

Banshees vs incubi

Jain zaar vs ahra?

I wonder if this will be a box set and if it will double basva yannari boxaet.

Also, eldar civil war?

Maybe another new godling of the darkeldar vs yannari?

Dark eldar vs eldar.

Banshees vs incubi

Jain zaar vs ahra?

Also, eldar civil war?

Sounds very unprimaris...it's been like a week now with no new models for us, what the hell is going on at GW?! :teehee:

Dark eldar vs eldar.

Banshees vs incubi

Jain zaar vs ahra?

Also, eldar civil war?

Sounds very unprimaris...it's been like a week now with no new models for us, what the hell is going on at GW?! :teehee:

They have finally unlocked the closet so that the non-space marine and non-primaris workers in the studio can actually come out and show their work? I'm sure some punishment will be coming down for them being released and for the IP to focus on something else for a bit.

Edit: Have I missed a bit of lore that has actually confirmed Drazhar as being Arha instead of just being speculation?

Edited by Legionnaire of the VIIth

It's a reverse if Dulan, tzeemtch playing on darkangels need to hide)go after the fallen has the da running I'm circles getting bogged down.

In part 2

Space wolves arrive, end up fighting cypher, Luther and tsons. They get cypher emprisoned and deliver him to darkangels. Angels are pissed, but wolves/russ say delete the records ( ala lion deleting heresey records if wulfen).

Reverse Dulan would be an absolutely baller move after Warzone Fenris. “We’re even.” *mic drop

I guess I should bring this here too. Drazhar Vs. Jain Zar by Igor Sid, apparently a piece from 2018, but surfacing just now and not seen before.

Drahzar-vs-Jain-Zar-Print.jpg

I don't think anyone could argue that this is not exactly what is going down in Phoenix Rising, considering the recent reveals and rumours. It seems they might finally settle the "mystery" of who Drazhar really is, which would fit the title.

And speaking of rumours, this is exactly what Kikasstou's rumours predicted. He mentioned Incubi before they were revealed, promised a new model for a Dark Eldar character that "was never updated", which people guessed was Drazhar, and asked cheekily "who could be leading the Banshees? :wink:" (paraphrasing from French, but the cheekiness stands). For the moment, he's been spot on, which means that his other rumours are gaining a lot of credibility, so...

Maybe we should start making space on our shelves for the big bad green?