Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

Tried to search via replacing numbers and I get access denies so they're keeping that stuff hidden...for now.

Well, you just gave me the idea, since I noticed that the icon is not just MapIcon1, but MapIcon1_Dark. So there has to be a Light version, right?

Yup.

MapIcon1_Light.png

MapIcon2_Light.png

Sadly, no MapIcon3_Light either, but it was worth a try. :D Still, the numbering pretty much tells me Sisters belong on Warzone #2, so that's something. Still a mystery, that one, #3 and #4 seem a lot clearer.

Not trying to derail with Sanguinius talk, but I remember a GW Twitch feed way back where someone said “Sanguinius” at one point and people freaked out, only to have ppl go back and rewatch and realize he probably meant someone else (kind of like how an author way back got “Primarch” and “Chapter Master” confused). That tizzy has never quite died down, however. Secondly, BL authors have confirmed that Sanguinius is dead and not coming back. There’s a quote from Guy Haleyim too lazy to dig up.

Moving on to the maps...

A. Phenomenal work, LordValrak and DeadFingers

B. If Baal is one of the zones, this could have to do with Kha’Bhanda’s little jealousy episode with the Tryanids...

Glad Eldar are getting some attention but I’m not personally a fan, so me and my wallet will be happy to sit the first one out.

However if Armageddon rolls around, then I could be in trouble! I said in the run up to ‘Orktober’ if GW releases plastic Kommandos I’m all in on a full Ork army. But a new Gaz might pull me in also.

Great detective work in this thread though, thanks everyone!

And finally, Warzone #4 and OH BOY DO WE HAVE A BINGO. Smack bang in the middle, there they are, Sortiarius and Prospero, primed and ready for a fight.

o6wIcD0.png

CALLED IT! Heck yes!

I can't wait!

So while the TS celebrate "Magnus - The Homecoming, we prepare ourselves for "Prospero Burns 2: Primarch Boogaloo"

Since we also have this thread, I figure I should post these here too so folks that don't hang around the news subforum are up to date.

Last night, Valrak and a friend of his uncovered a series of images by going into the code for the Psychic Awakening page. Four of these images were smaller sections of the galaxy map, with the first one corresponding to the location of Phoenix Rising. It's safe to assume that the other three correspond with the next three locations. We don't know if there'll be more, just that these are very likely to be the next three.

So with that in mind, and with the reasoning that they'll all be displayed in the same fashion as Phoenix Rising, that is with a text box over the left side and the icon for the location in the middle of the right side, I made these mockups using the official galaxy map to give the images some context.

Warzone #2, the big mystery. We may have a Vigilus in our hands, a previously unknown location that suddenly becomes important. That's assuming the icon would be in the same place as Phoenix Rising, because with Armageddon, Fenris, the Rock and the Solar System itself relatively nearby, this place is a hotspot for conflict. I should add that through my investigations I've found that there is a "Daemonic Incursion" where the icon would be, and Necron territory nearby, but neither important enough to even warrant a name, so for know those don't shed any light.

NtxcMs1.png

However, I should mention that Valrak also found a second icon in the code by the name of MapIcon2. Since the icon for Phoenix Rising is MapIcon1, it's possible that this second icon belongs with the above map. Make way for the Sisters, because they're looking for a fight.

MapIcon2_Dark.png

Warzone #3, beyond the Cicatrix. Now this is an interesting one. It seems the Blood Angels and the Necrons are about to get into another scuffle, and this time Hive Fleet Leviathan's full force is elsewhere, so who knows what will unfold.

tAgRH55.png

And finally, Warzone #4, with the biggest hotspot of them all. Oh yes, a spotlight shines on Sortiarius and Prospero and there's no escaping from it.

euU6xaN.png

And that's all for the moment. Please do keep in mind that these might not be the only locations Psychic Awakening gets. Considering that this is supposed to be a big event that involves all factions, they might add more in the future. So while Sortiarius being there is a big deal, it might not be the location for Psychic Awakening's climax. Despite the fact that Valrak's provided us with some insight on the future, we're still very much in the dark about the scale and pacing of the whole event, and the importance, in both narrative and releases, of every location.

Edited by DeadFingers

I'm seeing one constant with all those four and I'm calling the following: the Khans Return

Warzone 1: Khan returns from the webway with Eldar allies starting a civil war between hardliners and those willing to ally with mankind and other factions

Warzone 2: Armageddon, Khan's chasing after the greatest Boss and his Waagh since the Beasts, which he missed Back then for you know Ork hunting fun

Warzone 3: Baal, He Returns to Baal where he had founded the Librarium eons ago, doing so again with the Primaris, introducing a new splinter of the Primaris range - the psyionic warriors like the magician Stormcast Chambers

Warzone 4: the Clash of Brothers, Khan's returning to Prospero only to find the Planet of Sorcerers; there he'll go after what became of his closest brother, Magnus the Red

Just theorizing. ;)

Edited by Kelborn

Khan returning would be cool, but I'm seriously hoping no single one faction, let alone character, is -that- involved in a galaxy-wide threat. This campaign seems like a great way of spreading the love to some of the factions that are seldom in the limelight and having WS (or space marines in general) being the either the main, or one of the big, focal points in every warzone is a missed opportunity IMO.

If it's space marines in general however then at least we can see some of the chapters that aren't mentioned all that often in the fluff (like WS) play a part of the campaign, even if we all know that Ultramarines are somehow going to end up intregal to every battle fought..

Rumour is BT will have rules on the 1st book.

So it might be eldar vs BT.

Hopefully a chapter upgrade sprue and a liutenant for BT.

If true I’d guess it’ll probably be more complicated than just BT v Eldar, esp given the limited info we have talks about our fates being tied together. My guess is they’ll be or end up as reluctant and suspicious allies against someone else

I doubt BT will get Rules in the first book. Most BT rumors have been internet telephone with no real rumor mongers saying if they are plausible.

So it's like telephone but no one is on the phone saying these things? Sounds like witchcraft.

I'm expecting one or two Primarch releases as this campaign unfolds. When GW comes out with "Models you won't believe" it sets the bar pretty darn high.

Also a new plastic Ghaz with a boosted datasheet (like what Abaddon got) must surely be on the cards.

I do think a BT boxset might be on the cards, but I'd expect new models as well. Surely Helbrecht or one of the characters will be upgraded to a Primaris?

I'm expecting one or two Primarch releases as this campaign unfolds. When GW comes out with "Models you won't believe" it sets the bar pretty darn high.

Also a new plastic Ghaz with a boosted datasheet (like what Abaddon got) must surely be on the cards.

I do think a BT boxset might be on the cards, but I'd expect new models as well. Surely Helbrecht or one of the characters will be upgraded to a Primaris?

What leads you to believe they’ll release new Primarchs?

I hope BT get some nice things .

After seeing that bone construct on the WHC today my threshold for "wouldn't believe" has shifted pretty far.

That said, characters are a given. An evem like this works very well to replace all the Finecast left in the range before the rest is bumped to Legends. I expect the Necrons to get updated when it's their turn.