Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Triszin

I dont think theyd do a primarch returning before the last book, otherwise how the heck do you follow that

With a Daemon Primarch. :wink: Or Ghaz.

But seriously speaking, I agree with you. Partially, at least. We're making the assumption that these four Warzones might be all for Psychic Awakening, but until we have more info, these could as well be just the first four. They could keep the Psychic Awakening storyline going for over a year if they wanted and sprinkle Primarch-level releases on it every now and then. After all, Morathi was released in the middle of Malign Portents instead of at the end, and her model is one of the most impressive centrepieces AoS has to offer.

But with that said, it's time for some wild, baseless speculation for fun, so hold on to your tinfoil hats and listen to this:

The Thousand Sons will reveal the last Crone Sword the Ynnari need. Don't "exit stage left" me yet, hear me out. From the Thousand Sons Codex:

The Road to Resurrection

Having witnessed the ability of Yvraine to restore the Thousand Sons afflicted by the Rubric, Ahriman begins gathering his forces. After ten thousand years he knows where to find the knowledge he has been seeking, and so he trains his prescient vision on the Drukhari city of Commorragh.

We know the Eldar are playing an important role in Psychic Awakening, the Ynnari need to be explored better and get their own story rolling, we know Vect doesn't like them, and the fourth Warzone is 90% sure to be set on either Sortiarius or Prospero. So here's the theory: In an effort to undo the Rubric once and for all, Ahriman seeks the last Crone Sword to use its power in a ritual. He actually finds it and brings it to Sortiarius, where :censored: hits the fan as the Wolves come knocking in the name of vengeance and the Ynnari arrive to recover their relic. The ritual is interrupted and something big and flashy happens.

Rampant speculation finished, you can take your tinfoil hats off now.

Edited by DeadFingers

I dont think theyd do a primarch returning before the last book, otherwise how the heck do you follow that

I could see the eldar civil war being started and Fulgrim returning in book 2 as a threat that sort stops it. Then in the final book having Russ or the lion come (based on the maps).

in my mind I see.

Angron appearing and taking Armageddon, Imperial forces being routed, things are looking bad, as armegeddon is the next stepping stone to terra.

Beast Ghaz (primarch tier) appears with his wall. and Sack armgeddon, beating Angron and world eaters off world. Then ghaz rams a million ships onto armgeddon and steals it back tot he ullanor system.....

(drum roll) which is on the other side of the great rift, and ghaz sets up ullanor (armeggon) as the "Scrap" throne of the greenskin empire and have a WAAGHNOMICON on the other side for orks.

*tin foil hats for everyon!*

oh and russ turns up after these events

Please allow me to copypaste my own speculation from the thread in the news subforum. To be honest it fits better here than there.

The Thousand Sons will reveal the last Crone Sword the Ynnari need. Don't "exit stage left" me yet, hear me out. From the Thousand Sons Codex:

The Road to Resurrection

Having witnessed the ability of Yvraine to restore the Thousand Sons afflicted by the Rubric, Ahriman begins gathering his forces. After ten thousand years he knows where to find the knowledge he has been seeking, and so he trains his prescient vision on the Drukhari city of Commorragh.

We know the Eldar are playing an important role in Psychic Awakening, the Ynnari need to be explored better and get their own story rolling, we know Vect doesn't like them, and the fourth Warzone is 90% sure to be set on either Sortiarius or Prospero. So here's the theory: In an effort to undo the Rubric once and for all, Ahriman seeks the last Crone Sword to use its power in a ritual. He actually finds it and brings it to Sortiarius, where :censored: hits the fan as the Wolves come knocking in the name of vengeance and the Ynnari arrive to recover their relic. The ritual is interrupted and something big and flashy happens.

Please allow me to copypaste my own speculation from the thread in the news subforum. To be honest it fits better here than there.

The Road to Resurrection

We know the Eldar are playing an important role in Psychic Awakening, the Ynnari need to be explored better and get their own story rolling, we know Vect doesn't like them, and the fourth Warzone is 90% sure to be set on either Sortiarius or Prospero. So here's the theory: In an effort to undo the Rubric once and for all, Ahriman seeks the last Crone Sword to use its power in a ritual. He actually finds it and brings it to Sortiarius, where :censored: hits the fan as the Wolves come knocking in the name of vengeance and the Ynnari arrive to recover their relic. The ritual is interrupted and something big and flashy happens.

I like it.

my other hypothesis is that Russ was going to attack nurgles Garden and rescue Isha

I could see the eldar civil war being started and Fulgrim returning in book 2 as a threat that sort stops it. Then in the final book having Russ or the lion come (based on the maps).

Going by interviews with GW people I think they want to keep or make the return of a primarch extra special and theyll be really spaced out. Plus some are more special than others

@Deadfingers unlikely but there might be more than one book for one or more zones

@Deadfingers unlikely but there might be more than one book for one or more zones

Yeah, that's possible too. I'm just trying to cover all possibilities, as we're still pretty much in the dark when it comes to the true scale and pacing of every campaign and the event as a whole.

Although I do stand by my defense for the possibility of releasing various Primarch-level models as the event progresses. We might not see a (loyalist) Primarch until the end of after the fact, but I think more models with the same, or similar, level of importance are very possible.

Boy I sure hope when Sortiarius gets invaded that we see Rubric dreadnought sentries stomping around..

To be fair, I wouldn't be surprised if TS would get a small release during this narrative considering they are a bit behind compared to the DG range.

Solving the rubric isn’t something they should center a campaign around because it can’t possibly happen. They’d fundamentally change Rubric marines into something new if Ahriman succeeds, so they’re not going to do that and the campaign will be weaker since we know they won’t allow the rubric to be reversed. It’s why they’d never make a campaign where Abaddon besieges Terra, because we know they’re not going to let him win, so it would be entirely pointless. Like they won’t actually awaken Ynnari, that’s just the new quest to center the Eldar meta-plot around and use for campaign fuel as different factions seek to contribute to the awakening. Edited by Marshal Rohr

Solving the rubric isn’t something they should center a campaign around because it can’t possibly happen. They’d fundamentally change Rubric marines into something new if Ahriman succeeds, so they’re not going to do that and the campaign will be weaker since we know they won’t allow the rubric to be reversed. It’s why they’d never make a campaign where Abaddon besieges Terra, because we know they’re not going to let him win, so it would be entirely pointless. Like they won’t actually awaken Ynnari, that’s just the new quest to center the Eldar meta-plot around and use for campaign fuel as different factions seek to contribute to the awakening.

I never said Ahriman would succeed at it or that the Ynnari would actually awaken Ynnead, just that he'd try and use the Crone MacGuffin to attempt it, and the Ynnari would come to stop him from doing that.

For all we know, he might attempt the ritual only for Fulgrim to show up, steal the sword, then slither away laughing, and then they release Fulgrim wielding a corrupted version of the last Crone Sword. Or the ritual backfires and brings Russ back from the Warp, and the sword is lost to it. Or hey, maybe the theories are right and at the end of this campaign it is revealed that Farsight's Dawn Blade is the last Crone Sword.

Just because they use an important plot device, that doesn't mean that it'll be used for its ultimate purpose.

Edited by DeadFingers

Its possible that the four we are looking at now aren't the full set, just the first four that will come out. It already seems like only a few icons for the locations are in the code right now, with more to be added later and it would make sense that this could also be the case with the maps.

in my mind I see.

Angron appearing and taking Armageddon, Imperial forces being routed, things are looking bad, as armegeddon is the next stepping stone to terra.

Beast Ghaz (primarch tier) appears with his wall. and Sack armgeddon, beating Angron and world eaters off world. Then ghaz rams a million ships onto armgeddon and steals it back tot he ullanor system.....

(drum roll) which is on the other side of the great rift, and ghaz sets up ullanor (armeggon) as the "Scrap" throne of the greenskin empire and have a WAAGHNOMICON on the other side for orks.

This would be a great theory if I wasn’t 99.9% certain that I’ve read that Ullanor and Armageddon are one and the same.

Has anyone mentioned the first Striking Scorpion Phoenix Lord? Would be nice if that problem child came back for a proper Eldar dust up.

in my mind I see.

This would be a great theory if I wasn’t 99.9% certain that I’ve read that Ullanor and Armageddon are one and the same.

Has anyone mentioned the first Striking Scorpion Phoenix Lord? Would be nice if that problem child came back for a proper Eldar dust up.

im saying ghaz retakes armegddon, takes it back to the ullanor system and its renamed its original ork name!

They are, but they didn't just rename the planet, the AdMech reverse-engineered Ork tech to woosh it into another system.

Edited by DeadFingers

I'm expecting a random tour of forecast replacements. Things like Howling Banshees and Rangers for the Eldar, Kommandos for the Orks, Flayed Ones for the Necrons with a few characters. I would love a loyalist primarch to come back and as Dorn seems unlikely, Russ gets my vote here.

+++ Housekeeping Note +++

Like I mentioned in the Psychic Awakening News topic, I've moved some posts to this thread - some conversations may look a bit out of sequence now, but hopefully all makes some semblance of sense. Feel free to speculate wildly!*

* Do not actually speculate wildly. Speculation is the basest form of heresy.

Feel free to speculate wildly!

Well let's get it on then!

I'm already a heretic so it's fine.

So here's a question for all of you loyalist folks. I was looking through GW's site to look at some of the Chapter-specific characters (particularly Vulkan He'stan because I think the flamer Rumour Engine might belong to him) and I noticed this. This wasn't like this before, right? Or am I hallucinating?

8t5KH9X.png

This is particularly important due to this rumour. Also taking this opportunity to summon Sete by quoting because I imagine this is particularly relevant to his interests.

According to Kikassou on the French Forum BT in Book 2 of Psy awakening, he clearly said it, and Assault doctrine auto wound on a hit of 6 in CC

Edited by DeadFingers

Feel free to speculate wildly!

Well let's get it on then!

I'm already a heretic so it's fine.

So here's a question for all of you loyalist folks. I was looking through GW's site to look at some of the Chapter-specific characters (particularly Vulkan He'stan because I think the flamer Rumour Engine might belong to him) and I noticed this. This wasn't like this before, right? Or am I hallucinating?

8t5KH9X.png

This is particularly important due to this rumour. Also taking this opportunity to summon Sete by quoting because I imagine this is particularly relevant to his interests.

According to Kikassou on the French Forum BT in Book 2 of Psy awakening, he clearly said it, and Assault doctrine auto wound on a hit of 6 in CC

Supports the rumours about CF being part of the IF supplement and BT getting their stuff via the 2nd psychic awakening campaign I guess.

Edited by sfPanzer

Interesting to see the wolves only have 81 selections and being the lowest count, yet we have a bunch of kits

It looks like there are several standard Space Marine units that Wolves actually get but aren't part of the listing - none of the chaplain models are included, even though GW clearly sees those models as sufficient stand-ins for the Wolf Priests, to the point of tailoring the Wolf Priests' wargear options to exactly match existing chaplain kits (power fist, etc). They don't have any of the Servitor kits listed either.