Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Guest Triszin

Well, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the title of the next book after Engine War has been leaked: War of the Spider. Interesting title to say the least. Can't really think of what the remaining races that haven't seen a PA yet have to do with Spiders. I mean Necrons do have their creepy crawly Canoptek stuff... maybe a new Canoptek unit coming down the pipe for them?

Guest Triszin

Well, I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but the title of the next book after Engine War has been leaked: War of the Spider. Interesting title to say the least. Can't really think of what the remaining races that haven't seen a PA yet have to do with Spiders. I mean Necrons do have their creepy crawly Canoptek stuff... maybe a new Canoptek unit coming down the pipe for them?

I think it's a mis translation.

War of the spider = webway war

the spider was in an earlier echoes of awakening and seemed to imply fabius bile ? ( going to look it up.) or did I misinterpret that

there were also french rumors that there was an updated illuminor szeras coming with the necron book. who is spidery as well.

Lastly we have rumors of warp spiders recovering an ancient armor (possibly their exarch ?).. however eldar already got their turn ofcourse.

thats 3 possible references. (and as said before.. wich doesnt exclude any of the above ; webway could be a spider's setting.)
Ironically.. all 3 have a great deal of connections with each other.

Edit; I kept my old message intact, but I think this was referencing Szeras, the hideously mutated creations made me think of fabius bile, but there is no indication.

"Circumspicium Magna:
Obscurus Approximatus
It is inarguable, lord. The Spider operates in the
southern reaches of the Segmentum Obscurus,
though upon which world it has yet to be ascertained.
Discoveries of hideously mutated creations, vanished
populations and tortured survivors correlate with
his profile perfectly. What nefarious agenda brings
him to the Lord Commander’s empire is not known.
Whatever his motives, we must intervene. We should
seize this opportunity to end him once and for all."

Edited by TheMawr

The Spider in that text is definitely Bile. I mean, mutated subjects, abductions and torture fitting his profile? If it was dissections instead of mutations I could accept Szeras, but mutations are a Bile thing, and despite Szeras' multi-legged nature, it's Bile who's nicknamed "the Spider".

Also, I'm pretty sure "Lord Commander" means Guilliman. I think Imperials wouldn't refer to any Traitor by any honorific title, if they even know who Eidolon is to begin with.

Edited by DeadFingers

The Spider in that text is definitely Bile. I mean, mutated subjects, abductions and torture fitting his profile? If it was dissections instead of mutations I could accept Szeras, but mutations are a Bile thing, and despite Szeras' multi-legged nature, it's Bile who's nicknamed "the Spider".

Also, I'm pretty sure "Lord Commander" means Guilliman. I think Imperials wouldn't refer to any Traitor by any honorific title, if they even know who Eidolon is to begin with.

Do we know this is a communique between Imperial forces or could it be an intercepted transmission between enemy forces? Having recently read the 2nd Fabius book I may have my tin foil hat on...:lol:

Edited by NTaW

The spider isn't a great nickname IMO. The apothecary harness Fabulous Bill has isn't unique to him alone as an apothecary.

A harness isn't unique to him, but the Chirurgeon certainly is!

That being said, the third installation in the Fabius Bile series by Josh Reynolds should be around the corner, so it might just be a fluff note that ties into the related interests.

War of the Spider could include Harlequins if we go with the webway idea, they fit in with Necrons as well, and Fabius has dealt with both, so it could be a possibe line-up for an installment? :)

He's not called the Spider because of his apothecary harness, but because of his character. It's used initially as a derogatory term by his fellow Emperor's Children back in the Great Crusade, owing to the fact that he kept himself to himself, away from all others, rejecting all overtures made to him by his brothers, simply occupying his apothecarium like a spider on its web.

This is later expanded to reflect the manifold plots and ploys he spins during his time in the Eye.

I highly doubt War of the Spider is going to have anything to do with Fabius Bile. Chaos factions (minus DG) will have all been covered by the time this book drops. Throwing a single special character into a book from a faction that has already been covered really doesn't make sense from a marketing perspective. Unless there's going to be a tandem Emperor's Children release, I don't see that happening.

I find it way more likely that it deals with the Webway or is a translation issue as mentioned above. If it's Webway related, that definitely makes me think Harlequins vs Necrons.

Crazy wildcard baseless theory time.

War of the Spiders.

Warp Spiders Vs Szeras. Throw Bile in for the triple threat. I don't think he should be with the main Emperor's Children anyway, so give him a standalone model release.

"But Eldar were covered already and Harlequins don't have Warp Spiders. And CSM have been covered too". Well I did say "crazy wildcard baseless", didn't I?

Edited by DeadFingers

Guest Triszin

you know...

I wonder if tomorrow ghaz will be shown off?

Crazy wildcard baseless theory time.

War of the Spiders.

Warp Spiders Vs Szeras. Throw Bile in for the triple threat. I don't think he should be with the main Emperor's Children anyway, so give him a standalone model release.

"But Eldar were covered already and Harlequins don't have Warp Spiders. And CSM have been covered too". Well I did say "crazy wildcard baseless", didn't I?

toss in Death gaurd, cause insects!

would be interesting if warp spiders came back in plastic, and also became an option for the harlequins, then tie them to harliquin and necron.

in truth, I think DG will end up fighting Custodes.

Corrupted vs incorruptible ( probably be the final fight with Gman vs deathgaurd and mort, then plague wars part 3 comes out after detailing it?)

Edited by Triszin

Currently reading PA:5 and there's -finally- straight up mention of Necrons attacking an Imperial noctilith mining facility (in the Echoes of Awakening section). Dark Eldar were present and seizing stockpiles of noctilith during the conflict.

Thousand Sons have also been previously mentioned (PA4) gathering noctilith from Imperial sites.

Edited by NTaW

Guest Triszin

Oh, on ghaz size...

I think he will be as tall as the new shadow sun standing on her base.

Just judging off of skull scaling on her base.

Which would mean the dudes a monster in size

Another note from the Echoes of Awakening: There is what looks like a chaos cult originating message stating that 'the metal gods stride! With each mighty step they tread on those who once trod in us!" and a Mechanicus distress transmission about a Forge World under attcack from Iron Warriors including unclassified "Engine Beasts" with "empyric grade weapons and munitions", both of which could be references to the upcoming Engine War psychic awakening book.

Guest Triszin

huh

Ragnar Blackmane Delisted from Gamesworkshop US.

still live on other sites however.

please ignore the Klaxon alarm and warning lights.

lets see what comes of this