Pyschic Awakening: Speculation

Guest Triszin

This is cynical but doesnt seem to have been brought up much, giant Ghaz wont have character protection from shooting so will get squished

Or

Meta seems to be high volume fire rather than AP and cc to deal with melee units so if he is reasonable points he changes the meta

One of the ideas I've got that might get him around that is if he's 9 wounds and Makari is basically a 4 wound grot shield he can take as an upgrade. that'd give him a 2++ against high damage shots (that probably won't survive if you roll that 1) but we'll have to wait and see.

This is cynical but doesnt seem to have been brought up much, giant Ghaz wont have character protection from shooting so will get squished

Or

Meta seems to be high volume fire rather than AP and cc to deal with melee units so if he is reasonable points he changes the meta

One of the ideas I've got that might get him around that is if he's 9 wounds and Makari is basically a 4 wound grot shield he can take as an upgrade. that'd give him a 2++ against high damage shots (that probably won't survive if you roll that 1) but we'll have to wait and see.

Cant see him being only 9 wounds as he definitely looks bigger than bobby g

Not an Ork player but how he interacts with Makari will be interesting, a 2 +++ shield strikes me as being OP on anything thats not near defenceless without it

Or

Cant see him being only 9 wounds as he definitely looks bigger than bobby g

Not an Ork player but how he interacts with Makari will be interesting, a 2 +++ shield strikes me as being OP on anything thats not near defenceless without it

Makari is like the cross between a Shadowfield and a Sheild Drone in my head.

And who knows, maybe Ghaz will have some other buffs to protect himself with. He'll need to be tougher than a knight if he doesn't have the character protection.

Guest Triszin

for ghaz.

I suspect he will have a variety of things to mitigate damage, even from snipers.

I half expect him to have 14-16 hp

layered defenses

high HP, high toughness, Damage reduction, invuln save and a fnp save when wounds taken.

Or he'll just get shot off the board, like Daemon Primarchs, Disco Lords and Co, simple as that. ^^

So he'll be good for about three weeks then?

Why for so long? And why should that matter? It'll be a cool model. That's all that matters for GW. ^^

Or he'll just get shot off the board, like Daemon Primarchs, Disco Lords and Co, simple as that. ^^

So he'll be good for about three weeks then?

Why for so long? And why should that matter? It'll be a cool model. That's all that matters for GW. ^^

Until the first FAQ drops and kicks him in his bionic kneecap.

And cool model is usually enough for me, but even I point out things and go "golly gee" now and then.

All Ork units can deep strike, and orks aren't as reliant on it as Khorne daemons, while also having an easier time building up the CP. Between that, Ork charge rerolls, and hopefully some nice tweaks and buffs in the new book, a deep striking Ghaz might actually work to some extent. He'd be better off than a Bloodthirster at any rate.

On non Saga of the Beast stuff, these two pieces of art were posted on the Warhammer official Instagram page

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9CFwj0ps6d/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9E4Um4I_g2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Considering the Necrons, Harlequins, and DG haven't been featured yet maybe this is GW teasing the featured factuons for War of the Spider?

All Ork units can deep strike

What is it with Xenos armies and having an army-wide deepstrike? I thought I was sneaky with my Phobos-heavy Raven Guard. Then I found out every single GSC Infantry and Biker unit can deepstrike. And now I'm finding out all Orks can deepstrike? What is this nonsense?

Well GSC being super sneaky is nothing new or surprising, really. And the Orks are about as sneaky as Blood Angels lol

What is it with Xenos armies and having an army-wide deepstrike? I thought I was sneaky with my Phobos-heavy Raven Guard. Then I found out every single GSC Infantry and Biker unit can deepstrike. And now I'm finding out all Orks can deepstrike? What is this nonsense?

I'm guessing that's through use of Da Jump.

Also, as per article about Aleya and Valerian, Custodes and Sisters of Silence will get Talons of the Emperor rules. :biggrin.:

Well GSC being super sneaky is nothing new or surprising, really. And the Orks are about as sneaky as Blood Angels lol

Da Jump is gameplay redeployment, their army-wide Deepstrike is this:

Tellyporta (2 CP): During deployment, you can deep strike any Ork unit with a Power Level of 20 or less instead of setting it up normally. If you deepstrike a transport, only the transport's PL cost counts.

And since it's a Deployment Stratagem, you can use it a LOT of times.

Edited by Gederas

Da Jump is gameplay redeployment, their army-wide Deepstrike is this:

Tellyporta (2 CP): During deployment, you can deep strike any Ork unit with a Power Level of 20 or less instead of setting it up normally. If you deepstrike a transport, only the transport's PL cost counts.

And since it's a Deployment Stratagem, you can use it a LOT of times.

Ghaz confirmed @ 400+ pts ;)

On non Saga of the Beast stuff, these two pieces of art were posted on the Warhammer official Instagram page

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9CFwj0ps6d/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9E4Um4I_g2/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Considering the Necrons, Harlequins, and DG haven't been featured yet maybe this is GW teasing the featured factuons for War of the Spider?

Dang, I like that dragon crest on that Eldar helm in the first link!

What if they just straight up give Ghaz a jump pack? :tongue.: We haven't really seen his back right (other than that RE that's quite likely him)?

We have and it's indeed the Rumour (V8) Engine.

ghazghkull-2-e1579845760827.jpg

I really hope we get to see him before the week's over.

Edited by DeadFingers