Veteran Intercessors

Then again we did get alot in return. Thunder Hammers on them, we can master craft centurion sergeant hurricane boltguns (oh that makes me giggle every time) and tacticals are now 12 points, suppose you can't win them all.

I've heard this several times now, can someone explain to me how? I don't have the supplements yet, just the main book.

Theres a set of relics called "special issue equipment" which is basically all the 3rd and 4th ed gear; adamantine mantle, artifice armour, digital weapons, master crafted weapon etc...

One of the generic supplement stratagems allows for a seargent to pick from the special issue list. So mastercrafted hurricane bolters or thunderhammers

Then again we did get alot in return. Thunder Hammers on them, we can master craft centurion sergeant hurricane boltguns (oh that makes me giggle every time) and tacticals are now 12 points, suppose you can't win them all.

I've heard this several times now, can someone explain to me how? I don't have the supplements yet, just the main book.
This is something that is only available to White Scars and Ultramarines.

Each of these Supplements has a Stratagem that gives you the option to give a sergeant a relic item from a selection of special issue wargear. One of those options is a master crafted version of the weapon they carry, which means +1 damage.

This is not available to Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, and Black Templars.

Edited by Lemondish

Each of these Supplements has a Stratagem that gives you the option to give a sergeant a relic item from a selection of special issue wargear. One of those options is a master crafted version of the weapon they carry, which means +1 damage.

This is not available to Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, and Black Templars.  Yet

Fixed that for you

This is not available to Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, and Black Templars.  Yet

Fixed that for you

Yeah, all the original chapters that were legions will probably get this in their supplements as a stratagem. 

Edited by MegaVolt87

This is not available to Iron Hands, Raven Guard, Salamanders, Imperial Fists, Crimson Fists, and Black Templars. Yet

Fixed that for you

Yeah, all the original chapters that were legions will probably get this in their supplements as a stratagem.

Very, very likely.

But given the 4-6 month expected release timeline, we can't really treat it as anything Astartes wide until the codex is finally fully released.

For now, it only applies to Ultramarines and White Scars. That sounds like it will be the case for quite as long time, too.