Raziel-TX's Dark Angels

Raziel-TX

• 2 weeks later...

Looks as good or better than most of what GW is offering nowadays, Raziel!  Did you make it a true robe, with the rear cloth coming down the back of the model as well?

Like the barrel shrouding and the full rail without the slotting across the top on the bolter/bolt rifle!  Nice stuff man, good show.

19 hours ago, Raziel-TX said:

@twopounder.  Yes, the number of files are growing. They extend beyond 40k to now LI and also some WW2 stuff.  Soon it will likely include Roman legion stuff as well. 

Eventually you'll get a NAS with terabytes of space and cloud storage sub to keep everything backed up. 3d printing is literally the same problems on a different day :ermm:. Where do you put everything it, keep it organized and make sure it all goes with you on a move.

Nice work on the model though. Are you placing the parts over an existing or do you have a "builder" set of parts?

Edited by twopounder

This one was built upon a leg and torso set I paid for. Everything is a combo/kit bash of free files. 

No builder involved. Though I do have one, I just don’t know how to manipulate the limbs and such so it’s not getting any love until I research how to do that in blender. 

I really hope I don’t end up with that many files!!!  Haha. 

Edited by Raziel-TX

54 minutes ago, Raziel-TX said:

This one was built upon a leg and torso set I paid for. Everything is a combo/kit bash of free files. 

No builder involved. Though I do have one, I just don’t know how to manipulate the limbs and such so it’s not getting any love until I research how to do that in blender. 

I really hope I don’t end up with that many files!!!  Haha. 

It sneaks up on you :woot:

image.png.855b22b2a1172fca5bce55f2725690ef.png

I printed a thing…sword didn’t make it as it was super flimsy reduced to 12mm but other than that it came out way better than I thought it would. 

I’m also 2/3 of the way done with my super heavy tank BN (1 company of glaives, 1 company of falchions, and two companies of fellblades). 

IMG_2333.jpeg

Edited by Raziel-TX

• 2 weeks later...

Bro-the amount of customization is bonkers. I thought the hard part would be figuring out how to manipulate files but that’s easy. I really think the challenge will be figuring out how to paint these as I usually paint without all the parts together. 

Thanks all.  I hope to tackle some painting in the next few weeks.  Been chipping away at some LI stuff so just need to finish that up.