How will the Psychic Awakening affect the Grey Knights?

Ichar

Rumors mentioned only two short stories. I'm pretty sure that AoS is a one week release and PA4 is right after it. So I bet on 18th January.

It feels kind of ironic, that I'm both GK and Seraphon player and Tzeentch+KO release denied me rule updates for both armies.

same here bud, pretty annoyed about it actually.

GW gotta hit you with that slow drip feed.

I guess it’s not a bad thing for them to hype stuff up, but this part of their market model seems antiquated. I think players expect the game to be “faster” in terms of balance and update releases.

Such that to tease releases seems more cruel than fun, if that makes sense.

SoB full release is scheduled for next week. This means, unless there is a parallel PA release, our book is delayed for 1 more week.

I really hope the wait is worth it. Much disappointment if it isn’t. I wish they hadn’t even announced it til now, because the wait is killing me.

SoB full release is scheduled for next week. This means, unless there is a parallel PA release, our book is delayed for 1 more week.

not necessarily, but we will know tomorrow. Launching a book, limited book, and 1 model will not compete with sisters launch (which is most likely a multi week release)

Well we won’t have any answers for at least another week. Or two. Or three, at most, I am sure. I swear I think they are intentionally doing this because someone important at GW got his butt handed to him by a GK player In 5th.

Edit to add: Since there will still be unreleased Sisters models after pre-orders on the 11th, it would make sense that the 25th is the earliest we will have preorders unless they double up on the 18th. Which, if they were going to do that why not do it this week? So looks like we will have the book by February 1st.

Edited by Ichar

With new short story from PA4 I hope next thing they do will be reveal of some rules from each army

I think that PA4 will be on pre-order this saturday to be released the 25th, so we should get rules reveal next week.

Oups... i meant pre-order next week end. But who knows maybe GW will finally don't dissapoint me and stop delaying this release.

I saw on Facebook comment from Warhammer 40k on people asking about reveals that says they will start reveals next week and follow up with preorder

Edit:

I read it wrong, it says they will start reveals in the week before preorder, so nothing specific

Edited by Justicar Boreq

So, I wonder if greyknights will get cheaper units?

*why?

they mention since the rift and the awakening, theres a plethora of psykers to run through the grey knight process, so it could eventually mean that greyknights could become a "legion" a small legion but a legion nonetheless in strength.

Does anyone think that our chaplains will get the vanilla Space Marine chaplain upgrade? I was just looking at the different litanies and they seem like they would be outstanding, especially for close combat. Between Catechism of Fire and Mantra of Strength, a chaplain could give a unit plus one to strength, damage, attacks, and wounding. A unit of Paladins with Nemesis Force Halbreds would really be devastating. Thoughts?

I have a feeling that we are getting our own table (btw, some stratagems from KT seem like names for Litanies, e,g, seven chants of denial). They will be very nice addition, but not a game changer. +1 to-wound prayer is pretty nice as well as +2 for charge. Mantra of Strength works only on Chaplain himself, unfortunately.

What I'm really waiting for is Transhuman Physiology. Paladins with 2+, 4++ which can be wounded only on 4+ are great. They are even worth getting a couple of Hammers. WIth Shock Assault and Ancient they are really devastating.

I have a feeling that we are getting our own table (btw, some stratagems from KT seem like names for Litanies, e,g, seven chants of denial). They will be very nice addition, but not a game changer. +1 to-wound prayer is pretty nice as well as +2 for charge. Mantra of Strength works only on Chaplain himself, unfortunately.

What I'm really waiting for is Transhuman Physiology. Paladins with 2+, 4++ which can be wounded only on 4+ are great. They are even worth getting a couple of Hammers. WIth Shock Assault and Ancient they are really devastating.

Yeah I misread the mantra of strength. Maybe it will work for Grey Knight units because of Brotherhood of Litanies (j/k). At this point I would just like a morsel, a spec, anything about our rules in PA4. I am so hopeful... yet so apprehensive

I'm hoping for access to "Faith and Fury" style upgrades for our Apothecaries, Chaplains etc.

Being able to throw a 6+++FNP on our 2+, 5++ (4++ with hammerhand) Paladins sounds fun.

Edited by casb1965

I'm hoping for access to "Faith and Fury" style upgrades for our Apothecaries, Chaplains etc.

Pretty sure we won't be getting anything because "YoU dOn'T hAvE cOdeX oRgAnIzAtIoN blah-blah-blah". GW is lazy enough to just give us 6 aspects of the warp and say "you are fine", because they are too busy selling Primaris to Dark Angels. I really hope to be proved wrong in the end.

I was sent another short story (Genestealer Cults) which will likely post a week after the Tau vs Deathguard one but in that message I was also told that a GK article will go up Monday the 13th as well.

You share great news and happy tidings! Thanks for the heads up :)