How will the Psychic Awakening affect the Grey Knights?

Ichar

Can't wait to see what Lawrence from tabletop tactics has to say.

Lawrence has a decent collection of GK, 1KSons, and DA.

I can't wait for him to set up re-match between his 1KSons and GK!

Heck, I'd even like to his DA/RW vs GK, as DA players seem to be lovin' their new rules and it be a fitting test to see which is actually better - Combat Doctrines or Masters of the Warp!

I can't wait to see if our extra stratagems, and powers will help for our survivability. In that case I will be happy to field again some paladins with 3 apothecary to make a very scary death ball that can resuct/heal 2-3 models a turn

1. 3 Apothecaries, 1 Brother-Captain, 1 Chaplain

2. 2 Apothecaries, 2 Brother-Captain, 1 Chaplain

3. 2 Apothecaries, 1 Brother-Captain, 2 Chaplain

Aesthetically - first options. Copmetitevly either 1 or 3. We don't know what is the full list of litanies yet. But apothecary is definetly is very cheap, very durable hero that spits 2 MW just for 76 pts (or 88, if you have spare points for hammer). The problem is also that you can only teleport a single chaplain with GoI, so the second would have to use his litanies only since t3.

Now that it is confirmed that the dark angels get all the regular litanies on the chaplain + one extra specific. What do you think are the chance for greyknight to get the same treatment? If we get any litanie with some area bonus to the charge distance I will be happy. Thats really all what it takes now to bring us to a very good play level

Now that it is confirmed that the dark angels get all the regular litanies on the chaplain + one extra specific. What do you think are the chance for greyknight to get the same treatment? If we get any litanie with some area bonus to the charge distance I will be happy. Thats really all what it takes now to bring us to a very good play level

Yeah I'm a little confused, based on the other SM rule upgrades it's the 6 Litanies of Battle + Litany of Hate + 1 Chapter specific. I'd guess that could be the same for us with our Chapter specific "Recitation of Projection" being the only new GK specific one. Based on precedence, it makes sense. Of course WHC states new, "Litanies of Purity" instead of Litanies of Battle which is what it has been for every other SM chapter thus far. They have made mistakes/exaggerated before so Im thinking its probability just 1 new GK litany....BUT we are also the first Chapter to NOT have Combat Doctrines...so technically there is all precedence for GK NOT to get the 6 Litanies of Battle and actually get 6 brand new Litanies of Purity.

They early reviews should be coming in the next few days right? That's the only way we can know for sure.

But yeah if it's like the other SM chapters is it worth having 2 GK Chaplains? 1 Chaplain for say the +2 to charge roll, and another in the mid-field for +6" range for stormbolters, psilencers / psycannons?

1. 3 Apothecaries, 1 Brother-Captain, 1 Chaplain

2. 2 Apothecaries, 2 Brother-Captain, 1 Chaplain

3. 2 Apothecaries, 1 Brother-Captain, 2 Chaplain

Aesthetically - first options. Copmetitevly either 1 or 3. We don't know what is the full list of litanies yet. But apothecary is definetly is very cheap, very durable hero that spits 2 MW just for 76 pts (or 88, if you have spare points for hammer). The problem is also that you can only teleport a single chaplain with GoI, so the second would have to use his litanies only since t3.

If we are not getting any brand new GK litanies (but still get the new standard battle litanies), do you think a second Chaplain is worth it over a third Apothecary?

I dont think the GK chaplain (more expensive than regular ones) is worth taking just for the +6 range. Even less considering that we cannot use the master of sanctity. So unless we get some charge bonus or survivability bonus I wont bother

If we are not getting any brand new GK litanies (but still get the new standard battle litanies), do you think a second Chaplain is worth it over a third Apothecary?

I'm pretty sure, that we won't be able to use 2 chaplains to their full potential. We don't have neither stong backline fire support, nor jumpacks to increase mobility.

Can't wait to see what Lawrence from tabletop tactics has to say.

Lawrence has a decent collection of GK, 1KSons, and DA.

I can't wait for him to set up re-match between his 1KSons and GK!

Heck, I'd even like to his DA/RW vs GK, as DA players seem to be lovin' their new rules and it be a fitting test to see which is actually better - Combat Doctrines or Masters of the Warp!

If you follow TTT on Instagram you'll see they have in-game shots of GK and TS. And an army set-up shot of DA. So I'm guessing they'll be doing a review-battle report on Saturday when they are allowed show it.

Ok, so we've got 10 pages in the new book:

- intoduction+masters of the warp = 2 pages;

- new datasheet for chaplain = 1 page;

- stratagems = 2 pages;

- dominus discipline = 1 page;

- relics of titan = 1 page;

- litanies of purity = 1 page;

- name generator = 1 page;

- point costs = 1 page.

So no new warlord traits or special issue wargear sadly. Also no new datasheets, except chaplain gaining litanies rules. This means that Draigo still won't get actual full reroll and purgators suffering -1 to-hit on move. So let's look at new stuff and see how high we are flying now.

Ok, so we've got 10 pages in the new book:

- intoduction+masters of the warp = 2 pages;

- new datasheet for chaplain = 1 page;

- stratagems = 2 pages;

- dominus discipline = 1 page;

- relics of titan = 1 page;

- litanies of purity = 1 page;

- name generator = 1 page;

- point costs = 1 page.

So no new warlord traits or special issue wargear sadly. Also no new datasheets, except chaplain gaining litanies rules. This means that Draigo still won't get actual full reroll and purgators suffering -1 to-hit on move. So let's look at new stuff and see how high we are flying now.

Is this available for viewing somewhere?

It's interesting that GK will have a whole page for Relics, does that mean 6 brand new GK Relics? Im not sure about the previous SM Chapter Relic additions, were there any generic cross-chapter (copy+paste) relics?

We already know one of them will be a GK Stave, what are the chances another two of them will be relic versions for the Twin Falchions and Force Sword (might as well complete the NFW relic set)? Would people be interested in an 8ed revamp of the Bone Shard relic of 7ed? How about relics fro previous Editions?

I would like a Psycannon Relic (as they are still iconically GK imo), which would synergise with Tide of Convergence, Recitation of Projection and increase value for either your Brother Captain and Paladin Ancient which you probably wouldn't mind taking in your standard GK lists already.

:cuss ... From what I can hear among all the stratagem and litanies that we get not a single one gives a bonus to the charge ... Seriously.

We are now better at shooting than we are at melee ... yeahhh!

On the psychic department though we are the boss of the game. +3 re-rollable casts for a character.